Who hates Valentines Day worse than me???

Options
13»

Replies

• bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    It's a nice idea, but I don't like the pressure that comes along with it. The questions of "What are you guys doing to celebrate? What did he get you? Where are you going? Did he send anything to work?"

Um, NO. Because we don't want to spend tons of money just to prove with the masses that we love each other. My fiance and I have now been together for 3 Valentine's Days. At most, we've gotten each other a card. We usually fix a nice meal at home or go out to a simple dinner and just try to spend time together.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Sure you can be nice, kind and caring to your partner all year round but I think it's a great excuse to do something unusual with them. I don't understand the bitterness really. Nobody forces you to celebrate it, and it's something that only happens once a year.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I don't hate it but I am apathetic about it. I just really don't feel like it's that big of a deal. Our anniversary means something to us so we celebrate that. Valentine's Day is just some arbitrary day that mostly just guilt trips guys into buying their women flowers, chocolate or cards. Let's just skip it, 'K? :)
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    Everyday should be Valentines Day ..Not once a year !

EXACTLY!!! DING DING DING DING!!!!
  • Jconner30
    Options
    I love Valentine's day!! Lot's of sex and chocolate! Woo hoo!

You never cease to amaze me Sugarchef :)
  • Jconner30
    Options
    Weather permitting, I am going to run 8 miles that day... Cant think of a better way to spend the day... When I *was* married, my stupid x-wife never got me anything (not even a card) but she flipped out when I didnt get her anything -- AND -- she *****ed when I got her flowers at a supermarket. She wanted them from a 'flower store' - so I didnt ever buy her anything again on V-Day.
  • jeffazi
    jeffazi Posts: 198
    Options
    Ugh... I too hate Valentines day, about as much as I hate Christmas! Yes, I hate Chritsmas! OK it starts 3 months in advance, everyone is broke, everyone is stressed, everyone is trying to figure out whose parents house to go to so no one feels left out or gets butt hurt. What to buy? Who to buy for? What to eat? Bla bla bla ... I'm sorry but Christmas is just evil Lol!

THIS!!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    My favorite holiday is February 15th, aka "Half-Price Candy Day".
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I don't "hate" it ... I just think if you're with the person you love, it should be Valentine's everyday!!
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    i got dumped one year a few days before v-day for a ugly chick with one leg needless to say i made sure i worked the whole day that year and got wasted that night
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I don't hate it but I am apathetic about it. I just really don't feel like it's that big of a deal. Our anniversary means something to us so we celebrate that. Valentine's Day is just some arbitrary day that mostly just guilt trips guys into buying their women flowers, chocolate or cards. Let's just skip it, 'K? :)

^^this, i dont really see the point of it!
  • JasonSwetland
    JasonSwetland Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I used to be a romantic as a young man but now realize (thousands of $$$ later) I got swindeled by hallmark.
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    The way things are going, it may be the only holiday that will be allowed to celebrate openly- you know we can't offend anyone by celebrating Easter or Christmas! I guess we do have New Year's too.....
  • elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    LOL...I dont like or hate it... I choose to ignore it!! :laugh:
  • PamelaB43
    PamelaB43 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    over rated holiday
  • jean1058
    jean1058 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Ugh... I too hate Valentines day, about as much as I hate Christmas! Yes, I hate Chritsmas! OK it starts 3 months in advance, everyone is broke, everyone is stressed, everyone is trying to figure out whose parents house to go to so no one feels left out or gets butt hurt. What to buy? Who to buy for? What to eat? Bla bla bla ... I'm sorry but Christmas is just evil Lol!

And I thought I was the ONLY person who felt like that! I have refined my "hate statement" to I hate COMMERCIALIZED Christmas. I don't mind going to church to wish baby Jesus a Happy Birthday, but beyond that.... UGH.

Valentine's Day is a joke for me. I've been married so long I don't even worry about it. Neither of us exchange gifts or cards. Not like the card/candy/jewelry makers will miss us. They are the ones who invented the commercialized version. Back when we were kids, we used to look forward to getting a tiny card from every other student in our class. They stopped doing that when someone realized some kids didn't have money to buy the cards. I can't think of ONE Valentine's day that meant anything at all. Sad, huh? :sad:
  • mrussell1986
    Options
    I Like the Quote on your Ticker! :smile: This was for chachita7.