Replies

• jodyblanchard
    jodyblanchard Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • TrueBlueBruin78
    TrueBlueBruin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Almonds are a good choice. Quick and easy and they help satisfy hunger pains.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Don't let yourself get so hungry. My "shut off" is faulty if I do this. I try to graze on veggies, and other sensible snacking food 2-3 hours with hot tea or water tossed in.
  • mem1086
    mem1086 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Dry cereal - cheerios and other kinds of that size take awhile to eat. It feels like you are eating more than you are. Also, Chewy bars and Fiber One bars keep me from grazing on bad snacks.
  • thoma74
    thoma74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Bump
    I'm bumping cause I have this problem and I want to read this all later.
  • CCulshaw
    CCulshaw Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am the same way! I can't start eating almonds or other small snacks, because I when I am in my "hungry mode", I simply CANNOT stop at just a small handful. My favorite go-to foods during these times are:

1) Smoothies, which I can bulk up with a little protein powder, frozen fruit, almond milk or greek yogurt, water, and PLENTY of ice cubes. Maybe a little oatmeal and a little peanut butter, if I have the extra calories & want something a little more substantial.

2) Egg white (or egg substitute) omlette with chopped bell peppers & onions, and maybe some hot peppers or spinach. OK, let's face it, it's usually an egg scramble with all those ingredients, but it's bulky & filling with high nutrition & low calories.

3) A bowl (1cup) of frozen blueberries, 1/2 packet of Truvia (optional!), and 2 TBSP of lite whipped topping. It settles my ice cream craving, since it's so cold & sweet. I also can't eat it as fast as I can fresh blueberries, so that probably helps.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Protein fluff! I can try to eat a bowl on an empty stomach. And can barely finish half of it. 255 calories xD
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I've learned to listen to my body and actually eat when I'm that hungry. Not junk food, but my healthy snacks. Then I feel much better :flowerforyou:
  • nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Cut out the bread and anything with a lot of sugar in it. Replace with salads, light salad dressing. Start identifying the foods that are eating up all your calories, substitute with lower calorie foods, tomato juice is good and low calorie. baked beans are a good filler.
  • Mesha_yy
    Mesha_yy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Havent checked all the replies, but, it may be your hungry because you know a certain food is available, for example if i know my sister has cake at home, i'm automatically hungry, and i will eat a lot of things to put the cake out of my mind, but still end up eating the cake, so its a matter of not making certain foods available to you.
    Your hunger will vanish, and if it is honest hunger, you will only have healthy options available to you.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    stuff my face with carrot sticks or drink some coffee.
  • astrodog
    Options
    Brussel sprouts: roast them with olive oil and sea salt. (400 for about 15-20 min depending on preference) really very tasty. I add extra salt on the days when I am craving something salty. I like the roasted brussel sprouts leftover and cold too.
  • Inlet
    Inlet Posts: 135
    Options
    If I need calories... Oatmeal, Apple and peanut butter, string cheese and banana, wheat toast and almond butter... If don't need calroies (as determined by my mfp counts for the day) I grab raw veggies, drink water and run away from kitchen. I'll distract myself with a movie, or stretching, or taking a walk...
  • PirateJohn
    Options
    Make the biggest bowl of raw vegetables that you can. Trust me, you will be sick of eating before you're done.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Frozen spinach with dill and garlic (or garlic and yogurt for creamed spinach).

Broccoli or cauliflower, steamed, roasted, boiled, microwaved, any of those is an option. Then some garlic. If you want, just a little bit of cheese on top, just enough.
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Soup helps me! When I'm feeling like that I add in a bowl of butternut squash soup before my meal. (I make a bunch at one time and freeze to use as needed) It's just a bit over 100 calories and it really makes me feel full. My "for example" meal would be soup first, then a bowl of salad with my own vinaigrette (40ish calories a TBSP), and then my chicken breast and vegie.
    I eat the soup for lunch, too. Usually with a light sandwich. It really does fill me up.
    And TONS of water, of course!
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    What recipe do you use for your protein fluff? What kind of protein powder? And do you really have to run the mixer for 15 minutes like I heard? It seems like it would overheat! haha
  • LisaMom2Lucas
    Options
    a big volume, low cal option I use is popcorn!

THIS!
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    Unsalted rice cakes or unsalted rice crackers and hummus.
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    What is protein fluff?

Veggies, of course; popcorn, rice cakes. Those are the best for me when the beast is lurking.