Haha! First Unsolicited Message!

Options
2»

Replies

• Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    They could have done a better job of trying to help you out. Its good to get advice from others but not in that way
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    When I receive unsolicited advice like that, I just refer them to my ticker.

Results speak louder than anything or anybody.

No thanks....
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I had one of those messages early on too and I was so mad because it was such a nitpicking thing... I had the calories and I was working a 16 hour shift so I had a Freddo Frog (For you non-Aussies, it's chocolate 40g ~180 cal). Every thing else that day had been salad, protein and good carbs and some one decides to chastise me for my 40g of chocolate?! Sometimes people take this WAY to seriously. I'm all above everything in moderation!
    Mmmmm... caramel Freddo...
    hmmmm no silly, it's a caramello KOALA!!!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

Oh, and for the non-grammar nerds, "(sic)" means the word before it was misspelled when I received the message, but I know that it is grammatically wrong. :wink: I'm a total grammar nerd. 0.0

Okay so 'sic' actually means 'thus' or 'so' - or in other words, that the word or phrase has been transcribed exactly as it appeared in the original text - often used when the text has an odd spelling or mis-spelling - but not in all cases. I am an even bigger nerd! :wink:

you learn something new everyday!!!! :drinker:
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Well you've lost 10lbs so far, you must be doing something right! :smile:
  • Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    10lbs so far! Speaks for it's self!

The thing I like about this diet is that you can treat yourself, you just need to plan and think about what your eating. To cut out everything "unhealthy" is unrealistic long term.
    I'm looking at this long term and want to find a way of loosing the weight and maintaining it, to say I will never eat chocolate again is not going to happen. I would rather learn how to eat what my body needs and occasionally craves, while maintaining a healthy and slim figure!

If anyone would like support, please feel free to add me.

(Little concious of my grammar and spelling now!) ;-)
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Okay so 'sic' actually means 'thus' or 'so' - or in other words, that the word or phrase has been transcribed exactly as it appeared in the original text - often used when the text has an odd spelling or mis-spelling - but not in all cases. I am an even bigger nerd! :wink:
    Ah yes, so very true. I wasn't sure how to explain it - you do a much better job than me! :smile:

I don't mind my diary being open - I have nothing to hide, and if someone wants to judge me, that's fine! I think it's funny someone randomly checked my diary and actually decided to say something because they were sooo concerned for me. Lol - it certainly works for me though, so until it stops working, I'll keep doing it! :drinker:
  • gabadabadoo
    Options
    I had one of those messages early on too and I was so mad because it was such a nitpicking thing... I had the calories and I was working a 16 hour shift so I had a Freddo Frog (For you non-Aussies, it's chocolate 40g ~180 cal). Every thing else that day had been salad, protein and good carbs and some one decides to chastise me for my 40g of chocolate?! Sometimes people take this WAY to seriously. I'm all above everything in moderation!
    Mmmmm... caramel Freddo...
    hmmmm no silly, it's a caramello KOALA!!!

Mmmmm... raspberry freddo AND caramello koala.....

And I meant to say this the first time around - stuff them - some people take this waaayyyyy too seriously - the calorie accountants are not the fun people to be around!