Motivate me or I'm giving up

Options
13»

Replies

• danahake
    danahake Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It is very hard. Have a cheat day and try try again. Maybe change some aspects of your diet or exercise. Too much deprivation is miserable. Try weight watchers. Their food is at walmart. You can eat it all. its normal food but its healthier. Try whole grain versus white flour products and just cut back your sugar. We all feel like giving up sometimes. This is the hardest thing ive had to do.. Im here if ya need to talk.
  • xxslvrxwngsxx
    xxslvrxwngsxx Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    as someone that has done this successfully, well somewhat successfully, no one can motivate you like yourself. Ask yourself if you're happy and if not work harder. Suck it up. A little tough love. Don't take offense.

"Somewhat successfully" BS. 186 ls lost... I would say that is successful!!!!!!!!!! Good job

And you shouldnt quit, you've done great so far, keep going!!!!!!!!!! Everyone has bad days, but we come back from them. Think about how the future you will feel minus the extra weight!!!!!!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    "Many of life's failures are men who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Anonymous
  • sidonieaten
    sidonieaten Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I work in Pathology as a Histotechnologist, I have seen with my own eyes what poor eating habits can do to a person...on an autopsy table! Americans are use to immediate gratification, "quick fixes", we can cheer you on but YOU are the only one that can actually do this. It is a lifetime choice and YOU can do it!! Hang on!
  • seaoftears
    seaoftears Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    45 lbs is an amazing loss! Why should you give up now?!
    Take a break if you need to...
    eat some good grub,be lazy... then get back on track..
    I've been there done this several times....
    Each time it gets easier for me to want to keep going.....
    Whats stopping you?
    I don't wanna die, so thats what keeps me going.
    I don't wanna wakeup in pain.
    I don't wanna cry myself to sleep because I couldn't wear sexy jeans.
    I don't wanna live this life anymore...as a fatty.
    THIS motivates me...
    I'm sure you have something that kept u going for those 45lbs!
  • sunnyd52
    Options
    how could you think about quiting. you'll gain back the weight and all your hard work will be waisted........DON'T BE LAME ! ONLY YOU CAN MOTIVATE YOU.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    You're the only one who can motivate you. You have to want the lifestyle change and you have to be the one to follow through. No one else can do that for you.

This exactly.

However, if you can give us a bit more info about what's got you discouraged, what you're doing to lose weight, and so on, we might be able to give you some pointers.
  • em1976
    em1976 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My education and career have absolutely nothing to do with what I'm about to say...Set an attainable goal for yourself and don't place a time limit on it if you're going to stress over it. Don't compare yourself or your journey with anyone else's and never give up on your dreams. You've done well to lose 45lbs. focus on maintaining the loss and if some point down the road you decide you want to go another 5lbs then set your sights on those. There is no race if you don't make it a competition:)

I wish you health and happiness!:wink:

Well said.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    "Many of life's failures are men who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Anonymous
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    And THIS!

THANK YOU!
    Actually, I've gotten some good stuff from these responses.

Thanks ALL who responded. :flowerforyou:
    OP may not be for real, but I assure you, I am.
  • Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Seriously, it is a long hard slog unlearning the bad habits of a lifetime, but you do have to decide why you want to take this road, and keep the destination in sight, and have some rewarding stop-offs on the way to keep you on the right track!
  • mkcressotti
    mkcressotti Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I can't motivate you need to do that yourself, don't give up you lost 45 pounds that's great just stick with it everybody has bad day I 've been doing this only 4 weeks I dropped 10 pounds and today even i had a bad day i am not going to quit just going to re-group. so i can encourage you to stay with but cannot motivate you to do it.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Do you want to die before your time is really up? Do you want to live the remainder of your life just making do with what you have or do you want the best for yourself?
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Don't quit when you are tired, quit when you are done.
This discussion has been closed.