Is she faking???

Options

Replies

• hkussatz
    Options
    waterproof liquid liner stays on great! I've been wearing it ever since I discovered eyeliner :).... eye pencils smudge and come off so easily
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Natural is better by far.

A guy after my own heart! All I use is a tinted moisturizer to even out my skin tone. My hubby likes the natural look. And then there are times when a little "slut eyes" is necessary. (my DH calls them that, not to imply eye makeup looks slutty. I am just too lazy to wear it)
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I'm not popular - but I do NOT like the look of fake eyelashes at all or the "smokey" eye look. In fact, I HATE it. Sorry. :( I do love using creams, beiges, golds, buffs, browns, etc.... for eyeshadow. But not big into unnatural colors. I think they are horribly unattractive, but I'm not attracted to women anyway - I just like to judge I guess.

To each their own. :) If you are happy with the "I just got beat up" look - more power to you. :)
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I think her make-up and heavy fun make-up (celebrity or model style) is great for magazines and photo shoots. Not for everyday life.

You mentioned the Kardashian.... personally I think she needs to tone it down but if thats how she feels beautiful then its nothing on me.

I'll wear a smoky eye when I go out but normal work-from-home day I wear under eye concealer, mascara and eyebrow pencil. I'll add liner if I'll be out shopping. Lately I have been using eye shadow on the weekends since I stay basic all week but nothing heavy.
  • NNSSJSKR
    NNSSJSKR Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I think girls wear makeup for other girls more than for guys, at least I do. I always get compliments on my makeup from girls, whereas guys couldn't care less. The only guy I have dated that cared about my makeup was metrosexual, and there is a good chance he was bisexual (or gay, and definitely in denial).
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    On an every day basis, I wear nothing. I only put on make up when going out to dinner or dancing, etc. And even at that, I only put on a little.
  • speedyme
    speedyme Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I agree with the natural look, but if going out some smoky eyeshadow is good along with lip gloss and bronzer I don't usually leave home without foundation and wear mascara as my eyes are so small, when i smile they are little slits. The glasses aren't helping me either.
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I have eyelash extensions and I love love love them! If I go out I can go smokey, but on a normal no makeup day I just look like I have awesome lashes lol
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Makes no difference. She's a smoker and that's a game breaker over everything else.

Awesome!
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    So I have naturally long eyelashes and when I wear mascara I often get asked if I use fake eyelashes? I used to hate it when people would ask because it felt like they were judging me or something I even cut them short when I was a teenager because of it. They grew back...... I finally got over it and stopped caring what other people thought. I still secretly wish I had shorter lashes though.
  • finding_my_way
    finding_my_way Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    my eyelashes are so blonde I look like I have albino eyes so mascara is a must for me (if I knew how to wear fake lashes comfortably I probably would do that on occasion)
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    She is pretty, but she is a celebrity. As for me, I am an average beach going mom. Fake eyelashes + wind + sand = DISASTER! For everyday I wear very little makeup: mascara, powder and lipstick. I usually wear lipstick or lipgloss because without it people ask if I am getting sick...lol My mom never wore a lot of make up and at the age of 62 she has beautiful skin. I hope I follow in her footsteps.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    most definately fake..

i am a mascara freak and although my eyelashes don't look fake, they look marvelous. it's all about the mascara!!

Any tips you'd like to share? My eyelashes are on the thin side, but there is no way I will do fake. I have different brands and had so-so results.
    Thanks!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Notice that no men like fake lashes? At least the ones posting here so far...it just looks really tacky.
    This is still as true now as it was when I first noted it.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    The only make up I wear ever are mascara and eyeliner. I have blonde eyelashes that are nearly invisible without mascara. I don't like a lot of eyeliner, not into the Adele look, more like a toned down Duchess of Cambridge look (as I come from a very similar background and school, this is unsurprising, nearly everyone I grew up with has the same kind of look),

I don't like fake eyelashes. I have had to wear them on stage and I find them uncomfortable.
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it was a question for guys or girls as to if that look of make-up n eyelashes is good or not... LOL I think it looks nice, but I'm a natural girl who hardly wears make up ever o_o and when I do its very little... and neutral colors. But to each their own. I've always kinda thought most real men (lol real...not boys) don't like their women to look so fake...natural is sexy to me anyways :)
  • TeeferTiger
    TeeferTiger Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've been told I've got lovely long lashes <smug> and so I don't wear fake lashes... not that I've got the co-ordination or skill to put them on anyway :laugh: I don't really wear make up, but when I do it's usually just a bit of eyeshadow, concealer, some kohl eye pencil smudged in (because it's as crooked as a dog's hind leg) and then mascara. Oh and lip gloss.
  • thesameas
    thesameas Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have never known anything about makup and honetly can't be bothered using it. Whenever I have worn it I feel fake and kind of 'painted'. Mabye it's just a personal thing, but I feel like if it isn't a part of me, or if I need to re-apply my image every day I would get tired. I like to focus on being the best 'natural' me possible, instead of making myself pretty unnaturally. I'm a lover of mousturisers, facial scrubbs, hair treatments, and all things I can do to make the real me glow and look nicer. But although I don't favor makup, it dosn't bother me if other people decide to use ut. It's their own face, their own thing, and if done right makup can look quite nice.

I think Adele's eyelashes look nice on a magazine cover, I can't imagine having to deal with them all the time though.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Makes no difference. She's a smoker and that's a game breaker over everything else.

Have to agree with this. It's not very bright when you depend on your voice for a living to do the one thing most likely to ruin it.