Diet OR Life Style

Options

Replies

• firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I've always tried to maintain a pretty healthy lifestyle but got off track the last year or so. So now I'm on a diet to try (evidently not so successfully! >.< >.< >.< >.< >.<) to lose the weight I gained on that and then obviously stay with my normal lifestyle.
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Lifestyle. There's no way I could go back to living the way I did before.
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Lifestyle for sure!!
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I'm on a journey
    Don't stop....believing

It goes on and on and on and on

I think that makes it a lifestyle change ;)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Life style change.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Also, people seem to be confusing the different definitions for "diet."

If you were to say "I am dieting," the word dieting is functioning as a verb.
    If you were to say "This is part of my diet," the word diet functions as a noun.

Diet can have different meanings, so, no. Not everyone diets, though everyone has a diet.

The more you know.
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    thor1god1of1awesome Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Also, people seem to be confusing the different definitions for "diet."

If you were to say "I am dieting," the word dieting is functioning as a verb.
    If you were to say "This is part of my diet," the word diet functions as a noun.

Diet can have different meanings, so, no. Not everyone diets, though everyone has a diet.

The more you know.
    CBS CARES
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    both, because diet to me means what you eat, so I changed my life style and now have a better diet

That is a great way to put it! I agree!
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Both. A diet is what you eat whether low fat, high fat, it's your diet. I'm aiming for a healthier diet by making lifestyle changes
  • nickyskins
    nickyskins Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Lifestyle
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I call it a diet, though it's more like a lifestyle change. Still, I call it a diet.
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I'm on a journey

That is exactly how I see it!
  • PRprincess
    PRprincess Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Lifestyle..... diets suck

I agree!
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people say I'm on a diet. No, I'm not. Diets last for a short amount of time and the weight comes back.

I have changed my lifestlye, and will be eating healthy like this for the rest of my life. The weight will NOT come back. Unless I have kids someday of course lol. Even then I will try to take care of myself...

:flowerforyou:
  • poundhound52
    Options
    Both for me. Initially it will be diet, actually a better term would be "war" to undo all the damage that I've done. Getting down in the trenches and cleaning out all those fat cells that are running rampant from pizzas, twinkies, buttery rolls, turkey leftovers...oh my, it's disgusting to even think about it now! I will be bombing them with exercise, flash flooding them with water and psychological warfare with calorie control. Then, after I have reclaimed my body, we will treaty and engage in a maintained lifestyle change that is comfortable to me. Oh dang, my imagination got away...hurry, somebody grab it!
  • missbis
    missbis Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Lifestyle. I lost 60lbs in the past by "dieting" and put most of it back on. I also never exercised until now. I don't restrict foods, I just control my portion sizes and eat in moderation. I'm now addicted to fitness, which is a complete 180 for me. When I hear "diet" used as a term of short-term eating habits in order to lose weight, I gag. You WILL gain the weight back if you're on a cabbage soup diet, etc. Make it a lifestyle ALL THE WAY!
  • Superwoman79
    Superwoman79 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Lifestyle change
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Lifestyle. I've been doing this for a year. It's pretty easy. I can see myself living this way forever and enjoying it.
  • inchestopinch
    inchestopinch Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have done enough diets that I'm over it!! It's now Lifestyle for me!! :flowerforyou:
  • kiesh82
    kiesh82 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Lifestyle change. If I want to be slim I have to adopt the habits of a slim person if I intend to stay that way!