When will you stop using MFP?

Options
Just wondering.... when you reach your goal weight, do you think you will still use MFP to maintain your weight, or will you stop counting calories and just eat when you're hungry?

I only need to lose about 4-6 lbs, but when I do lose it, I will most likely continue using MFP for quite a while to maintain my weight. This way, I'll get an idea of how much I am supposed to eat to maintain my weight. I've only been using MFP for almost two weeks, and I am hooked! I think I will go crazy when i choose to stop counting calories. I just love knowing how much I'm eating!! ;)

Anyway, what will you do? :)

Replies

• Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Well for me, I'd probably keep having MFP for a while even after I lose all my weight. Need tips and ideas because losing weight is easy but maintaining is the hard part. So staying on the maintenance side of MFP would be a good move.
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I think/plan on using MFP after i lose my weight, at least until I am comfortable with the fact it is staying off, and know how much i can eat each day, and not gain back
  • princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Life, I know it holds me accountable, without it I will always be and will return to 300 +.
  • nmitch1689
    nmitch1689 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I hope to keep using MFP indefinately. I hope it will help me maintain my weight after I reach my goal.
  • cbb7855
    Options
    I have been mentally preparing myself for this idea for a the last few weeks. I'm on the home stretch... under 40 lbs to go. BUT the statistic on people who REGAIN significant weight lost are disgusting. 95% of people who lose significant weight regain it!

So I've been prepping for the idea of switching to maintenance once I reach my goal. I think this will actually be more important than losing the weight itself.

Aiming to become part of a 5% success rate is scary...
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I've gotten used to tracking the good, the bad, and the ugly of my daily food intake and (lately lack of) exercise. As long as I have easy access to a computer throughout the day, I think I'll keep tracking even after I get this weight off.
  • simplymily
    Options
    When i learn portion control and healthy eating even when i have my bad days! I don't want to track for the rest of my life that's just too much I want to be able to do this on my own eventually!
  • emaline614
    emaline614 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'll use it as long as they offer it. I really love this site... it is invaluable to me.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I'll probably set it to maintenance mode and stay for several months to get adjusted and have a feel for what/how much I can eat on a daily basis and still maintain my new weight.
  • StatutoryGrape
    Options
    I'll probably set it to maintenance when I reach my goal. And when I get pregnant, I'm definitely going to use it to keep track of calories and make sure I'm not over-eating.
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I plan to keep using MFP for maintenance once I get to my goal weight. The journey to get where I am now has been challenging, I know the rest isn't going to be easy either so why would I just quit once I get there? I might be a little more lax about it, but I REFUSE to throw away all my hard work!
  • PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I reached (then surpassed!) my goal a while ago.

I keep using MFP just because I like knowing exactly what I am eating. It gives me a sense of control and power over my food and I know I won't go back to my old habits this way.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    As long as it's here I'll log.:drinker:
  • SuCcERBuNcH
    SuCcERBuNcH Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    ummmm ... am going to tell the truth first i though i will give up the mfp :brokenheart: but after what i read i think am going to stay a while to know how much should i eat (maintenance weight ) :tongue:
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Never. I love MFP and even if it, for some reason, goes the way of myspace I'll be one of the only ones on here everyday still! This has been the best tool I've ever used for weight loss. I think about what I'm shoveling in my mouth now, it makes me accountable. If I don't stay accountable I'll wind up back where I started!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i dont see myself ever leaving mfp - even when i hit my goal i plan on counting calories still, even if its not every day. might as well do it here :)
  • a_robinson86
    a_robinson86 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'll also keep using MFP as I'm one of those people who tends to regain lost weight, I need to be able to monitor my weight long term so I'll be keeping my account indefinitely :smile:
  • mctiernan
    mctiernan Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    forever!
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    After losing about 10 lbs, I actually stopped using it to log my food/exercise on a daily basis. I only use "log" if I feel I need to "get back on track." Once you start to learn what works best for your body, you stick with it and the good habits come so naturally that you don't need to track every last morsel anymore. I will definitely continue using it, weeks at a time, every so often, when I feel I need a little bit more accountability, but I think you get to a point where you know what a healthy day looks like without even doing the math. At least that should be the goal :)
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'll probably keep using it even after I hit maintenance (which should be in June) but only until I get used to not over-eating and can eat my maintenance without needing a website to help me keep track.