• lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Here is something

6420232399_0edae56a78_z.jpg
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm not a photographer by any means and all of my photos to date are just taken with a standard digi but I do love point and shoot photography and would love to learn more some day when I have time. Thought I would share some of my faves.

Oh my goodness, I love your 'Nice' picture.

I'm the same as you. My camera (pics are somewhere in this thread) is a Sony Cybershot 8.1MP

Would love a better camera, but they're expensive and to be honest I wouldn't carry one around with me due to their size. My Cybershot gets to go everywhere because I never know when I'll get the opportunity to snap a fantastic shot. I love the portability of our little digitals.
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm not a photographer by any means and all of my photos to date are just taken with a standard digi but I do love point and shoot photography and would love to learn more some day when I have time. Thought I would share some of my faves.

I'm the same as you. My camera (pics are somewhere in this thread) is a Sony Cybershot 8.1MP

Would love a better camera, but they're expensive and to be honest I wouldn't carry one around with me due to their size. My Cybershot gets to go everywhere because I never know when I'll get the opportunity to snap a fantastic shot. I love the portability of our little digitals.

Thanks :) It was worth walking up about a bazillian steps for haha. I like the portability too! I got my first digital SLR for Christmas but haven't used it yet. Looking forward to taking it to Iceland in March but need to get some practice in first! Not so much looking forward to lugging it around!
  • runnercheryl
    Options

Thanks :) It was worth walking up about a bazillian steps for haha. I like the portability too! I got my first digital SLR for Christmas but haven't used it yet. Looking forward to taking it to Iceland in March but need to get some practice in first! Not so much looking forward to lugging it around!

Iceland, too? Bah! I'd love to visit Iceland! Not sure if I'll ever get the chance, but I think it'd be amazing. I speak basic Icelandic and I think the language and the country are both beautiful.
  • Marie294
    Marie294 Posts: 304
    Options
    Hey guys quick question!

My boyfriend and I have the Nikon D5000, 18-55 mm VR Lens and 70-300 mm VR lens. (Hope I said that right because I have NO clue! ) Didn't purchase it ourselves - was a present from a family member. I'm a make up artist and would like to take pictures of my work, what lens would be best for this?

Thanks in advance x

NICE Gift!! That's awesome!

I also shoot with a Nikon D5000, and Love it to death! I'm not a professional by any means, but getting better and better :) I'll come back and post some photos too after I read the rest of the thread :)
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    These are fantastic! :)
    Amateur photographer here. Main interest in animals.

F23.jpg
    F11.jpg
    F20.jpg
    Bonfire9.jpg
    285588_10150313793675746_505660745_9285618_8202791_n.jpg
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Love the Daffodils! Also the one with theLondon Eye, and I can never get enough of beach pics!

venice.jpg
    Murano, Venice
    trafalgarsquare.jpg
    Trafalgar Square, London
    nice.jpg
    Nice, France
    newyork.jpg
    New York
    newyork2.jpg
    New York
    Marblearch.jpg
    Marble Arch, London
    Londoneye.jpg
    London Eye
    devon.jpg
    Dartmoor, Devon, UK
    Bondi.jpg
    Bondi to Bronte, Sydney, Australia
    alice.jpg
    Desert Park, Alice Springs, Australia
    rott1.jpg
    Rottnest Island, Perth, Australia
  • Craig_hyde
    Craig_hyde Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Complete amateur photographer here. Own both a Fujifilm S1200 bridge camera, and a Nikon D3100 dSLR. Still a bit iffy about posting images on here, so here is my Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52810304@N06/

The pictures of Kenya were taken with the fujifilm,and personally, I think they're brilliant.

Especially this one:
    2qvh6oj.jpg
    *ninja edit* Typical, the one time I think I get the code wrong.......
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I shoot with the Canon line of dSLRs and have several different bodies and collection of lenses. I shoot mostly nature, but I also do portraits/weddings/pet shoots from time to time.

You can see a bunch of my work here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/labimposter/

These are a few of the prints I sell most often:

2805788240_3db32bedf5.jpg

3986277961_48a5f6e40a.jpg

3661749493_95843ef983.jpg
  • RRT_RCP
    RRT_RCP Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Not a pro photog but it's a hobby of mine.

6101941074_fece181ea5.jpg

6101941784_f2d8b4dcd9.jpg

4596671323_1faacd3ee8.jpg

4759236415_b200c62c0e.jpg

6101942226_cdd52269f4.jpg
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I shoot with the Canon line of dSLRs and have several different bodies and collection of lenses. I shoot mostly nature, but I also do portraits/weddings/pet shoots from time to time.

You can see a bunch of my work here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/labimposter/

These are a few of the prints I sell most often:

Your photos are stunning!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have the Metz 50 AF-1 flash? I've had it for a while and just started trying to figure it out. I love doing portraiture, but man I have a hard time getting the lighting right. I want to figure the whole flash thing out before summer, because I'm hoping to get to the beach to take some shots into the setting sun with my flash/umbrella lighting my model.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My friend and I have a business together, she covers the Atlanta, GA area and I cover Jacksonville, FL area. :wink:

Would love some feedback also. :) Open to anything, just pls msg me here, and do NOT write anything on our FB page. :laugh:

www.facebook.com/mmphotographyga
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have the Metz 50 AF-1 flash? I've had it for a while and just started trying to figure it out. I love doing portraiture, but man I have a hard time getting the lighting right. I want to figure the whole flash thing out before summer, because I'm hoping to get to the beach to take some shots into the setting sun with my flash/umbrella lighting my model.

I didn't have that one, but I was pretty good with flash.

www.strobist.com
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    My friend and I have a business together, she covers the Atlanta, GA area and I cover Jacksonville, FL area. :wink:

Would love some feedback also. :) Open to anything, just pls msg me here, and do NOT write anything on our FB page. :laugh:

Afraid of the truth?
    If so, you're doing it wrong.
  • smily_001
    smily_001 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I do all types of Portrait Photography but my passion is children.. Here is a few samples of my work.

6831284883_765d310bf6.jpg
    Untitled by AMNTPhotography, on Flickr

6347539543_467aea7ce4.jpg
    IMG_7284-DFB by AMNTPhotography, on Flickr

7040046513_e8ae0fcf82.jpg
    IMG_6891-BFB by AMNTPhotography, on Flickr

6893951014_7c10055d4d.jpg
    IMG_7740--B4x6FB by AMNTPhotography, on Flickr
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options

Afraid of the truth?
    If so, you're doing it wrong.

What?...........:huh:
  • runnercheryl
    Options
    These are fantastic! :)

I've only just seen this comment (and you'll probably never see this one), but thank you!
  • cjv73
    cjv73 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm a professional portrait photographer in South-western Ontario, Canada.

You can take a look at my work at www.chandravanderboomphotography.com.

I am a Canon girl, shooting with a 5D classic and a whole slew of lenses, although my current favourite is my 70-200mm 2.8L series.

First time posting pictures on here, let's see if it works:

Vanderhout53web.jpg

Sleepers5web.jpg

Sleepers2web.jpg

Leapers2web.jpg

Helder44web.jpg

General8web.jpg

52web.jpg

34web.jpg
  • smily_001
    smily_001 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm a professional portrait photographer in Sounth-western Ontario, Canada.

You can take a look at my work at www.chandravanderboomphotography.com.

I am a Canon girl, shooting with a 5D classic and a whole slew of lenses, although my current favourite is my 70-200mm 2.8L series.

First time posting pictures on here, let's see if it works:

Love your work!