When will you stop using MFP?

Options

Replies

• ashleighk90
    ashleighk90 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I lost 35lbs using MFP before. Life happened and I didn't log for 9 or 10 months. Now I am back but I only gained 5lbs max, and I think most of it was water weigh because it came off in the first week I started tracking/reducing sodium again. So once I have done a few weeks of maintenance, I think I will leave MFP and only come back if & when I start to feel myself slipping up.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    This is a lifestyle for me, it keeps me in check

The thought of not counting calories scares me.
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I will definitely continue to use MFP to maintain! I have about to ten in fat to lose, but intend on gaining some back in muscle. Regardless, I rely on MFP too much to quit any time soon :)
  • fesse02
    fesse02 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    As soon as there's a better tool available.
    When Taso leaves :)
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I will use MFP 6-months to a year after I hit my goal, simply because I've never actually experienced maintenance eating before, so it will be a learning experience. After that, I will try to do it on my own but if the number on the scale starts to go north it's back to MFP.

The thought of calorie counting for the rest of my life really depressed me, but now I think that if that's what it takes to keep the weight off, then that's how it's going to be, whether I like it or not.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I will use to forever. Makes it so much easier.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be a lifer. With my food addiction I need all the support I can get!
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Like so many others, I think I will always want/need to log my food, but unlike others, logging has never been a chore for me. I pre-plan, but I'm not stuck on what I log, it is just a helpful road map for my day. I have gained and lost so many times over the past 15 years, each time putting on a little more. I can't ever imagine getting back to where I was. Losing weight has been the easy part, I expect that maintaining will be the battle.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Until there's a better app. :laugh: I don't really use the forum much anymore.
  • lcteaches
    Options
    I think that for me, MFP is what helps me be in control, so if I stop using it, I'm probably in trouble! I've accepted that I need to monitor what I eat and my exercise for life - it's just something I will need to do. But that's just me! :)
  • smileybooliz
    smileybooliz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I plan on staying even after I get the weight off. I'm notorious for gaining weight back after I've lost it. I think I'll always need to be accountable to something to keep the weight off. This a lifetime thing for me. I'm glad I found MFP! It makes losing weight easy!
  • RainbowBrite86
    RainbowBrite86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Nevveerrr.
  • AmyJo54915
    Options
    I'll use it as long as they offer it. I really love this site... it is invaluable to me.

Ditto!
  • j3nn14er
    Options
    I really enjoy seeing what I eat so even when I reach my goal, I'll probably still use mfp until I get bored.
  • Fat_Chopper
    Fat_Chopper Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Never, I come back regularly and log a month to see what I am eating and I always discover calorie and sodium "leaks" in my diet. I can't do it in my head.
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    if my computer or i die..
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Nevah :glasses:
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy MFP actually. I still have another 20 lbs to go but I enjoy tracking calories and exercise. I really like the people I've met along the way. It's nice to have the support system whether I need it or not.

I'll keep using it once I reach my goal weight!
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I have no plans to stop using it. In fact, I have every plan to keep using it as much as possible. I'll probably have days more frequently when I don't log, but now I can't imagine stopping MFP. I think it would be too easy to fall in to old ways, and besides, I love it here :love: . Why would I want to leave? :noway:
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'll use it as long as they offer it. I really love this site... it is invaluable to me.

100% Agreed! PS, I love your name. My daughter's middle name is Emmeline :)