What do you put on pancakes?

Options
kfox15
kfox15 Posts: 97 Member
I love love love buckwheat pancakes and I used make them once a week on Sundays. Since I started MFP ~35 days ago, I haven't had them but I'd like to make them tomorrow. The pancakes themselves are pretty clean ( 140 kcal, whole grain, 1g of sugar 3g of fiber) but I'm trying to figure out what to put on top of them. As much as I would love to just smother them with real maple syrup (that my brother sends from real trees!) that's a lot of sugar. I'm thinking maybe honey or natural peanut butter but would love some suggestions!

Replies

• kfox15
    Options
    haha now I feel dumb, honey is right up there with sugar but you all know what I'm getting at!
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    Smuckers Low cal Jelly?
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I like most of the sugar free syrups, using Fred Meyer brand right now.
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Take a tablespoon of peanut butter and a tablespoon of pure maple syrup. Add just a dash of hot water, mix it all together and drizzle it over all the pancakes.
    I say eat what you love, just smarten it up a bit ;)
  • kfox15
    Options
    Take a tablespoon of peanut butter and a tablespoon of pure maple syrup. Add just a dash of hot water, mix it all together and drizzle it over all the pancakes.

wow that sounds fantastic!! I might just have to try that!
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options

wow that sounds fantastic!! I might just have to try that!
    Buckwheat pancakes are amazing. There's a local organic breakfast cafe in Seattle that home makes them with a ginormous toppings bar. Surprisingly, buckwheat pancakes taste amazing with a little of that peanut butter maple mixture and a ton of blueberries and blackberries or raspberries. It's like a hearty peanut butter and jelly breakfast.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    bananas
    peanut butter
    jam
  • cassidygrooms
    Options
    mrs. butterworth sugar free syrup! I think its delicious...
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I put a bit of butter and an egg, sunny side up (that is yoke not broken or cooked)
  • j_twirl
    j_twirl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I usually just put 1tsp of smart balance butter on, and then on sprinkle lots of powdered sugar! The sugar part might sound misleading, but its only 20 calories for 2 tablespoons! :)
  • toniRAD
    toniRAD Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    A tablespoon of Nutella.
    :)
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Use the syrup, measure a couple of tablespoons. I don't know how many calories that will be but you can cut down on something else later in the day if it's too high. I eat everything I want, not as much as I used to but I don't deprive myself.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i put candy in and skip syrup ->rolos or butter fingers all crumbled up into small chunks yummu yummy for the tummy hahahahahaa lol
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    OK, this is going to sound odd I am sure. But here goes.... Baby food. Fruit style. WHY? Because there is no added sugar to fruit baby food. Basically all that is in it is fruit. and it is ALSO very low in calories and already measured out for you. Other than that i put one orange and MAYBE one banana in the good old blender and a few seconds later PURE FRUIT YUMMINESS! This also works as a fruit smoothy in the AM do not need to add anything to it. Just your Orange and banana.
  • karagav
    karagav Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i put a bit of strawberry jam and then roll it up and eat it like a wrap!! :) now i want one haha
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    peanut butter :-) YUUUUUUMMMMMMM
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Half of a banana sliced, and light syrup. I can't stand sugar free. It's not low cal, but nowhere near as decadent calorie-wise as it tastes.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    A bit of butter or oil - your choice. Place in a small pan over a low to medium fire, thinly slice half an apple into the pan. Stir occasionally until apple slices are tender, add a little cinnamon, pour out of pan directly onto pancakes.
  • skwertzh20
    Options
    my kind of girl...............:wink::wink:
  • dirtyhalos
    dirtyhalos Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    whipped cream