What do you put on pancakes?

Options

Replies

• healthyfitandskinny
    Options
    I don't eat pancakes very often but I guess I would now put natural peanut butter, a little bit of honey, and bananas :)
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    OMG I LOVE PANCAKES! FEEL FREE TO SEND SOME MY WAY SOMETIME >:]

I usually have a little 'I Cant Believe it's Not Butter Light' on mine with some Nature's Promise Organic Maple.
    NOM!

great post.. now I may go have to cook some up!! AHHH I think there are some in the freezer.. nvm.. going now!
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    I don't eat pancakes, but I do eat waffles a lot. I put maple flavored agave nectar on them.
  • aes6
    aes6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No sugar added applesauce. Add cinnamon in you need a kick.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Fruit flavored yogurt?
  • BlueEyesXoXo
    Options
    I always put all natural peanut butter on mine. Yumm!
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I take about a cup of frozen blueberries, microwave them for a minute, and it makes a yummy topping for pancakes and waffles!
  • jfcameron23
    jfcameron23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit.
    Sometimes I will add cinnamon and fresh apples to the batter or a cap full of vanilla extract and then I don't need a topping.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    mix .5 scoop protein, 2Tbs PB, and some water. bam.
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    that sounds so yummy! I'll have to try it.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    A little bit of cashew/almond/peanut butter and a tiny amount of pure maple syrup (not the fake stuff)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    sf maple syrup
    sf choc syrup
    yoghurt/protein sludge
    microwaved berries

+ whatever else I can fit in my macros for that day :happy:
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I stick with traditional maple syrup and real butter.
  • jmvh59
    jmvh59 Posts: 97
    Options
    Unless you said maple syrup and butter, you're wrong! Same for french toast and waffles.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Take a tablespoon of peanut butter and a tablespoon of pure maple syrup. Add just a dash of hot water, mix it all together and drizzle it over all the pancakes.
    I say eat what you love, just smarten it up a bit ;)

That's an awesome idea. I love peanut butter and pure maple syrup. I don't eat pancakes often, but next time I do, I'll try this!

I've also done straight natural peanut butter (I pour the oil off the top, which helps with the fat).

I also like unsweetened frozen berries that have been microwaved, they make a sweet syrup that tastes good and has nutritional value.
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Because it so rare for me to eat pancakes, when I do-- I do it the right way-- butter and pecan syrup. But again, I only pancakes maybe once or twice a year
  • TheBakerGirl
    Options
    agave syrup! did someone already say that? :)
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm weird but when I make pancakes I add a little cocoa powder or cinnamon or mash up a banana to add flavor to them and then I just eat them without syrup. I was never a big fan of syrup so I guess that's why it doesn't bother me.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    i like them with sugar-free applesauce (like another poster, i use babyfood applesauce because it only has apples in it) :D also, the homemade maple syrup is a nice choice, if you portion it out - apparently maple syrup has special compounds in it, many of which have antioxidant properties!!

Unsweetened applesauce is usually just apples, citric acid, and water. Read labels.
  • ThinningDownChick
    ThinningDownChick Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    sugar free syrup
    metled sugar free preserves
    frozen fruit heated up in the microwave, smashed up and mixed with greek yogurt
    cinnamon & stevia crumbled up with 1 tsp. light butter to make a streusel
    berries and fat free cool whip
    peanut butter and sliced banana with sugar free chocolate syrup