June Amazing Amazon Thread

Options

Replies

• MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I never really have felt myself loosing weight , and when I lost the 69 pounds it took such a long time that I didn't notice it, either, I didn't drop that many dress sizes, my body just adjusted in odd ways you know?
    So maybe that is what is going on with you channing?:bigsmile:
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Channing, I totally know what you mean! There are days when I feel skinny & healthy but then there are days when I feel like a big ol' cow! You're right, you just have to keep pushing & working towards that feeling of success :smile:
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    Options
    :bigsmile: Riverratchick~ those jeans are like 200$ or more! They are very pretty though:bigsmile:
    ohhhhhh I wish I had some!
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Riverratchick~ those jeans are like 200$ or more! They are very pretty though:bigsmile:
    ohhhhhh I wish I had some!

yeah, but they are SOOO worth it! :love:
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    So, I've been steadily losing weight since I started this in April, and have felt it, you know? Like my clothes have felt loser and it just feels good. But now it feels like my body is adjusting and I don't FEEL the weight loss any more!:cry: Does that happen to anyone else? I think I'm just getting used to it!

I guess that's a good thing and will push me to the next level so I can feel that way again but I still miss it!

I lost most of my weight about a year ago and was pretty much in maintenance because I wasn't really trying anymore. When I was losing the weight, I felt AWESOME. I felt like I was really hot and thin. It was great. I started trying to lose again because even though I had only gained maybe 4lbs, I started feeling fat and out of shape again plus I'm at the very top of the healthy weight for my height. So I know exactly what you mean.

I've only gone down about 7lbs since I really started again about 2 months ago but feel so much better. I imagine that the feeling will come back for you too. :flowerforyou: Maybe try changing your workout routine. Your body adapts to it in 6-8wks so it doesn't give you the same impact it used to. I feel a boost of awesomeness (not sure if that is really a word) when I change my routine.
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you ladies know what I'm talking about! It's frustrating!

jbuerer, it sounds like we have had similar weight loss stories. I lost about 35 lbs 3 years ago and have pretty much kept it off (going up and down here and there) but I never could quite get those last 20 lbs off! So I started again this April and found this site, which I LOVE!

I'm so ready for the awesomeness!!!
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    I'm so glad you ladies know what I'm talking about! It's frustrating!

jbuerer, it sounds like we have had similar weight loss stories. I lost about 35 lbs 3 years ago and have pretty much kept it off (going up and down here and there) but I never could quite get those last 20 lbs off! So I started again this April and found this site, which I LOVE!

I'm so ready for the awesomeness!!!

You have the awesomeness and soon, you will feel it! :laugh:
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options

Blueyed_blond - I'm trying to eat more veggies too! If only I could visualize them as chips, I'd eat 'em all day!

technically chips are made from potatoes...... :tongue:

The only way I really really really like veggies is if they're covered in cheese or dipped in creamy veg dip....disguising the vegetable taste. :blushing:

Have to find a way to cover the veg taste while getting the nutrient benefits..plus be low-cal...mission impossible? :ohwell:

31345.png

Summer 2009 WILL Be Different!

[/url]
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options

Blueyed_blond - I'm trying to eat more veggies too! If only I could visualize them as chips, I'd eat 'em all day!

technically chips are made from potatoes...... :tongue:

The only way I really really really like veggies is if they're covered in cheese or dipped in creamy veg dip....disguising the vegetable taste. :blushing:

Have to find a way to cover the veg taste while getting the nutrient benefits..plus be low-cal...mission impossible? :ohwell:

31345.png

[/url]

I like Kraft Light Italian Dressing. It has a pretty strong flavor but only 25cal in 2 tbls, kind high in sodium though.
  • blueyed_blond
    Options
    Feeling super bloated today for some reason (not my TOM yet...).....I think its the over indulgence on the weekend finally catching up to me. :cry:

Hope everyone is feeling better than me today!

31345.png[/url]
    Summer 2009 WILL be Different!
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    I am so excited I'm down two pounds from two weeks ago even though it's my TOM! YAY!
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Way to go jbuerer!!! I've officially given up on the scale! I'm UP 5 pounds today, so weird...I've been burning 1,000 calories, eating them most days, mixing it up other days...I'm just going to keep eating healthy & exercising. I feel great, i'm healthy, so whatever I guess!

Best of luck today everyone!
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :laugh: :bigsmile:
    So I woke up feeling SKINNY:bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: that is too funny, but I did!
    so I said "It's a nice day i will put on THE skirt (notice the word THE skirt) today" so i put it on and the kids were up my butt about wanting to ride their bikes to school (they both just started riding without training wheels):bigsmile: so i said ok. Well THE skirt is so bridget jones "The skirt in question"
    (shorter then I think needs be, but everone elses says its a normal legnth):laugh: so I am speed walking and thinking to myself pooh on the people that don't want to see my jiggly legs, atleast Im walking! they can just look away if they have issues......
    well so I am walking and this little philipino lady that had a kid at the school rides by and says all loud
    "Oh......your looking so sexy today"
    um...ok thanks!:laugh:
    That was a great begining of a wednesday!
    rock on jiggly legs!:laugh:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    Way to go jbuerer!!! I've officially given up on the scale! I'm UP 5 pounds today, so weird...I've been burning 1,000 calories, eating them most days, mixing it up other days...I'm just going to keep eating healthy & exercising. I feel great, i'm healthy, so whatever I guess!

Best of luck today everyone!

I feel you. I was actually up 3lbs last week. This week I lost it all plus 1lb (Hence the two lb in two weeks). That's why I don't worry when I go up. It's temporary. Besides it looks like you are so close to your goal measurements and body fat are probably a better indicator than weight. Good job!!!:flowerforyou:
  • blueyed_blond
    Options
    I am so excited I'm down two pounds from two weeks ago even though it's my TOM! YAY!

Yay! Congrats!

P.S. I've changed my goal to 150 instead of 140...mini-steps....140 seemed to far away...was bringing me down :grumble: will reevaluate WHEN I hit 150...

31345.png

[/url]
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :laugh: :bigsmile:
    So I woke up feeling SKINNY:bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: that is too funny, but I did!
    so I said "It's a nice day i will put on THE skirt (notice the word THE skirt) today" so i put it on and the kids were up my butt about wanting to ride their bikes to school (they both just started riding without training wheels):bigsmile: so i said ok. Well THE skirt is so bridget jones "The skirt in question"
    (shorter then I think needs be, but everone elses says its a normal legnth):laugh: so I am speed walking and thinking to myself pooh on the people that don't want to see my jiggly legs, atleast Im walking! they can just look away if they have issues......
    well so I am walking and this little philipino lady that had a kid at the school rides by and says all loud
    "Oh......your looking so sexy today"
    um...ok thanks!:laugh:
    That was a great begining of a wednesday!
    rock on jiggly legs!:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Gotta love it! :drinker:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    Also, what kind of jeans? I'm always looking for that perfect pair! We tall ones are hard to fit!

I wear Rock & Republic. They are crazy long, even when I wear heels! Love them!

i have had great luck with gap.com and their tall sizes. believe it or not, i got a couple really cute pairs for under $20 from target.com. there is a website (hate the name lol) called 'long elegant legs' and another called 'tall girl shop'. they TGS has a ton of cute stuff (there is actually a store here in dallas) but they are kind of pricey. tall girl jeans run bigger, so i was able to buy a 12 instead of a 14! :drinker: on clearance they were still $70...:grumble:
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Stopping by to say hello to all you lovely ladies!

The BF and I went with some friends to a concert last night about 3 hours away, so we all got a hotel room and partied beforehand. Let's just say, it wasn't the best day for me in the nutrition department. :blushing: I never got around to eating dinner so I wasn't too far over my calories, but I definitely drank enough calories, and that's never the best thing you can do for your body! :ohwell: Sure was fun though!!!!:drinker:

I'll behave for the rest of the week for sure!
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    Stopping by to say hello to all you lovely ladies!

The BF and I went with some friends to a concert last night about 3 hours away, so we all got a hotel room and partied beforehand. Let's just say, it wasn't the best day for me in the nutrition department. :blushing: I never got around to eating dinner so I wasn't too far over my calories, but I definitely drank enough calories, and that's never the best thing you can do for your body! :ohwell: Sure was fun though!!!!:drinker:

I'll behave for the rest of the week for sure!

I've done that!! :laugh:
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    Options
    I mad a healthy type chili tonight! it was so good:bigsmile: