Options
    Monday-run for 4-5 miles on treadmill, leg weights
    Tuesday-Cardiokick class, arm weights, run for 1 mile on treadmill
    Wed.-Turbokick class, leg weights, 1 mile on treadmill
    Thursday-Bootcamp class, run for 1 mile, arm weights
    Friday-Turbokick, run for 1 mile
    Sat-spin class, leg weights
    Sun-off

I think I need to work an off day in there or just focus on weights one day and cardio the other. Thoughts? I'm trying to run 365 miles in 365 days so I need to work in some quick runs with my classes.
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Monday- Boxercise
    Tuesday - 4 mile walk
    Wednesday - rest day
    Thursday - zumba
    Friday - 6 mile walk
    Saturday - 4 mile walk
    Sunday - 4 mile walk

Normally I work out 5 days a week but I managed 6 this week.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I manage to get up to 5. I follow an ABA routine for weight lifting (i.e. I alternate a Workout A and Workout B on lifting days). I generally lift weights Monday/Wednesday/Friday followed by 20 minutes of intervals on the elliptical, and I try to find some sort of cardio to do outdoors on 2 of my non-lifting days.
  • GraceOrr
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week and it goes something like this..

Sunday= Rest
    Monday= Run 7/8 miles, yoga at night
    Tuesday= 4 mile morning walk, gym in the evening 30 min cardio/ 30 to 45 min of weight lifting/ 30 min cardio, yoga at night.
    Wednesday= Run 7/8 miles, yoga at night
    Thursday= same as tuesday, i might ride my bike to the gym for cardio, i like to switch it up.
    Friday=Run 7/8 or maybe even a longer run, yoga at night.
    Saturday= 4 mile morning walk, gym in the evening with 30 min cardio, 45 min of weights, and i sometimes skip the last 30 min of cardio.
    Towards the end of the wek I can tell my body needs the rest....and I enjoy every second of it.
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    Options
    Day 1:
    Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
    Bench, DB Flies, Seated DB Press, Lat Raises, Skull Crushers, Overhead extension
    30 min on treadmill
    Day 2:
    30-45 min on treadmill
    Day 3:
    Back/Biceps
    Deadlift, Bent Over BB Rows, One Arm Long Bar Rows, EZ Bar Curl, Concentrated Curl, Hammer Curl
    30 min on treadmill
    Day 4:
    30-45 min on treadmill
    Day 5:
    Legs/Abs:
    Squats, Straight Leg Dedlifts, Leg Extensions, Lying Leg Curls, Standing DB Calf Raise, Seated Calf Raise, Decline Crunches, Reverse Crunches, Seated Leg Pull Ins
    Day 6 rest or cardio
    Day 7 rest
  • debbiep1102
    Options
    hi! i try to get to the gym at least 5 days and my goal is 6. i usually start with at least 40 minutes on the treadmill. my starting speed is 3.1 with the incline on 4. i gradually raise the incline and increase the speed as i go. usually max out at 7 incline and 3.5mph right now. this has increased since i started at the gym a few months ago. on most days i do strength training. i rotate between legs one day, chest and back another day and then arms and shoulders the next. after weight training i either do treadmill for 20 more minutes or elliptical for as long as i can stand it! (i HATE the elliptical!). i try to do 1 day of just cardio. i try to do that day between my arm workout and chest workout because they use a lot of the same muscle groups and they need a rest between workouts. and that's pretty much my routine.
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hey there - doing it 6 days - 7 days a week (depending on my week) -

30 day shred with jillian michaels, treadmill and wii (wii fit plus,biggest loser,just dance 3,zumba)

i have lots to lose and I'm doing it right this time.. diet and exercise !
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    In general I do 90 minutes of cardio with 30 minutes of resistance 6 days a week.
    I rest resistance Tuesday and cardio every 10 days or so.
    My resistance is lower weights but high reps, then heavy every 3rd workout.
    And I split my body into 3 muscle groups:
    1. Legs
    2. Chest- triceps - shoulders
    3. Arms - back
    I do a lot of weird things for cardio like military march, boxing type training,
    dancing, floor rolls, squat thrust intervals and the good ole jumping jack.
    And I jog, swim, play tennis, fast walk and bike.

Lost 70lbs and nearly 20% body fat - it works for me.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I workout 7 days/week! :)

M-F= 65 minutes treadmill, 5 miles minimum
    --> Various inclines/speeds

Sat/Sun= 60 minutes elliptical, bike, stair climber, swimming laps, yoga
    --> Various inclines/speeds and it gives me a break from running

I don't take rest days, but on weekends tone it down a bit.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Monday-1 hour water aerobics/ 1 hour water fit
    Tuesday 45 minutes Zumba-Toning/ 35 minutes circuit training on weight machines
    Wednesday 45 minutes Zumba
    Thursday 45 minutes Zumba-Toning/ 35 minutes circuit training on weight machines
    Friday 45 minutes Zumba/ 1 hour Water Fit
    Saturday-35 minutes circuit training on weight machines/ 30 minutes either on treadmill or recumbent bike.

If for whatever reason I'm not able to make it to the gym one day, I try to get in a good walk or dvd at home. I rest on Sundays.
  • jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Monday: 60 mins on Elliptical, intervals: 5 mins on level 10 then 5 on 20
    - pushups (working on the hundred pushups program)
    Tuesday: weights- 30 mins
    Wednesday: same as monday
    Thursday: same as tuesday
    Friday: long walk
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    i try to! monday i do elliptical and strength. either arms or legs but not both. tuesday I go to zumba and then do strength stuff. wednesday is the same as monday. thursday is like tuesday and friday is like tuesday
  • Crosby10
    Options
    I actually work out 6 days a week. I do not work out at the gym I work out at home. I have completed 3 rounds of Insanity and now I am in my 3rd week of an Insanity/P90X hybrid. i do what i do because I don't want to be the 235 pound unhealthy person I was back in March of 2011.
  • dckotzur
    dckotzur Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually do 6 days...4 days of cardio (running, walking and cycling) and 2 days of strength training with cardio intervals. I have dropped more than 100 pounds in the last 2.5 years through diet and excercise. I cannot imagine not working out 6 days per week. It is part of who I am. I will be training for my first triathlon this year and am looking forward to adding swimming to the mix.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week =].
    I try for an hour of cardio 4 times a week, than 30 min of cardio the other 2 with more weight lifting.

In all honesty I only go that much because I get really grumpy when I don't get to exercise. Also I love to eat! lol
  • saahild
    saahild Posts: 12
    Options
    Up until break due to Winter holidays I was on 5 days a week at the gym.

Now after examinations I am finally able to get back into it, but now it's 6 days a week.

Monday to Friday in the Gym broken up as follows

Monday: Back/Biceps
    Tuesday: Chest/Triceps
    Wednesday: Legs
    Thursday Shoulders/Abs
    Friday: Power lifting.

Every day is basically 15-20 minute cardio/warm up followed by 45-60 minutes of weights depending on how busy the gym is.

Saturday is Tai Chi day!!! Hour long lesson + training after and during the week as time allows.

In an almost constant state of DOMS, but it's worth it!

I can give you an exact breakdown of what I do on each day if you'd like but it's fairly lengthy to type up unless required :).
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Sat-Mon-Wed 1 hour cardio and strength training. Always different, but push-up burpees, planks, squats and lunges seem to be apart of it. A lot of fast moving weights IE: curles on plank, rows on a ball etc. Weighted squats.

Tues-Thurs. I run for 20-30 minutes 2miles) and do some heavy upper body weights.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I work out 7 days a week! Each day I do 20 min total consisting of cardio, strength, and abs.
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    6 days a week

30 day shred everyday this month, I'm on a challenge....Also, mix it up with Zumba, BL Cardio Max, or walking along with the 30 day shred.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Mine varies but these days:

M: salsa fitness class plus heavyish lifting (New Rules)
    T: salsa fitness
    W: salsa fitness class plus heavyish lifting (New Rules)
    Th: run outside (4 miles steady state or tabatas or 3 miles intervals)
    Fri: rest (sometimes yoga)
    Sat: salsa fitness class plus heavyish lifting (New Rules)
    Sun: run the most miles I can