does anyone have a cheat day?

Options
123457»

Replies

• karagav
    karagav Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    by cheat day do people mean going way over calorie amount or just something unhealthy in general?? i had a huge bowl of pretzels tonight and feel a bit guilty, but i still have over 100 calories remaining....
  • bigbeardiver
    bigbeardiver Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Cheat was a must for me the first time I lost weight. I found playing with metabolism helped the weight loss.

dude! WTH? in another thread you are saying you are gaining weight and cant lose no matter what you do and all that and here you are touting cheat days?
    OUCH!
    No need to snivel about people's struggles, especially considering the smokes displayed in your profile pic.
    If you smoke, eat anything you want, because so far as health goes, it just doesn't matter what you do after that..

you missed the point

I didnt take it personal. A long time ago in a galaxy far far away .... I gave up reacting and letting what others say or think have an impact on me. Nothing can deter my motivation nor take my inspiration. However I know nothing and have everything to learn from each person here.
  • kat2475
    kat2475 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I don't go crazy but I do tend to loosen up the reigns one day a week. This way I never feel deprived and want to give up.
  • bajcole
    bajcole Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes, of course! In the total scheme of weight loss, you are trying to change your habits and form a new lifestyle. One that is healthier and achievable. But lets be honest here and admit, we all love food! It is one of the pleasures of life! No one person can be perfect 100% of the time. Years ago while on Weight Watchers one of the leaders taught us two of the most important things I have ever heard. #1.-One day off. Eat what you want in moderation. If you constantly deny yourself you will eventually binge. #2 (this one pertains to the hoidays). The holidays are 3 days, Thanksgiving day, Christmas day and New Years day - not a 3 month license to pig out! These two things have helped me the most over the years. I also believe that with current research you will find it helps your metabolism to throw in one day with more carbs, etc. to kick or confuse your metabolism. Take care.:smile:
  • rcav123
    rcav123 Posts: 20
    Options
    My brother and his wife use this site. My brother has lost 10 pds in 2 weeks and every Friday is his cheat day to have what ever he wants,
  • kittyneutron
    kittyneutron Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    [/quote]Sure, I love my cheat day, or as I prefer to say: "RE-FEED THERAPY"
    I have a weekly day where I eat about twice my daily goal, and a monthly food orgy where I eat like a man going to the electric chair for 24 hours.
    [/quote]

LOL!!! :laugh:
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Really enjoying mine today!! :)
  • redvelvetl0ve
    Options
    Usually I don't cheat, but my birthday is coming up next week... my sister brought me a huuge red velvet cake that she made and I've been snacking on it. Guilty! Though, whenever I eat it I always attempt to burn off the calories that night.
  • Goodwin1948
    Options
    Do not think of it as a cheat because sometimes that makes you feel as if you have done something bad. A date nnight with your hubby is never bad. Just count the calories and remember tomorrow is another day.
  • GoCanada
    GoCanada Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't really plan a "cheat day." I tend to want to eat healthy foods most days, but some days I have a craving so I just follow that and make sure not to overdo it :)
  • Pattinan
    Pattinan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I guess today is my cheat day. I am sitting in the airport for a 3 hr lay over in CHicago..Red Carpet Club wine, cheese, nuts. I went only slightly over my calories though. While trying to reduce I do not drink wine much..this was a planned indulgence.
  • Buggie129
    Buggie129 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hmmm..I cheat my cheat day by exercising extra :tongue:
  • simplyblessed5
    simplyblessed5 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hmmm..I cheat my cheat day by exercising extra :tongue:

I do that too! LOL If I eat more calories than usual, I KILL myself on the cardio to work it off.
  • DevanEve
    DevanEve Posts: 130
    Options
    I have a cheat day every Friday. =D That day I don't worry about what I eat really as long as it's not 5 cups of ice cream, etc. I also workout on that day but I will let myself indulge.
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I've been having cheat days, but I really love the idea of a cheat meal! Definitely switching to that!
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    I'm not quite there yet. This is like my "second phase" of my diet, so I'm starting to let myself enjoy food again, but still no treats and definitely no eating out or ordering in. All fresh made by me. I think in another month or two I'll allow myself to graduate to having an occasional cheat day.
  • Deselect
    Options
    I have a cheat day once a week usually Sunday and I try to do extra hard weight lifting the night before so that the additional calories are just feeding the new muscle growth. Today is Super Bowl Sunday so I changed it up this week (as I will be cheating way more than normal) and will lift after the game to put all the excess nutrients right to use and tomorrow will be an extreme cardio day to make up for some of the calories.

My normal day is 1900 calories or less net.
    Cheat day is usually 2200 - 2400 calories net.
    Today I am forecasting 3000 calories.

Normal cardio day is a burn of 300 calories.
    Tomorrow I am aiming for 650-850 calories of cardio.
  • KumariM
    Options
    When I have a cheat meal (usually the sunday lunch) I try to balance it with my other meals in order to stay within my daily calories intake, give or take a couple 100 calories.

However, every month I plan a get together dinner with some friends and i just pig out. :/

Last one involved unhealthy amounts of shellfish, shelfish rice, butter, bread, fried food, wine, vodka and cake... I usually regret it the next day as I'm not used to eat that much food, but the next month I do it all over again XD
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I was struggling for a couple of weeks with no weight loss. I exercise at least 5x /wk burning more than 500 calories.

I noticed that about a month ago I lost quite a bit of weight that week and I cheated one day....so this week after 2wks of no weight loss I was pissed, went to McDonalds for lunch and had a big mac meal haha,

Woke up the next morning...1.5lbs gone ! I was in shock and I am thinking I might be on to something here.... will know for sure on Wed when I weigh in again... but today I am power eating... ran 6 miles and it's the superbowl !

If I have still lost weight this week, I will be making sure I have a cheat meal at least once a week, and they will be yummy !! hehe
  • Vanilladays
    Vanilladays Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I was struggling for a couple of weeks with no weight loss. I exercise at least 5x /wk burning more than 500 calories.

I noticed that about a month ago I lost quite a bit of weight that week and I cheated one day....so this week after 2wks of no weight loss I was pissed, went to McDonalds for lunch and had a big mac meal haha,

Woke up the next morning...1.5lbs gone ! I was in shock and I am thinking I might be on to something here.... will know for sure on Wed when I weigh in again... but today I am power eating... ran 6 miles and it's the superbowl !

If I have still lost weight this week, I will be making sure I have a cheat meal at least once a week, and they will be yummy !! hehe

I plateau all the time now and am just starting to really trust the 'spike' day theory. I only have to eat 'more' one day, then follow this with 'less' the next and away I go again. I'm on around 1600 calories/day and on a spike day eat heaps.....then down to 1200 the next day or two. An interesting thing I have found is when I have plateaued for a while I start to feel hungry. So my spike day tends to be 'eat until I don't feel hungry'. The hunger goes away and I find at 1200 calories I am totally satisfied. It works! I do eat fairly healthily still, not a total day of junk food and I do exercise right but not more than usual.
    And how much fun it is to have a 'treat' day!