LOW CARB - Cauliflower Pizza Crust

Options

Replies

• angelisthatu_27
    Options
    Hi!!!!!
    This recipe sounds interesting and I think I might try it but one quick question, how many calories is the low carb cauliflower pizza crust?

• sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    hey , i just made that with the same receipe but double it:

http://yourlighterside.com/recipe-the-original-cauliflower-pizza-dough-2/
  • rosefish225
    Options
    I definitely have to try this!
  • MoMoves
    MoMoves Posts: 36
    Options
    What is riced cauliflower?

Basically its blended raw cauliflower (so it looks like little bits of rice)

I've made this cauliflower pizza 3 times now already and its great! My boyfriend enjoys it as he loves pizza but we are botht trying to lose weight.
    And for anyone out there that doesn't want to give it a go caus ethey don't like cauliflower it reallly DOESNT taste like cauliflower at all! He HATES cauliflower but he loves this! :)

Thanks for asking and for answering! :-) But one more question....do I just chop my cauliflower and then run it through my food processor to create this riced effect?!?
  • Cycl0tr0n
    Options
    So going to try this some time soon (Friday next?). Sounds AWESOME.
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • peaceinside
    Options
    bump
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    BUMP: Saving this for eternity
  • dollienj
    Options
    I've seen a lot of positive reviews on this, and I really want to try it. Only thing is, my food processor has no blade at the moment. Can I use a cheese grater to get the same consistency? Sorry if it's been answered before, but I'm tired and feeling lazy so I'm not scrolling right now. ;)
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I just use shredder to rice cauliflower
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I must try this. Thank you for sharing.
  • Missklara
    Missklara Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    yesterday i made it!!! and it was great! :D

this is just crust from cauliflower :)

foooooood013.jpg

then came toppings (cheese, turkey breast, pepper, tomato sauce)

foooooood014.jpg

and... it's done! :D

foooooood015.jpg
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I tried making this Friday evening for dinner, but when I put the riced cauliflower in the microwave (per the directions), it burnt to a crisp. Luckily I had a frozen pizza in the freezer for my sons (since I had already told them we were eating pizza for dinner) and I just had a salad. I'd be willing to try it again, but any recommendations on what to do after I put the cauliflower through the food processor (it's fresh, not frozen cauliflower)?

Amy...you have to make sure your bowl is covered, that you use no water, and cook it for 4-5 mins. Is your microwave high powered, because that may be the problem? It really is good...its worth the redo! ;)

Thank you for answering!!! I didn't have it covered and I think our microwave might cook faster, so I will try again this week at around 4 minutes and see if I get a more successful result :)
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    I've seen a lot of positive reviews on this, and I really want to try it. Only thing is, my food processor has no blade at the moment. Can I use a cheese grater to get the same consistency? Sorry if it's been answered before, but I'm tired and feeling lazy so I'm not scrolling right now. ;)

Yes, it says you can use a grater for the same consistency. Hope that helps :)
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    yesterday i made it!!! and it was great! :D

this is just crust from cauliflower :)

foooooood013.jpg

then came toppings (cheese, turkey breast, pepper, tomato sauce)

foooooood014.jpg

and... it's done! :D

foooooood015.jpg

Looks delicious! How was the crust? Did you need to use a fork or was it able to be held? Just curious as to how to prepare my 8 year old :)
  • Missklara
    Missklara Posts: 283 Member
    Options

Looks delicious! How was the crust? Did you need to use a fork or was it able to be held? Just curious as to how to prepare my 8 year old :)

unfortunately i had to use a fork because i used 3 cups of cauliflower, 1 egg and 1 mozzarella instead of 1 cup of cauliflower, 1 egg, 1 mozzarella. i didn't stick to a recipe :/
    but it turned out very yummy!
  • Lainnee
    Lainnee Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Going to give this a shot.
  • ajoy1332
    ajoy1332 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    yum!
  • Sunpoet
    Sunpoet Posts: 67
    Options
    This is a favorite at our house, even my picky husband loves it. I was skeptical at first because I hate cauliflower but this crust doesn't taste like normal cauliflower at all. I use a pizza pan with the tiny holes in it and the crust comes out nice and crispy.
  • teresadutton
    teresadutton Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I just ran the crust though a recipe calculator ad here is what I came up with...of course it doesnt include your toppings.

Nutrition Facts

User Entered Recipe

1 Serving

Amount Per Serving

Calories 219.7

Total Fat 5.6 g

Saturated Fat 1.6 g

Polyunsaturated Fat 1.3 g

Monounsaturated Fat 2.0 g

Cholesterol 200.2 mg

Sodium 997.7 mg

Potassium 246.1 mg

Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g

Dietary Fiber 3.3 g

Sugars 1.7 g

Protein 14.5 g

Vitamin A 6.3 %

Vitamin B-12 8.0 %

Vitamin B-6 14.7 %

Vitamin C 91.6 %

Vitamin D 10.0 %

Vitamin E 0.2 %

Calcium 4.0 %

Copper 1.7 %

Folate 19.6 %

Iron 6.3 %

Magnesium 2.8 %

Manganese 8.6 %

Niacin 2.5 %

Pantothenic Acid 6.3 %

Phosphorus 14.0 %

Riboflavin 13.8 %

Selenium 0.9 %

Thiamin 3.5 %

Zinc 5.5 %

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.