Skinny Boyfriend vs. Chunky Girlfriends

Options
124»

Replies

• xTenaciousJx
    Options
    it's funny cause i was heavier when we started dating over 9 yrs ago and i've never been as big as i was, BUT my hubby has gained 40lbs...I don't love him any less and he loves me no matter what size. i'm doing this for me, to feel comfortable in my own skin.
    i want to feel good in a bathing suit again, to have clothes fit me that are nice.

i've been on here for 3 weeks and ive lost 7lbs!! you have to put your mind to it and just decide, i'm all black and white, do or don't. anything is possible!

keep up the great work and you'll succeed, and if anyone wants to add me they can ;)

*edit* forgot to mention when we started dating hubby is 6' and weighed 175 w/ six pack and i was a size 14 (IDK weight)..he was 20 and i was 21...he has grown into his "MAN" look hahah got more muscle and its not all fat that hes 240lbs but currently i'm a size 10-12.
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    yesss!! i am the exact same! my boyfriends at 145 and im at 166! 20 more lbs to go!! cannot wait! added you x
  • Doha123
    Options
    It is hard having a partner that can eat anything and stay slim, the only good thing is that eventually it does catch up with them and they are not used to having to deny themselves like we are.
    Maybe explaining to boyfriends that while it is nice that they love the way you look and would be happy whatever size you are there are other aspects to weight management. It is very unhealthy for women to carry fat in the abdominal region and if it's bulging on the outside then imagine all that lard sitting around our internal organs. Also most of the time we don't really dress or bemoan our fat purely for the sake of our partner, we compare ourselves to other women (who actually notice what size we are and how well our clothes are fitting) and so it's damaging to our mental health as well. If these partners are going to be long term then how will they feel about a wife who's so obese that she has difficulty conceiving, gets diabetes during pregnancy and ends up with it again later in life, can't enjoy life because they are so overweight, snores in bed, has early heart disease (OK I'll stop medical ranting now).
    I guess what I'm trying to say is that we shouldn't be trying to match these skinny bean poles in portions or number of meals and if they loved us then they would be supportive of our efforts to get healthier. Any man who makes repeated comments that try to derail your weight loss efforts is probably not the type of guy you want to spend the rest of your life with anyway as he may not appreciate the sacrifice you are making. Not that I think we should go out and dump them just because they can eat what they want and not get fat - lucky *kitten*.
  • Yolanda1604
    Options
    I am in the same boat. My husband weighs less than I do and he is 6 inches taller! I was born and raised in Michigan, but now I am in KY and I don't have many friends here. The friends that I do have are all under 140 lbs. I know exactly how it feels to be going through this thing alone. I would be glad to be your friend :)