Ladies, how many pairs of shoes do you own?

Options

Replies

• bjwbmw
    bjwbmw Posts: 55
    Options
    take a quick trip to Amsterdam - they have great shoes in larger sizes!
  • Soon2BeMrsThomson
    Options
    About 50 pairs currently and I love them all - my other half won't let me buy anymore until we have figured out more storage space as we renovate the house - little does he know my plans to make the study a walk in wardrobe......hehe :-) another 50 pairs!!
  • tunktunk5583
    tunktunk5583 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    26 pairs of high heels, 14 pairs of flats/ballerina shoes, 3 pairs of sneakers, 4 pairs of boots, 5 pairs of flip flops, 2 pairs of strappy sandals.

...and yet I wear the same pair of shoes every day.

ahhhh i totally know what you mean-i do the same thing!
    last summer i tried to wear every single pair of shoes once...but gave up after 3 weeks.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I have absolutely no idea. I've never counted, but if I had to guess I'd say somewhere around 60-80 pairs. And that's probably a modest estimate. The bad thing is that, like some others who have already posted, I probably only wear 5-6 pairs of those regularly. Once I hit my goal weight I plan to donate a lot of my shoes, too. I figure since I'll be purging my old wardrobe I probably won't need the same shoes. (Yes, some shoes go specifically with certain outfits.) Someone at the local St. Vincent's is going to hit the jackpot in a few more months!
  • Shaneekwa
    Shaneekwa Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Geez...between Winter and Summer...probably close to 100 easily (from Cole Hahn to Chanel).... I love shoes! You can have a cheap outfit and pair it with a stylist shoe and look like a million bucks!

This is so true!!!! I will spend money on shoes and bargain for an outfit! It's all about the shoes
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    These are what I'm wearing today. People always think I'm crazy for having over 200 pairs, but I really do wear them all! I usually bring 2-3 pairs a day to work with me, because I like to wear so many. I've done really well lately though, and haven't bought a single pair in 9 days!

shoeshoeshoe.jpg

CUTE!!!! :)
  • tashmash2011
    Options
    I've never actually counted them but i'd say atleast 50-60 pairs it would be alot more but when i moved in with my other half i had to sacrafice alot of shoes so he had room for his things, the bottom of my wardrobe is lined with shoes, i have a laundry basket full to the brim in my bedroom, behind my front door i keep my everyday shoes and in the attic i have ones that i don't have the heart to throw out, oh and flipflops etc in a suitcase under my bed for the summer.
    I have a thing for black heels aswell i currently own 6 pairs, high wedges, little wedges, patent heels, black heels with a little bow, black peep toe with gold heel and just plain black!
    I need a new pair of trainers and work shoes, and i'd quite like some converse aswell so that's 3 pairs soon to be added to my collection :)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Girls are crazy! I can't imagine owning 20-30 pairs of shoes I have never worn. I usually only purchase shoes that will be worn.

Well in my defense... (not that I need an excuse... hehe) I do some work as a shoe and stocking model, so sometimes I'll buy something if I think it will look great being photographed.. and then I'll only wear it for photo shoots. :)
  • KeegansMomma
    Options
    I own...under 10 pairs of shoes.

My favorite pair are my ballerina-style flats from Cros. They're super cute...and comfy. ^_^
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Average answer...

shoes.jpg

That is so so so so so funny. The funniest part is that it is so true for so many woman.

I have
    3 pairs of tennis shoes, 1 for running, 1 for the gym and 1 for biking
    3 pairs of boots, 1 is for work and 2 are Doc Martins that I bought 13 years ago and got both pairs for $45.00. They were regularly priced at $130.00 each.
    2 pair of black dress shoes, 1 for winter and 1 for summer
    2 pair of brown dress shoes, 1 for winter and 1 for summer
    1 pair of brown sketcher casual shoes that I wear with jeans
    1 pair of dressy flip flops
    2 pair regular flip flops
    So I guess that is 14 pairs of shoes.
    If I had to I could cut it down. I normally only wear the work boots, the running shoes and the biking shoes on any given week.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Right now about 10. but I just took a huge box full filled with shoes I never wore to Goodwill.. there were at least 50 pairs.. so the question is not how many shoes do you own but rather how many of them do you actually need. do you wear them ? how many are just taking up space and collecting dust??
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options

Girls are crazy! I can't imagine owning 20-30 pairs of shoes I have never worn. I usually only purchase shoes that will be worn.

Well in my defense... (not that I need an excuse... hehe) I do some work as a shoe and stocking model, so sometimes I'll buy something if I think it will look great being photographed.. and then I'll only wear it for photo shoots. :)

No need to defend yourself! I find most girls are like that. A good friend of mine has over $25,000 worth of shoes and bags. To me that is INSANE!! I am far too realistic to spend that much. Plus I don't really like heels, I have wide feet, so usually they cause my feet/back to ache + blister + bleed. For a friends wedding I was forced to wear a specific shoe, and by the end of the day I had large gashes on my feet from the straps.
  • tunktunk5583
    tunktunk5583 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm not a lady, but I do know exactly how many pairs of shoes I own. The answer is 14 pairs of shoes.
    -wtk

I invite more men to respond!
  • TNTwedell
    TNTwedell Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    soooo many shoes! soooooo many shoes! I have never counted, its too overwhelming to add them all up. but i love every-single-one-of-them!
    in the flipflop department - i have at least 20 pairs.
    just out of curiosity, many of the women on here say they only have 2 or 3 pair... and none seem to be "dress up" shoes. .... ? wouldnt you need at least one pair of something fancy?
  • UnderConstructionJ
    UnderConstructionJ Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness...I'm ashamed to post this...but I couple years ago my aunt was staying over my house for the holidays and I was swapping out my summer with winter shoes...she decided to count the shoe boxes because she couldn't believe how many I had...and was convinced I had a shopping problem. Then she counted 97 boxes, stopped counting and said...you need to STOP shopping...point proven (she still had more boxes to go).
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I haven't counted....but it has to be more than 60.

My favorite brands right now are Jeffrey Campbell and Seychelles.

Most or them are heels, and of course the utilitarian stuff like running shoes and rain boots.
  • Perswaysion
    Perswaysion Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have a firm deal. I won't have more then 15 pairs at a time in my closet. I can buy what I want and spend what I want but the total on the shelves can't change. It was hard at first but now it's easy. If I see a pair of shoes I want ,I have to figure out quick if I like them more then anything I currently have already.
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    About 8, I think.
  • Kaymoney24
    Options
    I own well over 60 as well. I cant help myself! I love all kinds of shoes. I dont have a favorite brand either. I like style. My favorites are a plaid pair of Polo sneakers, my Steve Madden black heels that have chains running across the front of them, and my grey high heeled boots that has two buckles on the side. Love em!
  • Carlamere84
    Options
    Maybe 5, if that. My money is better spent elsewhere. :)