Ladies, how many pairs of shoes do you own?

Options

Replies

• kasandra527
    kasandra527 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have at least 60 pairs. Lots of boots. Lots of flipflops. Many pairs of running/work out shoes. All different heels for different occasions. I just recently became obsessed with shoe shopping.. and have gotten almost have my shoes in the last year alone. Most recent pair are steve madden's! 6 inch stilettos.. onsale for 18 bucks :)
  • Mamao7
    Mamao7 Posts: 79
    Options
    I own 3 pairs 1 pair of tennis shoes and 2 pairs of flats one brown one black.. Only I cant find the match for the brown one.. so I guess that's 2,,,
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I probably have about 10-15, but i only wear about 2 or 3 regularly. My mother is another story lol

My boyfriend admitted to me that women with an infinite amount of shoes is a major turnoff to him, and he likes that I have a few pairs that match everything
  • pf3855
    pf3855 Posts: 31
    Options
    Roughly own about 150 pair of shoes. Favorite brands are Donald J Pliner, Ralph Lauren and Nurture! Last pair purchased was some Ralph Lauren loafers. I'd say I have 30 pair of black heels - all kinds: open toe, sling back, pointy toe, decorated with rhinestones... you name it I probably have it in a black heel. One whole wall in our guest room is nothing but a shoe rack.... it's an addiction. But I have to say I come by it honesly as my mom & dad both have tons of shoes so I'm pretty sure it was an inherited trait.
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I own 2 pairs of flats, a pair of heels that I will probably never wear again, a pair of heeled boots, a couple pairs of flip flops and my workout shoes. So I guess 7. Shoes are relatively unimportant to me...they are more function than fashion in my world :)

I also (GASP!!!) only own 1 purse (and it is not designer, although I get a lot of compliments on it ;). I love telling my husband how lucky he is to have me because I am so low maintenance!
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i'm way over 100....oh yes
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fashion-shoe type o' gal. Probably about 50 pairs, but my current "rotation" would be:
    - silver clogs
    - black clogs
    - red clogs
    - suede knee-high black boots
    - Sorel wool-lined 'Caribou' boots
    - worn-arsed boy's black lowtop Chucks with little silver skulls

I have a hard time throwing shoes out. *points at shoes from 20+ years ago*
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I wear one pair of black nurses shoes, if I am wearing shoes, which most of the time I don't. (The dog knows he is going to be put in his kennel when I put my shoes on and he runs and hides,) :laugh: I have long, skinny feet that are hard to find comfortable shoes for (11AA) I can't take a photo of the rest of my shoes because they are in a box somewhere, I haven't unpacked since we had a plumbing issue that required us to empty our closet almost two years ago. but that box has:
    1 pair nurses shoes; navy
    2 pair tennis shoes; white/AmericaFlag
    2 pair house slippers; Uggs/terry cloth
    3 pair pumps; black/black patten/pearl
    2 pair sandles; black/brown
    2 pair boots; cowboy/hiking
    I have no idea what brand they are, they fit and are comfortable, except for the pearl color pumps but I wore them on my wedding day and can't bear to part with them. I am glad I answered this post. Now I can answer when people ask. I have a dozen pairs of shoes I can wear, more than enough.
  • thea0101
    thea0101 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    39 last count when I laid them down to clean my shoe closet.

25450_1362686980086_1018936465_31122112_6160195_n.jpg
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I don't have too many pairs of shoes but I have enough to do a lot with.

1 pair of black work heels
    1 pair of boot heels (sadly cat got to the tips of them :( )
    1 pair of shorter regular boots which I LOVE right now... American Eagle
    1 pair of AE flip flops, plain leather as I'm not really a huge fan of flip flops
    1 pair of cheap work out shoes, they are white/pink and they work. If they break I won't care and will get another pair.
    2 pairs of hiking boots. One water proof the other not. These were expensive.
    1 pair of fuzzy slipper type shoes... mainly for scuffling around and can still be called shoes.
    1 pair of low key tennis type shoes. They are brown and smaller but only good in decent weather.
    1 pair of flat boots that have fur and go up over your calf.

So it looks like 10 pairs. I hate wearing flats because they make my pants get all scuffed up and usually they fall apart. I also don't care too much for most heels as my foot type isn't suitable and they are not really my style. I love smaller tennis shoes (not too bulky) and am a big fan of fashionable boots. I guess I like some substance to my shoe while being fashionable and feminine.
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I am a simple woman with 3 pairs of shoes.

Asics
    Steel toe boots, for intimidation purposes, and for heavy work around the house.
    and clogs for just going out with the fam or hanging out with friends.

To the people that have over 50... is that really necessary? LOL!
  • yhernandezphx
    yhernandezphx Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    im at about 150+
    all differnt brands, i am well aware i have an addiction to them :)

this was last year- its full now along with the shelf behind it (4 shoes in each hole)

http://www.afendibagandabadattitude.com/2011/08/yani-is-shoe-whre.html
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I have about 40-50 pair. I love shoes!!! Some I can't wear because they hurt my feet (gained weight and foot got bigger too!), but I'm hoping I will be able to wear them when some of this weight comes off.

When I get under 200 I'm going to reward myself with a new pair!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    26 pairs of high heels, 14 pairs of flats/ballerina shoes, 3 pairs of sneakers, 4 pairs of boots, 5 pairs of flip flops, 2 pairs of strappy sandals.

...and yet I wear the same pair of shoes every day.

ahhhh i totally know what you mean-i do the same thing!
    last summer i tried to wear every single pair of shoes once...but gave up after 3 weeks.

That sounds like a fun idea!

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED
  • lillystargazer
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with shoes because I have wide feet.

3 pairs of boots, one of them is for rain/snow
    2 pairs of tennis shoes- Vans & Roxy
    2 pairs of black flats
    2 pairs of flip flops
    1 pair of sandals
    1 pair of Moccasins
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I own a total of five pairs, and I wear a total of 2 -- not including my flip flops. Cute shoes just aren't comfortable when you weigh 300 pounds. SOME day, I hope to have an actual shoe wardrobe, but it's so ingrained at this point to only wear one or two pair, I don't know if I'll ever change.
  • lowlevelrebel
    lowlevelrebel Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You inspired me to count them. You also inspired me to change my profile pic ;) If I don't count slippers (if I can't wear 'em out it just ain't the same) I have:

11 pairs of boots
    3 pairs of slippers
    6 pairs of sandals
    15 pairs of flats
    10 pairs of casual shoes/sneakers
    14 pairs of high heels

Which makes a grand total of 59. That's actually more than I thought I had. I don't always buy very good quality but I love the way that a new pair of shoes can add pizazz to an outfit that's gotten a little tired. Also, I think as a lifelong chubby girl, shoes always fit whereas pants or blouses didn't always. Shoes were a pick me up. Unlike treacherous knee-high boots, which I have only recently begun to fit. *shakes fist*
  • stacyrhoades11
    stacyrhoades11 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    :tongue: Wow...I love shoes!! I own about 50 pair of shoes lol my last purchase was this past weekend and it was a pair of Nike air max pink and black...love them....would pose a pic for ya but i dont knwo how to do that on here
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Unlike treacherous knee-high boots, which I have only recently begun to fit. *shakes fist*

The solution to that is buy european cut boots. They're designed to actually fit real women, not popsicle stick legged barbies.
  • lowlevelrebel
    lowlevelrebel Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Unlike treacherous knee-high boots, which I have only recently begun to fit. *shakes fist*

The solution to that is buy european cut boots. They're designed to actually fit real women, not popsicle stick legged barbies.

European cut? Sweet! Never heard that before. I will totally look into that, thanks!