Are there any benefits to small amounts of milk chocolate?

Options
2»

Replies

• onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    honestly, the milk, sugar and fat way out any health benefits at all.
    Dark choco has less of those, so it can give you more benefits.

*weigh
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    It's a lot easier for me to have chocolate in moderation than xanax in moderation. Quitting xanax was a b-word!
    I'm with you!!
  • mariholm
    mariholm Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Diary Milk has a 100 calorie bar - does the trick for me at that TOM. Give me my chocolate and nobody gets hurt. :):laugh:
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    It can benefit your mental health if it makes you happy.
    Don't discount this (and variations of this sentiment posted here).

If you really enjoy milk chocolate, plan your calorie intake around it. Set up your calorie and macro goals so they include milk chocolate. You don't need to look for health benefits to justify eating food you love to eat. The fact that you love to eat it is good enough. Just don't go overboard, and fit it within your calorie/macro goals. (and that answer is the same whether milk chocolate has no benefits or cures cancer)
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I don't care whether dark choc has more health benefits, it doesn't taste as nice to me as milk chocolate! Instead of getting a big bar though as its really hard to resist eating more chunks once you've started I get like a box of cadbury's heroes and only allow two at once.

I find the best time to have one is after my dinner as I'm full from dinner and get the satisfaction of a taste of chocolate, without ending up eating loads of them cos I'm hungry if I have one between meals I find I end up with 5 or 6 instead of 1 or 2! Natural yoghurt on strawberries with a small piece of choccy on top is yummy! Or grate a small bar over natural yoghurt or something?
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    the benefit i get is enjoyment .. I make about 100lbs of chocolate a year to give to folks for gifts and for ...just because... i LOVE chocolate but not the dark ..always liked the milk or vanilla
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    It can benefit your mental health if it makes you happy.
    Don't discount this (and variations of this sentiment posted here).

If you really enjoy milk chocolate, plan your calorie intake around it. Set up your calorie and macro goals so they include milk chocolate. You don't need to look for health benefits to justify eating food you love to eat. The fact that you love to eat it is good enough. Just don't go overboard, and fit it within your calorie/macro goals. (and that answer is the same whether milk chocolate has no benefits or cures cancer)

Thank you. :flowerforyou: Will do. I was just curious...
  • bcweisen
    bcweisen Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is one of the few known sources of the essential trace mineral chromium. I think that's both dark and milk. But as always... life is about moderation :)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    keeps me sane and happy= great benefit!