Girl Scout Cookies

Options
Growing up when it was girl scout cookie season we had multiple boxes of every kind in the house. My mom would even freeze them to last longer.

I was at a bar on Saturday night with the boyfriend and a group of adults were selling girl scout cookies behind us for their kids ((BEST idea ever btw)). So I bought a box, and ate five when I got home. When I realized what I had done the next morning I felt ucky. I am glad I bought them and have one box laying around.

What is the biggest number of girl scout cookies you have consumed in one night? Samosas is what I bought, and the only kind I have ever liked... Not like LOVE! When I was a kid 5 or 6 cookies at once was average, now I'm trying to make it one, maybe two at once. They taste AMAZING drunk btw haha.

Replies

• Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Oh man! Frozen thin mints are sinful! And Tagalongs..ohhhh they're so good!

It took EVERYTHING I had to NOT buy cookies at my son's preschool. The owner's granddaughter was selling them for like 3-4 weeks. I saw the sign twice a day. And finally the sign said "Last day to buy cookies!"

I DID IT! :)

It's hard though. I can't keep them in the house. Because moderation with Thin Mints don't work well with me. I think I could easily eat an entire box. I'll regret it a few hours later. But man oh man they're so good!
  • xXHeatherRaeXx
    xXHeatherRaeXx Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Tagalongs - The most evil cookie ever invented (besides Oreos). I could probably polish off an entire box in one sitting. Never have, just saying I probably could. :laugh:
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    Tagalongs - the whole friggen box. Thank god their boxes are getting smaller and smaller. :smile:

Or the Do Si Dos...and a whole sleeve (which really isn't all that many calories).

I still have some time before they make their way to my region. We get them around March.
  • setter928
    setter928 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I eat the thin mints! I have one after dinner every night to clear the pallet, assuming I am under calories for the day!
  • kmbhoya2000
    kmbhoya2000 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    This is killing me!! I bought a bunch of boxes from my neighbor - and now I'm gluten free!!! And I've been really good about staying on track, it's going to make me scream when they arrive!!!
  • strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    oh god

i put a box of thin mints in the freezer for an hour

and then

EAT ALL THE COOKIES

D;
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    http://www.mnn.com/food/recipes/blogs/all-natural-thin-mint-cookies-even-better-than-the-girl-scout-version

I don't know if these are any lower in calories/fat... but they're definitely better for you ingredients-wise. :smile:
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have sucessfully and politely said no to many many many girl scouts lately. Ohhhhhhh thin mints and those damn tagalongs !!

Here is another deterent, went to target and walmart this morning and ACCCCCCK !!!!!! swimsuits are out. Boo.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Samoas are AWESOME!! Maybe 10 at max! And that was a long time ago!!
    FYI...Keebler makes them too...they are called Coconut Dreams. Exact same cookie!
  • hmcminton
    hmcminton Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    frozen thin mints are the most amazing thing ever!
  • ashtonscoggins
    ashtonscoggins Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    OMG girl scout cookies are the devil!! I recently ate a whole box of Savannah Smiles in one day :( It was that time of the month though..thats the only excuse I have lol besides they are soo good!! My husband brought home some somas the other day..I had two cookies and seriously threw the box away! Cant have that temptation anywhere near me
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I have punished Tagalongs and Samoas by the box. Not so much these days but I am a recovering binge eater.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I used to be able to eat almost an entire box of Tagalongs in one sitting, definitely in one day. Frozen is the way to go with those! I, obviously, did not buy any this year (or last year).

DH told me that a girl scout came to our house on Saturday, though, and he bought 2 boxes of cookies, 1 for each of our sons, they got to pick out what kind they wanted. Luckily, knowing my sons, they wouldn't pick the Tagalongs, so I'm good :)
  • sayfay
    sayfay Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've eaten an entire sleeve of thin mints in one sitting. :ohwell:

I did not buy any this year and will not. Instead, last night at the grocery store I found Edy's makes a Slow Churned (light) Thin Mint ice cream (with the actual cookies in it!). Only 120 calories for 1/2 cup. I had that last night and it was so yummy and a very satisfying alternative. They also make a Samoa light one too.
  • bmkx0
    bmkx0 Posts: 308
    Options
    i like the lemon ones
  • mortla
    mortla Posts: 73
    Options
    My daughter is a girl scout....I am in SUPER HELL!
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    I can't wait to buy Thin Mints!! I'll probably get 3-4 boxes and stash 2 in the outside freezer so the kids don't get to them :bigsmile:

Gotta love the Girl Scouts!!
  • jnance82
    jnance82 Posts: 149
    Options
    Thank God above I hate Girl Scout Cookies!!!! lol

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]10502719.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I think I might be the only one who finds girl scout cookies repulsive. (burn the witch!)
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Trefoils (short bread)! My daughter is selling them and so far I have only purchased one box. I eat no more than five a day which is a serving....Something like 140 calories and 19 carbs...i think