Ladies, how many pairs of shoes do you own?

Options
167891012»

Replies

• Ajmead
    Ajmead Posts: 56
    Options
    Not enough lol
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I have very wide feet and can not wear a lot of shoes. I also use to work at a sporting goods store and love high end shoes, this does not mean heels though

2 pair Dansko
    1 pair Keen venice h2
    1 pair Chacos
    1 pair North Face down winter boots
    1 North Face down tent booties
    1 pair Nike ( not gym shoes)
    1 pair Five Fingers
    2 pair Saucony gym shoes
    2 pair Birkis

and 10 others I don't wear due to not being wide enough, no heels at all but I love expensive shoes, ironic!
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am freak I own one pair of boots and that's it! Really need some trainers but hate shoe shopping.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    heh - sorry, i just started talking about my shoes and didn't even notice this thread. how did i miss it??
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I own 2 pairs of flats, a pair of heels that I will probably never wear again, a pair of heeled boots, a couple pairs of flip flops and my workout shoes. So I guess 7. Shoes are relatively unimportant to me...they are more function than fashion in my world :)

I also (GASP!!!) only own 1 purse (and it is not designer, although I get a lot of compliments on it ;). I love telling my husband how lucky he is to have me because I am so low maintenance!

My bf told me I needed to get a new purse, because I had the same one from when I was in Highschool. I remind him every once in a while that he is lucky as well because he doesn't need to go out and spoil me with jewelry.
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options

Well in my defense... (not that I need an excuse... hehe) I do some work as a shoe and stocking model, so sometimes I'll buy something if I think it will look great being photographed.. and then I'll only wear it for photo shoots. :)

No need to defend yourself! I find most girls are like that. A good friend of mine has over $25,000 worth of shoes and bags. To me that is INSANE!! I am far too realistic to spend that much. Plus I don't really like heels, I have wide feet, so usually they cause my feet/back to ache + blister + bleed. For a friends wedding I was forced to wear a specific shoe, and by the end of the day I had large gashes on my feet from the straps.

well 25k might be a bit much. yikes.

I have wide feet too. I bought some shoe stretchers and if a pair of shoes are too tight to be comfortable I work on stretching them out for a little bit before I have to walk in them. It's helped a lot.

When you look at it though, 25k isn't all that unrealistic. She has 20 purses and about 5 of them are over $1000. So there is $5000 right there. Then she's got over 100 pairs of shoes and at least 20 of those are $200 shoes, and even if the rest are only $50 bucks --- that is well over $10000 in shoes! It adds up fast. To think if someone has over 150 pairs of shoes they have almost a full down payment on a house! Its crazy to me! And I think I have lots of shoes!
  • Oo_BrookeNicole_oO
    Options
    About 15, and 10 of those are 2-3 dollar flip flops. I only wear my nikes and eastlands. Both are very worn down and over a year old. I never really liked shoes... clothes and purses on the other hand.. :)
  • pgrant0328
    pgrant0328 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Definitely more than I need. I dug a pair out last weekend to wear & had to take them off because they hurt my toes; actually most of them hurt my feet. Since this topic has come up, its a wonderful time to purge my closet. Don't they say less is more? I have lots of "professional work" shoes but now that I'm not working I wear my New Balance running shoes most of the time. I should keep only the comfortable shoe I wear. :smile:
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Oh, lord, about 70. I keep trying to cull and donate but new ones just seem to appear. Last purchase was some Adidas Supernovas to replace a retired pair of Asics--they are feather light and I love them. Last nonessential purchase were some blue Tretorn sneaks with buttons instead of laces--so cute. http://www.amazon.com/Tretorn-Womens-Mikaela-Sneaker/dp/B001LF3GRM
  • ab_shutterbug
    ab_shutterbug Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Good question! I know that I have to kick them inside my closet in order to get the doors shut. I'm guessing I have around 20-30 pair. Latest, and one of my faves, is a pair of black leather tall boots with 4" heels and cool rhinestone decorations (just one round one on each side). I'm so glad to have lost 30 plus # on MFP so that I can wear heels again and they don't hurt my feet!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I own 2 pairs of flats, a pair of heels that I will probably never wear again, a pair of heeled boots, a couple pairs of flip flops and my workout shoes. So I guess 7. Shoes are relatively unimportant to me...they are more function than fashion in my world :)

I also (GASP!!!) only own 1 purse (and it is not designer, although I get a lot of compliments on it ;). I love telling my husband how lucky he is to have me because I am so low maintenance!

My bf told me I needed to get a new purse, because I had the same one from when I was in Highschool. I remind him every once in a while that he is lucky as well because he doesn't need to go out and spoil me with jewelry.

He can come spoil me with jewelry if he wants.. ha! :)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

well 25k might be a bit much. yikes.

When you look at it though, 25k isn't all that unrealistic. She has 20 purses and about 5 of them are over $1000. So there is $5000 right there. Then she's got over 100 pairs of shoes and at least 20 of those are $200 shoes, and even if the rest are only $50 bucks --- that is well over $10000 in shoes! It adds up fast. To think if someone has over 150 pairs of shoes they have almost a full down payment on a house! Its crazy to me! And I think I have lots of shoes!

I'd pay 200 + for a pair of shoes, but I don't think I'd ever spend more than 400 for a purse. And I don't think I'd ever need 20 of them. ever. lol

I'd do high end yes.. but one brown one, one black one, and maybe a couple sparkly ones. Maybe a red one. But 20? Noway.
  • PinkGoth
    PinkGoth Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have about 50 pairs, i got rid of 3 bags full when i moved to a smaller house! :sad:

I love love love shoes!!

My daughter shares my addiction which is great except she is a size smaller so we can't share!
  • jlcieslak
    jlcieslak Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    LOL!
  • mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Let's see... a pair of sneakers for most days, a pair of skate shoes for lazy days, snow boots, a pair of Demonia boots from high school that I can't seem to throw out, and 2 pairs of nicer boots. So 6 pair, 2 of which I very rarely wear.
    And the favorites
    KH-07-25-11-1_148.JPG
  • NixxFightingFit
    Options
    Oh! I own one pair of black ballet flat, one pair of running shoes, one pair of PULP O-ring heels, one pair of Iron Fist Zombie Stomper heels and one pair of Bordello 5inch Heels.
    My fav brands are without question Iron Fist and Bordello *drools*
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    Well .. I do have a shoe fetish .. Heels and knee high boots are defo my thing ... I have no idea how many pairs I own .. Some Ive had since I was a teen ... Just cannot part with them .. Haha ... My most recent purchase were a pair of Chloe Prince paddington knee high boots ... Luuuurrvve them !!!
  • healthyyme
    healthyyme Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't wear most of them that often...
    1 pair of Toms
    4 pairs of Vans
    1 pair of flats
    2 pairs of slipper boots
    1 pair ralph lauren sneakers

9 pairs total, I wear 2 regularly, and soon will be the owner of some Nike lunarglides :)