Girl Scout Cookies

Options

Replies

• kaylurzz
    kaylurzz Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thin Mints are my demise. My suitemates and I pigged out on a whole box the other night. oops~
  • adriadawn19
    adriadawn19 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    tagalongs are my favorite!! and i once ate an entire box at once.
  • tplcook1
    Options
    Thin mints and milk. They are the best combination. I have gone through a whole box and a half in one night. I just couldn't stop.:)
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Samosas is what I bought, and the only kind I have ever liked... Not like LOVE! .

If this if your fav...try Fiber Plus bars...coconut and caramel flavor....taste the exact same only better for you!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I ever ate a whole box in one day. Half a box, easy. I can't wait to get some Tagalongs. Thin Mints are good too, and they freeze well, so I'll be getting some of those...
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK, and I have no idea what you are talking about! :P Can anyone enlighten me? Do girl scouts go around selling them to raise money for their club?
    No, silly. They are cookies made of Girl Scouts. :laugh:
  • fultimers
    fultimers Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thankfully, I live in a senior community and door-to-door selling is not allowed. GS cookies are one of those red light foods
    that I am better off not even eating one.
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    does anyone think they got smaller with in the years?

Yes!! Smaller and more expensive! lol
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Since the object of selling cookies is to make money for the Troop I would feel bad not buying them. BUT....I now give a $5 donation to the girls. From being a troop leader I know that they only get a portion of the money received. But when I donate directly they get to keep it all. Win/win for both of us. I don't take home cookies and they make more money.

If more people would do this, girl scout cookies may become extinct. Not really a bad idea either, considering how bad the ingredients are.

When my children were in school, they had to sale stuff like candles, cookie mix, pizza, candy, etc. Same with sports. My solution was to give $25-$50 to the school/organization and tell them to now leave me alone. Worked real well and I think they appreciated it very much.
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have eaten a box of Samoas in a day. Not all at one time necessarily, but throughout the day until the box was empty. That is terrible!!
  • craftydeb
    craftydeb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK, and I have no idea what you are talking about! :P Can anyone enlighten me? Do girl scouts go around selling them to raise money for their club?

Girl Scouts are basically the same as Girl Guides (as they were called in the UK when I was a Girl Scout)...I don't know if they do things like cookie sales, etc. or not...
    I love them ALL!! I usually buy 3-4 boxes (I like a variety, though my homemade cookies are still around HA!) and stow them in the freezer. When I feel like it, I'll maybe eat one, maybe two of each (depending on the amount in a serving) and that's all I limit myself to :)
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    A box of Thin Mints, and a box of Dulce de Leche in one afternoon. I might have been under the influence of munchie-inducing substances...
  • APO_Katie
    APO_Katie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Trefoils are my downfall. I love them with hot coffee, hot cocoa, and a nice tall glass of ice cold milk! I've eaten an entire package in a sitting!
  • apena_06
    Options
    I'm a Girl Scout mom and have about 10 cases of cookies in my dining room that need to be passed out to friends and family so my willpower is being tested!!!! I found out that 4 Thin Mints = 160 Calories and 2 Somoas = 140 calories.....so on my cheat day i've allowed myself 2-3 somoas or 4 thin mints and that's it. I could easily eat the entire box of both though lol
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Tagalongs - The most evil cookie ever invented (besides Oreos). I could probably polish off an entire box in one sitting. Never have, just saying I probably could. :laugh:

Agrre completly!! But I have polished off a box!!!!
  • dwtouch4
    Options
    Samoas are my favorite as well. Samosas are also very good but something totally different :)
  • alikat42
    alikat42 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    This. Or the Girl Scouts can donate your purchase to overseas troops!

edit: oops! my quote didn't work.
  • AlaskaLily
    Options
    Daaaamnnn good topic!

I just ordered 6 boxes, most of which I give away. No joke though...the most I have ever eaten is a whole box of caramel delights. WHOLE things, which a huge cold glass of SKIM milk haha. I like to microwave them for a couple seconds = heaven.

However, I did just find the Fiber Plus chocolate coconut bars...they taste JUST like these! Only 120 cals and tons of fiber!
  • H0neybug
    H0neybug Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm a Girl Scout Leader and currently have 200+ boxes in my garage not to mention the 3 cases I've purchased and are sitting in my kitchen.

I put the Thin Mints in the freezer...If I open up the freezer and take the silver foil package out I will eat the whole thing in about 7 minutes.

I can eat a box of Caramel Delights in 6 minutes and a box of Peanut Butter Patties in 5.

I cannot stop at one or two cookies...I have recognized my weakness and try not to put any in my mouth, but today I found the kids had left a box with just two little Peanut Butter Patties in it...I ate them both, but spaced it out to last about 15 minutes.

I'm just trying to stay out of the garage now.

: )
  • j3nn14er
    Options
    tagalongs... I've eaten an entire box before (years ago but still haha)