Chicken Nugget Diet

Options
123457»

Replies

• rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    the mother has failed as a parent

Do you really think that's it? Do you think that there is a possibilty that the kid would refuse to eat anything and that a worried parent just gave in?

I think the bashing on parents can be very harsh sometimes. No one is perfect and 90% of parents do the best they can with what they have. Yes, crappy parents exist. But because the girl eats chicken nuggets, her mother failed???
    abother link that goes a little more in depth
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2092071/Stacey-Irvine-17-collapses-eating-McDonalds-chicken-nuggets-age-2.html

"Doctors found that her 15-year ‘chronic chicken nugget addiction’ has left her with anaemia and inflamed veins on her tongue.
    So deficient was her body in vitamins and nutrients that she had to be injected with them. "

15 years. the mother allowed her to eat this and only this from the age 2 and on. for 15 years. yes in my eyes the parent has failed.

Agree!!

Me Too, parents should always monitor what their kids eat, only chicken nuggets??? the parents should have fed them something else, if you give in to whatever the kids want, then who is in control?
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Wow, my son is Autistic and that really cut me. He can't help wanting the same things over and over, doesn't mean I always give it to him, but with his SPD it is hard for him to try new things because of the different textures.

Why did it "cut you"? If the girl in the article was Autistic and people were putting all the blame on the mother then that would be wrong..but..SHE IS NOT AUTISTIC!!! What was this ever brought up in this thread..it has nothng to do with the article!
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    I'm so glad that all of the moms here are perfect. No one ever made mistakes. With this many perfect moms, the world should be a safe place.

There's quite a difference between making little mistakes and feeding your child chicken nuggets every day for 15 years. No one here is claiming to be a "perfect" mom so your sarcasm is a bit misplaced. Just saying.
    My comment is not about letting your child eat chicken nuggets everyday for 15 years... It's about the "better than all of you other moms" attitudes that come with a post like this. Just sayin'

Hmmm. It must just be because it's the internet that it's coming off that way.. I just thought that it was them talking about how they don't feed their children chicken nuggets every day and disagree with a mom doing so.
    Oh, I get it! And, they don't do anything else "wrong" either. A rare and extreme circumstance that is making everyone feel like "Super Mom!" No, it's not just the internet...it's people with holier than thou attitudes.

Haha..What thread are you reading? I honestly can't pick out one person that commented in this thread that is acting like they are "perfect" or supermom". No clue what you are talking about.
  • chelsearae85
    Options
    This makes me sick for two reasons. First off chicken nuggets are gross and most the time don't even look like chicken. And second what were her parents thinking. Every once in a while my daughter pitches a fit that she only wants crap for breakfast, I tell her no and let her sit hungry for 15 minutes and should enough she asks for something better maybe soup or cold pizza but its not cookies or chips.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Ok, How does anyone know if she has autism or not? Or any kind of health condition or not? Do you guys know her personally???
    I don't see how that makes any difference. Is it somehow OK to malnourish an autistic girl?

I was just asking because people are going back and forth about it.
    I really can not say how I feel about this because I do not know all the facts or what actually was or was not done.
    My son eats chicken nuggets just about everyday, does that make me a bad parent also? If you think so, I really do not care.

Do you not know how to cook? Why would you feed your child nuggets daily?

Once again to the hyper-sensitive out there, this thread is NOT about autism. I repeat, it is NOT about autism. It is however, apparently about parents getting offended by proxy and looking for excuses.
  • christinal83
    christinal83 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    NOT everyday. Actually my son has skin reactions to certain foods so he does only eat certain things. He eats lots of veggies and other healthy things. The doctors he has been to can't figure out why this is going on. We try to reintroduce foods as time goes on & he still has a reaction to a lot of them. Because he is 4 now he does remember what foods make him break out with hives, itches & diarrhea. According to "normal standards" my kid is right down the middle for everything. All I am trying to say is we shouldn't be so quick to judge before we know all the facts.
    BTW I do know how to cook.
    Sorry my son & I do not fit into your perfect world
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie; I read that article and got a craving so I will be getting chicken nuggets for dinner tonight. :blushing:

LOL, me too! I'll get some on my next free meal.
  • mammafrog
    mammafrog Posts: 176
    Options
    the mother has failed as a parent

Do you really think that's it? Do you think that there is a possibilty that the kid would refuse to eat anything and that a worried parent just gave in?

I think the bashing on parents can be very harsh sometimes. No one is perfect and 90% of parents do the best they can with what they have. Yes, crappy parents exist. But because the girl eats chicken nuggets, her mother failed???

It is bad parenting. AS my doctor told me when my 5 year old refused to eat anything other than macaroni "She wont starve to death and don't give it to her" The mom didn't just give in once but for years refused to try and feed her child healthy