Who works out 5 days a week?

Options

Replies

• RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Doing P90X = 6 times per week. Loving it!!
  • gonzang
    gonzang Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I do 5-6 days a week. (But not this past week...only did 4. Yikes). I have quite a bit of fat left to lose and do lots of compound moves in strength training.

Sun OFF
    Mon PT or on own, Strength (lifting and calisthenics) + a few intervals on treadmill
    Tues Intervals on TM or elliptical
    Wed PT, high intensity cardio and weights 45 min
    Thurs Light cardio or OFF
    Fri PT, strength (lifting and calisthenics) + a few intervals on treadmill
    Sat Light cardio and/or core focus

For strength training, I do kettlebells, dumbbells, squats, lunges, etc. I will try anything. I like to do new things so that I don't get bored. My trainer sometimes does strength and agility and game-oriented stuff too. It's fun.
  • Xandralexa
    Options
    I work out everyday. Circuit training and walking/jog for 6 days a week.
    And one day out of the week, I'll just do walking and/or running.
  • loki3981
    loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Mon - training session
    Tues - 30 - 45 min walk/run on the track by campus
    Wed - training session
    Thurs - 30+ cardio, 10 weights, 10 abs
    Fri - 30+ cardio, 10 weights, 10 abs
    Sat - training session
    Sun - yoga OR 25+ cardio, 10 abs
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Monday - Rest day (however now I spin on Mondays... shame on me! :blushing: )
    Tuesday - Mid-long run 5-9miles
    Wednesday - 45min cross + weights
    Thursday - Speed training run 3-5miles (3 week rotation of pace, intervals, tempo runs)
    Friday - Rest
    Saturday - Long run 9-18miles
    Sunday - 45-60mins recovery cross + weights

This my training schedule for a 30K race I am running in March. I don't consider it gospel, and I'm known to skip a workout once every 2 weeks or so. It happens. Life gets in the way. Right now I'm working out 6 days a week because I can't tear myself away from spinning, but ideally 5 days a week would be optimal.
  • sweetheart312
    sweetheart312 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    m-s i do30min treadmill,30 minute eliptical,30 minute stepper and strenght training
    but now hit a platue and having a hard time getting out any suggestions
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    M, W, F: - 20 minutes of tabatas (which vary depending on the day -- could be pushups, jump squats, burpees, etc.)
    -45 mins of kickboxing (sparring with pads, full power)

T, S, S: - 45 mins kickboxing

Thursdays off.
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Monday-Friday

I go to Curves which is literally 2 doors down from my office

Monday and Tuesday- Curves Smart Training
    Wednesday- Curves Circuit Zumba
    Thursday-Curves Smart Training
    Friday-Curves Circuit Zumba

I go during my Lunch hour between 12 and 2 pm
  • chescafairy
    Options
    I'm trying Couch to 5K and it's going really well so that's 3/5. Try and do 30mins of wii fit or 20 mins on Dance Broadway in between and have sunday to rest! the wii sessions tend to fall by the wayside though!
  • ClareB1974
    ClareB1974 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I do 30DS 6 days a week (soon to be ripped in 30 or killer buns and thighs - not decided yet!) and I've just added C25K in on m/w/f - no access to a gym unfortunately :-(
  • DaveMXF
    DaveMXF Posts: 52
    Options
    Currently in Phase 1 of P90X2,

Sunday = X2 Core (Core workout using fitness ball, med balls)
    Monday = Plyocide (Jump training, combined with mind drills)
    Tuesday - Recovery & Mobility ( Stretching - Foam roller workout)
    Wednesday = X2 Total Body & Abs (Resistance Training w/ Instability incorporated)
    Thursday = X2 Yoga
    Friday = X2 Balance & Power ( resistance moves while balancing)
    Saturday = Recovery & Mobility ( Stretching - Foam roller workout)

So far really difficult for me, the balance and coordination is slow but sure. I'm challenged and looking forward to the result!
  • desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I attend Zumba or Cardio pump class 3x/week. Then I add at least 2 more days either swimming, biking or using one of the zillion workout tapes I have at home. I also try and take a walk on the weekends or yard work.

I think the key is flexibility in the schedule and variety in the choices. I can workout at the gym, at home, or walk the neighborhood or park.

I had a personal trainer when I first joined the gym. Besides the $$, I stopped using him because it felt too scheduled. I needed to be able to pop in the gym around a crazy, hospital and class schedule.

As a nurse, I find I learn so much from the personal trainers that I can pass on to my patients!
  • desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I did a round of PX90 (1) and loved it. But you are right, trying to get the coordination on some of the moves is crazy! Keep it up!:smile:
  • Queenb62303
    Options
    i do zumba twice a week on mondays and fridays.. during the rest of the week its stationary bike, treadmill, and xbox boxing/dance central :) my own personal gym at home lol
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    5-6 days a week here. Normally every day at the gym I do 60 min on the treadmill on the weight loss setting and beef up my speed every week or so. When I come home I'll switch up either a Turbo Jam Video or Pilates.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I workout 5 to 6 days a week. I do a different form of cardio each time. Before I do my cardio I do my weight training. I will do upper body one day, lower the next and always give a group of muscles a day off between working them again.
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Mon, wed, fri- hr of Tae Bo class and Sat step aerobics with weights::happy:
  • PenguinPrincess
    Options
    6 days a week. Monday through Thursday I work out twice a day, 3 miles in the morning and twenty-30 minutes on elliptical, 5 miles in the evening with 45 minutes on the elliptical. Friday I work out in the morning, 4 miles and 45 minutes on elliptical. Saturday I ride the exercise bike, run a mile, and usually a workout with the wii fit. Sunday is my only day off.