Jullian michaels.... The biggest winner.. ?

Options

Replies

• vixxy83
    vixxy83 Posts: 59
    Options
    i did JM banish fat boost metabolism n that was a workout n a half i can tell ya !
  • whatthefitz
    Options
    How much arm work is involved in any of these? I broke my collar bone and wrist (same arm) in a car accident last month and I'm trying to find some stuff I can do for the rest of my body that's not a lot of impact on my bad arm. I just don't want to buy them right now if I can't use them for another couple of months! Would Buns and Thighs be decent, those of you who have tried it?
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba for a month now, and I LOVE it. (Wii version). It does make you sweat and it's so fun.

BUT....I started 30DS yesterday and after doing it twice (today too) I can barely walk. My thighs feel like they're so swollen, my muscles are actually sticking out and I can squat at all.

So I don't think Zumba tones you as much as 30DS. Because otherwise, I wouldn't be feeling this pain now would I?

Am I making sense? Just tried to do Zumba there now and can't, thighs are too sore.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I totally love this set!!
    When I was beginning workout DVDs, granted this was 10 years ago, I loved me some Tae Bo.
  • Bikini27
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba for a month now, and I LOVE it. (Wii version). It does make you sweat and it's so fun.

BUT....I started 30DS yesterday and after doing it twice (today too) I can barely walk. My thighs feel like they're so swollen, my muscles are actually sticking out and I can squat at all.

So I don't think Zumba tones you as much as 30DS. Because otherwise, I wouldn't be feeling this pain now would I?

Am I making sense? Just tried to do Zumba there now and can't, thighs are too sore.

LOL...I know what you mean!! Should try some muscle recovery stuff, GNC sells an *awesome* Berry Blast and it is a miracle worker.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the Jilliam Michaels 30 ripped in 30 days and Killer Buns and Thighs...I definetly get a workout...however, I tend to get dizzy from all the ups and downs....anyone else get dizzy???

I had that problem when I did Biggest Loser's Last Chance Workout. I almost passed out a couple of times. A trainer friend of mine said I should slow down a little going from the floor exercises to the standing, which did help. Never had that problem with the Shred. I'm starting Ripped in 30 next Monday, kind of excited! I don't have her Biggest Winner workouts, so I can't comment on those.

Edited to say that you would probably love Zumba, it's a lot of fun! Even if you can't get the steps or keep up right away, you just stick with it, and before you know it you're zipping through it like a pro! Each time you do it you'll get better and stronger.
  • reharvrun
    Options
    I am doing 30 Day Shred and love it! I feel like I have really done something and I run 12 miles a week and do Zumba 3 nights a week. I almost didn't do it today but I'm hooked.
  • Bikini27
    Options
    I want to try out the 30 day shred but after doing this dvd that i have now, i'm thinking i will wait until i'm not ready to kill over before i go buy it. ha!

30 Day Shred is not as intense as the Biggest Winner, trust me. But it is a great stepping stone to the Biggest Winner.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    How much arm work is involved in any of these? I broke my collar bone and wrist (same arm) in a car accident last month and I'm trying to find some stuff I can do for the rest of my body that's not a lot of impact on my bad arm. I just don't want to buy them right now if I can't use them for another couple of months! Would Buns and Thighs be decent, those of you who have tried it?

If you can't do planks and push-ups, I'd hold off.
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and I can definitely tell a difference in my body!! I haven't lost any pounds, but I've lost inches!! Can't wait to see the difference after I've completed the 30 days!

wow, i just started today, actually I hope to see results on day 5!!!! :)
  • courtgosvener
    courtgosvener Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I actually have those, I remember trying those when I weighed like 50 lbs less and considered myself in better shape and they were hard. maybe i should see what they are like again!
  • thesarahsundae
    thesarahsundae Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I haven't done this DVD, but I have one of hers (I can't remember the name) where she used Kettlebells. She is TOUGH! But it's a good workout.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 4 Level 3 of Ripped in 30 and have decided to draw this level out for 2 weeks instead of 1....yep, she's trying to kill me!!! :noway:

I definitely think level 3 is the hardest. I just started level 4 today and as tough as it was I'm just glad it's not level 3 again.
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I was doing the shred, and enjoying it, but got to day 5 and my knees were ruined. I have NEVER had problems with my knees and I work out quite alot. I also do zumba, the odd aerobics and interval running.

The real bummer was that I could feel the shred was doing me good, I felt smaller even in 4 days, so I've taken what I can do from it - more abs, weights at a no rest intensity. I'd be interested if anyone has any suggestions for knee-kind cardio or weight subs. I'm fine on the floor.
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I have several of Jillian Michaels' DVDs. The 30 day shred is a little easier than Get Ripped in 30 days. Some of the exercise moves are the same. If you do Get Ripped in 30 first, then the 30 Day Shred will better for you. I catch myself attempting the advance moves on that dvd. With Get Ripped, I don't even think about the advanced person. :laugh:
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have the 30DS but haven't done it and my sister has the ripped in 30 set...I have started doing the couch to 5k..
  • fieldsbean
    Options
    I am on day 3 of JM 30 day shred..i do get dizzy..and i kind of worry that instead of feeling good when i am done..2 days now I have felt lethargic and very nauseated..wondering if my water intake should be more just prior to it..since she does not let us rest. I really really love Leslie Sansone's DVD's because she walks, but the walking is vigorous, and she brings moves into it that just like Jillian, make the whole body work at once to burn those calories..I may go back to her if this yucky post workout feeling doesnt go away. I am 167 and my goal is 140 by May..I am a slow loser of weight but I do feel i have some new muscles..
  • jackieb1977
    jackieb1977 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    ive done 30 day shre but gave up i couldnt do the jumping jacks they killed me (boobs far to big for that kind of exercise).lol, also started zumba class have been twice and love it..but am i doing something wrong as im not even getting sweaty, im a little out of breath but can still talk lol??? have ordered a dance dvd to see if thats any better.
  • Angelmlevingston
    Options
    I just started the 30 day shred and ya I also get dizzy from the ups and downs!
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I have several of Jillian Michaels' DVDs. The 30 day shred is a little easier than Get Ripped in 30 days. Some of the exercise moves are the same. If you do Get Ripped in 30 first, then the 30 Day Shred will better for you. I catch myself attempting the advance moves on that dvd. With Get Ripped, I don't even think about the advanced person. :laugh:

Interesting! Maybe I'll be able to tackle an advanced move or two then when I start 30DS next week. I'm on level 4 of Ripped and I watch Basheera (sp?) and quickly decide to follow Shelly. :)