Looking for working moms to add :D

Options

Replies

• Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm a working mom, with two toddlers... I'll send you a invite! :smile:

I actually have 72 lbs to lose and have only been on here less than 3 weeks, so I am pretty new at this myself!

I work out at night... I don't like doing it in the morning, I prefer to workout after I do all my eating for the day.
  • Tupeloblossom
    Tupeloblossom Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am a full time working mom with 3 teenagers at home. Feel free to add me...I want to lose about 50 lbs and just joined a few days ago.
  • jdevrich
    Options
    I'm a 29 year old working mom (Nurse) to an almost 4 year old (in March). I applaud those of you who can exercise in the morning. I am just not functional enough in the a.m. to work out (plus I enjoy my sleep too much and usually don't get enough). That would be great if we could start a working moms group. Friend request sent!
  • cariclaire
    cariclaire Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of two, a five year old and a 2 year old. I have a pretty demanding FT job. I struggle to find the time and energy to work out. I'd love to get some tips and support from other working moms who are managind to get in some workouts. Any of you, please feel free to add me! Good luck all!
  • MMillo
    MMillo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would love to be added to your friends lists, I am working mom with a three year old. I want to be able to share or vent what life throws at me and help gain some ideas and tips for handling all of it. So much seems to effect how we neglect ourselves to care for the ones we love.
  • iuali81
    iuali81 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You can feel free to add me too! I am a full time working mom of 2 little boys. My oldest will be 4 in a few weeks and my baby is 15 months. My husband and I started doing 30DS after the kids go to bed. It's not what I want to do at 8:30 at night, but it's the only time.
  • Amf5627622
    Options
    HI all,
    I'm a 37 year old working mom - to three kids (9, 5 and 1). Please feel free to add me - we need all the help we can get managing life, work, kids, and our new lifestyle! I am hoping by losing the weight I will have more energy to get it all done (ah, who am I kidding - it's nt possible to get it all done, but I'd be happy with more energy!)
  • mzjstef
    mzjstef Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a working mom of 3 teenage daughters. With my girls' busy sports schedules in the evenings, I've found the best time for me to workout is early mornings. So, I get up @ 4:30 and have my workout in by 5:15. The bonus is that I then have 45 minutes of quiet time where no one else is up fighting over the bathroom and such!! I also try to get to bed earlier, which I can do with older kids (they usually stay up later than me anyways!) It's tough, but I find I just don't have the motivation or energy after work and running around! Good luck. Add me if you'd like!
  • plargomar
    plargomar Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow....look at how many of us there are! We should just start a working mom group...but who would have to time to administrate it? LOL

I am a full time working mother of 2 as well (6yr, 8yr). My husband is an artist working out of the house so in essence, I am sole provider at this stage in our life.

I am also a part time college student finishing up my bachelor's degree two nights a week. So between the 12 hours gone to work, 4 hours gone to school and the homework on the weekends, once I get the one-on-one time in with kids and hubby in, my "me" time is in the shower or on the drive to work.

We have been working out at 8:00 when the kids go to bed too. Doing it side by side give us husband and wife time and gets us healthy. Hubby is NO WAY a morning person LOL.

Feel free to add me...I love having friends :)
  • pgfitmom
    pgfitmom Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 37 and I am Mom to a 4 year and an almost 7 year old. (both daughters) I work outside the home as well.

I have been logging my food at mfp for a few months, but haven't been too serious with the exercise yet. My weight isn't going anywhere, so I need to look at stepping up the efforts there.
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im a working mom too. 33 with 2 kiddos. Ive jumped head first into 2012 with exercise and really paying attention to my food. It's paying off so far, 10 lbs down. I'm here to help encourage too if anyone wants to add me as a friend.
  • wardellc
    wardellc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a working mom with 2 daughters. Between Girls Scouts, basketball and choir practice it is hard to make time for workouts. I am making it a priority in 2012.
  • flstarlady65
    Options
    Please add me.

I am a 46 yo (single) working mom of a 9 yo boy. I work full-time and come home to play the mom part. He is a little overweight and we are doing this journey together. I take him to the gym where they have a play area and he gets his exercise. We are learning the right way to eat and be healthy. Since both his parents are overweight the chances of him being an overweight adult are extremely likely. .
  • klindaberry
    klindaberry Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Do stepmoms count? I have a 10 and 13 year old step child along with a husband who works 3rd shift. Finding time to exercise is next to impossible.:smile:
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am a working mom with a 2.5 yrs old. i work out 4days a week and have dinner cooked for everybody before i get home in the crockpot. Feel free to add me
  • xtinashort
    Options
    I am a full time working mom! Would love the added support just as well =)
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I am a working mom. I agree about doing the workout when they go to bed. I workout about 8pm when my 2 year old is asleep. works pretty well so far.
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Anybody is free to add me! I'm a working mom to an 8-year-old, and to add to it, my fiance works evenings, so it's usually like I'm a single mom. Definitely trying to juggle fitness/home life/work/friends/planning a wedding/diet is exhausting.

I'm currently trying out switching my workouts to mornings (getting up an hour earlier than I usually do) and seeing if that works. This is my first week of doing that, and other than feeling a bit tired today, seemed to work out well. I also am learning a lot about healthier substitutions when cooking so that I can make healthier versions of meals they love without hearing complaining.
  • sayfay
    sayfay Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm a working mom of a 7 year old. It is very tough to find time to exercise. I usually don't get to it until 9:30pm, after she is in bed.
  • A_shelton316
    A_shelton316 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have two little boys and my husband and I both work full time feel free to add me :)