What's your opinion on chit chat?

Options
13»

Replies

• bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Yay... and I am still your friend. :-) I was thinking that too -- great minds think alike! It just seems like some people get offended when you talk about other things. I am very lucky to have some amazing friends an dont feel that way about my MFP friends. I was just a little curious to see what others thought!

Haha, of course! You're in my top tier of people I talk to more regularly on MFP. =P There's some people on here that want just all fitness-all nutrition-all the time. When I need that, I go to the boards, and I definitely talk about that stuff on my news feed, but I do enjoy getting to know personal stuff about my friends too.
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I like the "stream of consciousness" feeds and the cleverness of my friends.

I do wish there was less talk about food on my feed.

Me too. Stop all the food talk will ya?? Ya'll are making me Hungry! Don't you know I am on a diet???

[/sarcasm]
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I like the chitchat. I enjoy hearing from my MFP friends... because that's what they are- friends.
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I like the "stream of consciousness" feeds and the cleverness of my friends.

I do wish there was less talk about food on my feed.

Me too. Stop all the food talk will ya?? Ya'll are making me Hungry! Don't you know I am on a diet???

[/sarcasm]

This is a lifestyle change, NOT a diet. Your "friends" are just jealous of you and trying to sabotage you by talking about yummy food like french fries and cake and chips and pie and pizza and tacos and...
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Did someone say tacos???
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    where's the cake!?
  • likeaphoenix28
    Options
    I like both!
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    All of my friends are there because I enjoy talking with them AND they encourage me. Several of them I consider very good friends even though we have never met in person.

What she said.

Plus, this is a life style change. And the things that happen in my personal life effect my eatting habits. So I like the chit chat. But I also enjoy the healthy talk as well.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    The forums mostly annoy me. Myself and my friends are full of wit, wisdom, and comedic genius….
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    TL;DR MFP is great for fitness and non fitness related conversation.

I like having a group of like-minded friends. MFP is a great place to meet people who share a dream and a goal to become more physically fit (hopefully). That's the just the foundation for any myriad of possibilities whether it's just support and encouragement on each other's profiles or whether it turns into something more intimate. I've pretty much run the gambit and am grateful for each and every unique person I've come in contact with.
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    Just curious about people's opinion regarding non-fitness related conversations on MFP? I dont mean in the forums... I am referring more to chit chat with your friends list. Is it an okay/encouraged thing to talk about non fitness/weight related goals with your MFP pals? Or, would you rather people stick to fitness and nutrition related subjects?

I talk about just about anything with my MFP buddies...They are great:) As long as the support is there to well I think its kinda awesome:)
  • Thad81
    Thad81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I like to hear anything anyone has to say