for those who have lost weight

Options
2»

Replies

• TinaVanHoecke
    Options
    You can loose weight by just calorie counting, but do you want to just loose weight or do you want a healthy body? If you want a healthy body, I would suggest doing both. You can start out slowly. When I began my journey I was only able to do 10 min. on the treadmill, but I kept at it every day till I could do more and then more. I am fit and healthy today and I truly believe that exercise gives you the mind set to stay on track and feel strong and confident. Starving yourself can make you feel weak. Good luck in your journey and feel free to friend me.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Started in August with exercise and watching calories. The exercise helps the weight loss, but mostly I love how much better I feel. Nothing quite like the high of running three miles, knowing that a year ago, I couldn't have run for a full minute. Weight loss is great, but nothing beats fitness :)
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    the whole diet, eat right, workout was new to me so I took it slow. Started off by working out 2 days a week, changing my eating habits. As the weight started coming off I of course increased my workout and so on. It took me about 3 1/2 years to make a complete lifestyle change. Total weight loss was 33 lbs. Other's may loose that a lot quicker but I took my time and didn't just give up everything, I lowered my amounts, then gave them up totally. It worked for me... Good luck on your journey...
  • bigtone34
    bigtone34 Posts: 136
    Options
    I did the first week with just watching what I ate then I started running about 1/4 mile at first and walking and now I'm up to about 6-7 miles without stopping. I usually run 3-5 days a week and do other exercising the other days. Good luck with your journey!!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I have done both...
    When I previously did WW I lost weight with no exercise but I gained it and more back.

This time I started MFP in April and have lost 61 lbs. I exercise 3 times a week - cardio x 3 weights x2 mainly, and the weight has come off quicker, my body changes have been more significant and I have been able to make these a complete lifestyle change. This isn't a diet to me, this is now how I live my life. By scheduling my exercise into my weekly schedule I am able to stick to it.

So I say if you start off with no exercise just to tackle the diet changes that is ok, but at some point (hopefully soon) you will HAVE to add exercise.

Good luck!!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Here are my losses, by month. As you can see, October and November, when I started adding exercise, were my best months. December I had lost really well, but then gained at Christmas so that's why it looks so bad. Final weigh in for January is tomorrow, and I expect to be down another pound. I've done great in January, and started the 30DS on the 23rd so I'm kind of disappointed at the results. Hopefully February will be great again!

May -8
    June -5.5
    July -4.5
    August -3
    September 1.5
    October -5.5
    November -6.5
    December 2.5
    January -2.5
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Both...I exercise 5-6 days a week...and I count calories...You will have to find the balance for you..some eat the amount that the are given by MFP and dont eat back exercise calories...Others like myself eat 50-75% of my exercise calories along with what MFP give me... Everyone is different...but it is a fun and supportive place..I have been on here since Nov 2010 and loss a total of 51pds reaching goal as of January 1st!

Pointer...Don't get addictive to the scale..

Much success to you!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I'm down 30 lbs and have been doing this for 6 months (since August). I started with just counting calories and now I exercise. I've been thinking about this more as a whole body/person thing rather than just weight loss. So I'm doing this to be healthier and the side effect will be to finally get to a healthy weight!!!
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    The first 20 pounds came off with no exercise at all. The following 15 pounds required cardio workouts 4 x a week. Now I'm stuck with about 5-6 pounds to go and I'm adding strength training to try to shake things up again!
  • biggestloser90
    biggestloser90 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1200 calories a day. I eat more once a week for a cheat day lol..on the cheat day, i dont exercise. But the other 6 days i exercise for 3 or more hours a day (mostly on my exercise bike) ..i started on july 12 last year , and lost 65 pounds so far..it would have been more, but i lost focus for a couple months in october and november ..but im back on track. And need to lose 47 more pounds to get to my goal weight of 130...good luck with your weight loss!!
  • cynthialaurel29
    Options
    Thanks all for ur reply.
  • mattkellett
    Options
    Nutrition will only take you so far, you must MOVE YOUR BODY, including your " clean eating" there is no secret or quick way consistency and beeping true to yourself.

Be better than yesterday.
  • budgetqueen79
    budgetqueen79 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Diet and exercise
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I jumped in feet first....counting cals and exercising... I lost the first 90 pounds in 6 months, then lost 6 more pounds in the next month and half after a back injury..I've been maintaining since late aug 2011...I started here March 2011 :) Good luck to you!!
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    I have lost a lot of weight both ways. It isn't absolutely necessary to exercise to lose weight, but when I do my body starts looking better faster, even if I'm eating a lot more. I have more energy, strength and a stronger drive to continue than just when dieting alone. I definitely recommend doing some kind of weight bearing exercise at least a couple days a week.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I did both. Counting calories is fine, but I think it's more beneficial for your health if you also exercise your body as well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!