Post your daily exercise

Options

Replies

• time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Cheryl - hahahahahaha! I know what you mean! We had an electrician come to the house today and put in a panel so we can plug in our generator and run the whole house. Which probably means we won't lose power any more now for the winter (Murphy's law).

Have a great evening! - Kathy
  • time2wrk
    Options
    For Monday - 30 minutes of a "Hi-Lo Retro" class (good old fashioned floor aerobis) and 30 minutes of Pilates.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    One round of vacuuming the downstairs
    45 minutes of cardio on the treadmill.
    Can't seem to get into strength training, maybe a new video would help.
  • time2wrk
    Options
    kjllose - I find strength training to be BOORRING, even though I know it is good for me. I have to go to a class at my gym to push myself to do it. My husband has a bowflex and I have some free weights laying around here somewhere...
  • tnkitty
    tnkitty Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    4-5 times a week @ the gym:

30 min cardio
    30 min strength training
    5-10 min stretching
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    Today I ran for 5 minutes, and power walked for 15. Then I did 5 sets of 20 arm weights. Will do 200 crunches before bed.
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Hey time2wrk, I'm in Western WA too. When I posted that I went hiking on Saturday and I was outdoors, I didn't say that it was raining cats and dogs. I live in Vancouver, WA and I was hiking the Columbia Gorge. I was soaked to the bones when I got back. I climbed the stinkin' mountain and it felt so good. I had been thinking about it for weeks, and didn't think that I could make it to the top. It was 2 miles straight uphill and it was pouring the whole way...but I made it.

Weather was great on Sunday, the sun was out and I went to Kick Boxing for an hour, then I decided not to waste the sunshine, we don't get much here in the Northwest until Spring, so I went to the Columbia Gorge again. Found a trail from Mosier, OR to Hood River, it went through a really neat tunnel and everything. Lots of hills and it was about 7 miles, 14 miles round trip. Finished it and it felt great.

Tonight I went to a high impact aerobics class, and my quads were so sore I could hardly move. BUT IT WAS ALL WORTH IT!!!
  • courtneycatt
    courtneycatt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Mine varies luckily I am married to a workout nut so this is the workout he came up with

Monday weights lift back run 1.5 miles
    Tuesday weights lift triceps run 20mins intervels
    Wednesday weights abs run 1.5 miles
    Thursday weights biceps run 20mins intervels
    Friday weights legs run 1.5 miles
    Sat and Sun weights abs again! walk 20mins 15 incline!

It is hard work but breaking up the cardio works! Since I started his workout I am back to losing 1 pound a week!
  • time2wrk
    Options
    Hi, neverbeenskinny, good for you toughing it out! I am a bad weather wimp! Yesterday was fabulous and I would up raking leaves after my gym workout since I couldn't get to my front door without wading through leaves.

Today will be a 45 minute step aerobics class followed by 15 minutes of whatever strength training the torturer - er, sorry, instructor, sees fit to do today.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Walked about 45 minutes (shopping lol)
  • time2wrk
    Options
    Healthier Me - Did you find some pants? And get fitted? :-)
  • MiaEllie
    Options
    Started 9/16 with a 2.8 mile brisk walking loop around my neighborhood (everyday).
    Gradually added a second lap (and an umbrella) after a couple of weeks.
    Reached a plateau in weight loss after 3-4 weeks. I added a very light jog to my routine (every other block for half of the total distance)! I Have been working through blisters on the bottom of my heels and knee pain but I am determined.
    Still only a little extra weight loss last week. This most recent week I added a very big hill and made the total distance 3 miles for each lap.
    Have gone from 2.5 mph in the beginning to 4 mph now!
    I finally lost more weight!
    My total weight loss from 9/16 'till now : 11.5 lbs! Whoo-Hooo!!!
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Walking 18 holes with bag. Life is ruff.
  • Najah5150
    Najah5150 Posts: 170
    Options
    Today I took my FAV spinning/kickboxing combo class w/ my co-worker Ashley. I was VERY motivated today...had tons of energy.

30 mins - spinning
    15 mins - kickboxing

And this morning I did 60 crunches. I plan on doing 60 more this evening before I go to bed.
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    I didn't do that kind of shopping =(
  • time2wrk
    Options
    Bummer! Oh well, you got some exercise anyway! :-)
  • helton1515
    Options
    today:

25 minute workout video
    2 mile run
    500 crunches
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    I sure did!
    My glutes are a bit sore though.
    I guess I was sprinting and didn't realize it =)
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    nada- feeling tired and dragged out today. Should have posted in motivation. Sorry
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Today was one of those rare days in the Great Northwest, the sun was out and it was in the high 60's, so I played hooky from work with my friend(shhhh), and went to the Bagby Hot Springs. Hiked 1 1/2 miles up to the hot springs, sat in the tub for a while, then hiked 1 1/2 miles back downhill. It was great. Did I say that my friend is in a wheelchair? I had to push all 200 pounds of him uphill to the hot springs, I was ready for a soak when I got there. Quads were still sore from all the hiking last weekend.

The day was GREAT, until I got to my car...it was broken into and everything was stolen. Why do people have to do that????? I just don't understand thiefs and haters.