Besides your body, what els are you self concious about?

Options

Replies

• nursestewart
    nursestewart Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My large breast. Ouch shoulders, neck and back. No matter how much I lose I NEVER lose it there. After I get fit....they will be reduced. I am working for that goal.....Can't wait!!!!!

It makes me self-concious when I talk to someone and they are not looking at my face but my breast.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    My eyebrows. They are very thick.

be thankful. I have to dye mine-they have all turned gray! And not a single gray hair on my head!
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My acne :-(

Oh gosh this SO used to be me! Like I'd have clear skin for the most part then get nailed with cystic acne. It was horrible! I'd literally take a week off work and just hide in my house.

I still used to get them from time to time to the point I said SCREW THIS! I signed up for ProActiv Solution. It's not that badly priced and I figured if it gives me clear skin and my confidence back, then it's SO worth it!

I love this stuff! Seriously, my skin has cleared up so much it's unreal. Especially during that time of the month! If I do get any type of zit, I use the 'refining mask' to spot treat and it's gone in a day or two.

They always have promotions going on for a free kit. Or a cheap kit. Just a thought....I can't say enough how much better I feel about myself now since having no massive acne problems. I know to some people it may seem dumb, but for me, it meant everything.
  • ecborders
    ecborders Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i absolutely despise my nose! i wish my smile was toothier & my flat hair sucks too.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options
    The fact that I'm balding and my beard is 50% gray already, and I'm not even 32 yet. :sad:

Damn family genetics!

So I keep my head and beard clean shaven now, and I HATE shaving.

My boyfriend is exactly the same and I think he's hot!

Gray is sooooooo sexy on men!
  • sportstercindy
    Options
    I'm self conscious about random whiskers popping up! I used to laugh at my mother and aunt who said, "You won't be laughing when it happens to you!"

I get it now. I'm going to be 30 yrs old this year and sometimes they just come out of nowhere. Yeah, I know, it's sexy. :)

Yeah, isn't it fun when you are feeling pretty good about yourself and someone comes along and notices. It's like they can't stop staring (or does it just feel like that! LOL). Plus I have a long nose and long toes that people love to tease me about!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    My voice. I work in a call center and have to talk all day, but whenever I hear recording of my calls I'm like "Wow, I sound like a 12 year old valley girl."

I also get mocked for my Canadian tendencies. I have a bit of a "Candian accent" according to everyone I know, and they never let me forget it.

AND I'm self-concious about the fact that I am so ridiculously into hockey, people make fun of me and say I'm a man. ]:
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options
    For me it's..............................nose and ear hair. Everyday (sometimes twice) I check to see if any are getting too long and trim it right away. I even keep trimming scissors in my vehicle just in case.

What's yours?

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    , I misread your post and thought you said NOSE HAIR... I should be more conscious of my literacy skills apparently.

I'm self-conscious of my speech (using the proper words, not sounding too idiotic) and fingernails. I bite them occasionally out of childhood habit but have grown them out when I want to.

Job requires me to type though, so long is not practical unfortunately.

~k
    I think she did say Nose hair!
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Wrinkles.:sad:
  • mdailey93
    Options
    My ears nose and forehead are all too big.

My toenails and fingernails grow to fast (I hate my feet in general).

My hair is short now, and I miss having long and feminine hair, but even when it's long it's frizzy and curly.

I have awful acne, and occasionally my eczema flares up.

Wow I have a lot of problems. Lol.
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    My teeth. My employer doesn't offer insurance. It'd be in the thousands to fix them all. Maybe someday I can afford it. It's hard and sometimes I just want to sit and cry. But my family and friends love me. And so does my wonderful boyfriend. So I am lucky that way.
  • mdailey93
    Options
    My acne :-(

Oh gosh this SO used to be me! Like I'd have clear skin for the most part then get nailed with cystic acne. It was horrible! I'd literally take a week off work and just hide in my house.

I still used to get them from time to time to the point I said SCREW THIS! I signed up for ProActiv Solution. It's not that badly priced and I figured if it gives me clear skin and my confidence back, then it's SO worth it!

I love this stuff! Seriously, my skin has cleared up so much it's unreal. Especially during that time of the month! If I do get any type of zit, I use the 'refining mask' to spot treat and it's gone in a day or two.

They always have promotions going on for a free kit. Or a cheap kit. Just a thought....I can't say enough how much better I feel about myself now since having no massive acne problems. I know to some people it may seem dumb, but for me, it meant everything.

I'm happy you said this because I just ordered the basic kit yesterday. I tried it when I was younger, and It didn't do much, but my skin has improved since then.
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My smile; I have one tooth that, even with braces for almost 2 years, it never fully came down so I have to always turn my head to the left slightly when I smile for pictures. I find my ears too big and my feet are WAY too big (size 10 1/2W or 11) I don't like my voice either.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    i guess i would say my face and teeth.

never had money to get braces like everyone else :(

and i feel like a teenager when i break out during stress or TOM lol i'm 21 when does acne go away?
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Facial hair from PCOS. looks like there are a lot of us.
  • maryjay51
    Options
    im not self consious about my body . i am self concious about my height though which is only 5'7" but it always seems like im taller than most guys and i like wearing three or four inch heels ..i just hate that sometimes

aaahh yes and my feet and nails and hair ..i get my nails done faithfully at a salon and every month i get a pedicure .. my greys get colored every month too .. i hate grey hair on myself and do not want anyone looking at my feet unless they are pedicured
  • WinterBlue
    Options
    my brain...I'm obsessed with being smart. ;~)
  • Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Teeth, nose, ears....and pretty much my big, round face.
  • mblanchard0625
    mblanchard0625 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Let just say that I have to deal with my PCOS side effects.

I know exactly what you are talking about, and I concur!
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    The way I walk due to my foot surgery. It will never improve & I just have to learn to live with it.