Who works out 5 days a week?

Options

Replies

• SparksFly460
    Options
    Mondays: cardio kickboxing
    Tuesdays: Morning Zumba class. Evening weights & a Spin Class.
    Wednesdays: Spin Class
    Thursday: Light Cardio & strength training
    Fridays: Spin class. Some weights & then Zumba.

I use to run 4-6 days a week but blew my knees out a few years back...hence I piled on some weight. Spin seems to be the best replacement for me. I get enough of a workout plus it's not as harsh on my knees & the quad strengthening helps too :flowerforyou:

I work doubles on Saturday & Sunday so I have no time to go to the gym. My two days off.
  • kittuk86
    kittuk86 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I dont have a schedule. If i ever make one, I wont follow it . So, my workout is dependent on my mood. I try to get in 3 days of cardio - turbo jam & 2 days of abs/lower body exercises.

My workout for Jan: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/kittuk86/view/jan-2012-workout-that-was-204280
  • Chrissie_R
    Chrissie_R Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i do fitness classes, typically

mon - body pump + zumba
    tue - body balance + aerobics + body combat
    wed - legs bums tums + body combat + zumba
    thu - zumba toning
    fri - zumba + body balance
    sun - zumba + body combat

and that's after i've cut down lol i love my classes!!
  • nurseloopy
    Options
    I work 12.5 hr shifts so I work 3 or 4 days (or nights) a week. On work days I walk alot! I average 28,000 steps so I guess this is exercise?!
    On my days off I run. I run 3 x a week and try to get 1 jillian or yoga DVD in there too :happy:
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Monday/Wednesday: crossfit circuit + 3-4 mile run + some sort of high intensity cardio (pushups, burpees, etc etc)
    Tuesday/Thursday: light cardio
    Friday: crossfit circuit + 6-7 mile run
    Saturday/Sunday: May go for a run one day, may not...

I want to add more weights into my routine.
  • lizjames1971
    Options
    Mon- run at gym
    Tues- trainer (plus sometimes some cardio)
    Wed- run @ gym
    Thurs- home DVD, driveway running
    Fri- long walk
    Sat - outdoor run
    Sun- day off but usually some wii just dance with kids or swimming
  • mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I run every other day for 30-35 minutes with a longer of about an hour at the weekend, I work in a bar 2-3 nights a week and we have to clean from top to bottom at the end of every shift and I've just started walking to work/home again (1.2 miles each way)

Compared to how I used to be i.e. never ran, never walked if I could drive, ate stupidly big portions etc I'm a completely different woman...and I love the new me. The old me doesn't understand...but to hell with her bad habits!
  • charlesb22
    charlesb22 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a half marathon training program, which has 4 days of different running (tempo, speed work, times/distances) and 3 "rest days" - I usually have one proper rest day after my long run (usually Sun, nice to have a rest before back to work!) and the other two "rest" days I do a short upper body weight circuit to keep my metabolism working and boost my strength, still giving my lower body recovery time.
  • robbiefreeland
    robbiefreeland Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Cardio 5 days a week
    Circuit/Strength training 2 days a week
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Just throwing this out there...... i noticed everyone has really good routines going but I didnt see anyone on a LIFTING program. There are a lot of people doing cardio programs but when it comes to lifting people just customize it seems. I do JIm Wendlers' 5/3/1 with the added hypertrophy program and accessory lifts. starting strength by mark ripptoe or layne nortons p.h.a.t are also great lifting programs.

I keep up with sets,reps and weight with progression every workout. I also alternate different type of lifts for each body part to hit different angles. I follow my own powerlifting program from back in the day that I learned from others. Body building I try to get the pump for each muscle. Cardio is more or less a feel. I do keep a log also.
  • malins2
    malins2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    6 days a week
    Monday morning: Weights 30 min (intense), cardio (interval) 30 mins
    Monday evening: running 4-8miles
    Tuesday: Spinning class 1hr
    Wednesday morning: Weights 30 minutes (intense), cardio (interval) 30 mins
    Wednesday evening: running 4-8miles
    Thursday: Spinning class 1hr
    Thursday evenng: running 4-8 miles
    Friday morning: weights 1 hour (intense) cardio 20mins (interval)
    Saturday: Track workout for about an hour
    Sunday REST
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I work out six days a week. Morning and afternoon (though I just started the morning) I brisk walk for about 10-20 mins in the morning (depending on what I have time for) and do light sit ups, lunges and squats.

In the evenings I brisk walk/jog for 30 mins, jumping jacks, sit ups, squats, lunges, 3 days a week I do strength training with bands and a ball.
  • Mabohlale
    Mabohlale Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Monday - Taebo Cardio
    Tuesday - 14 km walk/jog at beachfront
    Wednesday - Kathy Smith Personal Trainer Cardio
    Thursday - 14 km walk/jog at beachfront
    Friday - Kathy Smith Project You FoundationS
    Saturday - Taebo Cardio
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Monday- pilates(60)
    Tuesday- Swim laps (60)
    Wednesday- Just Dance :-) (30)
    Thursday- Swim laps (60)
    Friday- Pilates (60)

Weekends- take kids for walks/swim/bike ride

I take a day off when I need to but never on a lapswim day and only one day per week.
  • RunChinni
    RunChinni Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week, with my rest day on a Sunday...

Monday - Core and Legs and a 2 mile run
    Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday - 4 mile run
    Wednesday - core, chest and back
    Friday - core, shoulders, biceps and triceps...
  • scopester
    scopester Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Just throwing this out there...... i noticed everyone has really good routines going but I didnt see anyone on a LIFTING program. There are a lot of people doing cardio programs but when it comes to lifting people just customize it seems. I do JIm Wendlers' 5/3/1 with the added hypertrophy program and accessory lifts. starting strength by mark ripptoe or layne nortons p.h.a.t are also great lifting programs.

I'm also doing Wendler's 5/3/1. I've done a variety of strength programs through the years and I like this one as well as any of them. Complex lifts that get me in and out of the gym quickly...with steady progression. I'm cutting fat right now so I also do 5 or 6 days of fasted cardio to start my day....and I do rowing intervals on a Concept 2 rower 3 times per week. I plan to add plyo and kenpo when I get to the last 10 or 12 pounds. I'm almost 50 years old now and I've decided that I will never again take cardio completely out of my routine. I'm getting too old for these intense cutting cycles and I've lost interest in hypertrophy at this point in my life. I'm big enough. I just want to remain lean and strong for the rest of my life. I'm following Clarence Bass's Lean for Life schedule from this point on. --scope
  • scopester
    scopester Posts: 129 Member
    Options

How long have you done 5/3/1? I think its one of the best out there
    I switched to it in December when I started this cut. I was looking for something with less volume to better facilitate the reduced carbs. So far, so good. I'm feeling strong. I'm in week 3 of cycle 3. We'll see how long it takes me to hit the first reset.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Monday - Zumba or Cardio/Weights
    Tuesday - Cardio/Weights
    Wednesday - Basic Training or Cardio/Weights
    Thursday - Yoga, maybe Cardio/Weights
    Friday - Cardio
    Saturday - Cardio, maybe Weights
    Sunday - either rest day or Cardio Hip-hop class and Yoga

The weather was nice Monday, so I played tennis. Don't know that will come back for awhile. :grumble:
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    i run 5 miles for two days then have a rest day. I may do a small warm down run or cycle while resting.