Eating 1200kcals and exercising everyday for 1 month...no we

Options
123457»

Replies

• delta77101
    Options
    Thankyou everyone, some great advice

i know people say dont eat carbs but i tried that and was so tired in the evening that i couldnt be bothered to exercise and also went very dizzy when exercising

however if i up my calorie intake then i will be able to eat more protein meals throughout the day which will hopefully give me more energy

One of the major reasons you are so tired in the evening is that you are overtraining and not resting enough - this is your body telling you to stop and rest - listen to it. Eat less carbs, more protein and only exercise every second day
  • deverdad
    deverdad Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I agree with the fact that you're not eating enough. You're exercising a lot and not fueling your body enough. Try upping your caloric intake by 100-200 calories...you should start seeing the scale moving in the right direction. Good luck!

8811731.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I think you are not eating enough for the amout of exercising you are doing.

Agreed! As silly as it sounds, I hit a plateau and started eating a little more and it helped! Maybe try eating a little mor at breakfast and lunch!
  • Twins2007
    Twins2007 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    1200 calories with ALLLLLLL that exercise??

First, You are doing AMAZING in the exercise department!! But your body is running on empty!

I am not an expert and have been STALLED for months but what I am learning is that eating is a huge part of weight loss success...

You can do this!!

E xo
  • Lorie66
    Options
    It sounds like you are not eating enough and then exercising for 1-2 hours and making it less than 1200. Your body is holding onto what it can. Eat back most of the calories you burn and change you exercises to something different and within a few days you will see the weight coming back off. Dont forgot at least 8 ozs of water 8 times a day.
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Open up your diary so we can see it.
  • Jaw_g
    Jaw_g Posts: 46
    Options
    some really good info here!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    1200 calories minus 300 from exercise and 300 from daily activity equals 600 NET calories a day for the body to survive on. That should be your clue.
    Eat about 600 more calories a day or more dependent on your BMR and you'll start seeing a difference.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    10 lbs. a month is pretty fast. I can't see your profile so don't know your starting point but suspect you are trying to lose too fast.

10624035.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tgzerozone
    Options
    I drink abround 3 litres of water a day, my daily diet is below:

Breakfast: Bran flakes or Fruit and Fibre with skimmed milk

Lunch: Heinz big soup (chicken and veg) or tuna and cucumber wholewheat pasta or chicken salad sandwich on wholemeal bread with pack of salt and vinegar french fries

Dinner: 2 poached eggs on 2 wholemeal toast or salmon salad with new potatoes or chicken stirfry

snacks: bananass, apples, mixed fruit and nuts (2 off the list)

I want to lose 50lb which will take me into the ideal weight range, im 5ft 8

Thanks for your reply

You don't seem to be eating much decent protein. Add some lean meat like chicken and fish, every day, not just some days. Ditch the French fries and processed soup packets. You also only eat 3 times a day, bigger meals. I'd make the meals smaller and add in morning and afternoon tea. Stick with 30 minutes interval Cardio, you seem to be killing yourself with exercise. Stick with your diet as well, without knowing your size, I'd up it to 1500 calories, EVERY DAY, into 5 meals. You seem to be eating 900 calories the one day and then 2000 the next. It's not going to work that well. Stay focused on calories, pre-plan your 5 meals, and don't over exercise. As said, try 30 minutes interval cardio training 3 times a week first and eat your 1500 calories everyday, maybe a couple of 100 more for training days. Eat Oats maybe instead of bran flakes, and try some egg whites for breakfast.

1. Your body seems to be in starvation mode.
    2. You don't seem to get enough protein.
    3. I would cut down on the fruit and have something else for snacks rather. don't cut it out, just more moderate.
    4. Stay away from processed stuff like just add water packet of soups. Make your own soup if you like soup.
    5. Try and get more quality carbs from veg rather.
    6. Cut down on the exercise and do some 30 minute interval training sessions 3 times a week.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    1200 calories minus 300 from exercise and 300 from daily activity equals 600 NET calories a day for the body to survive on. That should be your clue.
    Eat about 600 more calories a day or more dependent on your BMR and you'll start seeing a difference.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    ^^^^^^^^^
    THIS

It's not rocket science...trust the MFP recommendations.
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Eat more.
    Eat less processed food.
    Track your sodium intake.
    Eat more.

It takes time to figure out what YOUR body is going to respond to. Play around with your diet, try new foods. You can do this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!