I dont care what the scale says!

Options
I'm more about going after a look and a fitness level than a number on a scale. Anybody else get tired of chasing numbers?

Replies

• Mariposita75
    Options
    Agree!!! i just lost 4 pounds i one month...but went from size 16 to 14 (almost can close a 12) in jeans.So i guess that i'm not going to worry about that scale anymore!!! :)
  • jktjcca
    Options
    I admit, I am a numbers person!
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    My clothes are fitting better and I look thinner but the scale hasn't moved at all! I guess I must be replacing fat for muscle or something?
  • jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    I just tossed my scale. That's because I'm at a point where my weight will go up due to muscle mass. The inches I've lost tell a lot more than weight. Muscle weighs more than fat so it'd be useless to obsess about weight alone.
  • dcfl2012
    Options
    YES YES YES ! :)
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Totally obsessed with numbers! If I dropped 2 sizes and gained 2# I'd want to stab my eyes out! I'm hopeless! :sad:
  • LilMizDetermined
    LilMizDetermined Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I focus more on inches than the scale. Muscle gain and water weight (especially being a woman) fluctuate the scale so much that I use it more as a "good to know."
  • jennilovesryan
    Options
    numbers are fo suckas! hahaha. i'll weigh myself @ the gym once a month where i might actually see a difference. i don't get ppl weighing themselves every day.
  • ambersulli01
    Options
    So, I moved into my house about 10 years ago. I weighed myself and decided that the scale was wrong. I took the scale outside and threw it in the trash. My new neighbor asked me what I was doing (as if it wasn't obvious)... I looked her straight in the face and said, "that scale LIES. IT is the Devil." Yep, I impressed the new neighbors! lol. I still say scales are the devil, but I bought a new one and while I don't like what it tells me a lot of the time, I try and concentrate more on the fact that my clothes are fitting better AND that my stamina during the 30 Day Shred is SO much better.
  • kreat
    kreat Posts: 136
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 30-35 pounds, but I'm also trying to lose about 4-5 inches from my waist. Can you help me find the best ways to lose the inches?
  • abookreader2
    abookreader2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I do not weight myself. I think it is depressing and just go by how I feel. My clothes are my test :)
  • Change_Agent
    Change_Agent Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Absolutely agreed with first post. In fact, I don't really care as much about the lbs as the level of fitness and the way clothes fit. At my fittest point ever I only weighed about 6 pounds less than I do now but I was easily a full size smaller and heading towards 2 sizes smaller.
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    The scale is just torture. I gave it up a long time ago and have felt better since. It's so much easier to judge how you are doing by how you feel and how your clothes fit. The scale coudl say you're at the same weight, but when your jeans are falling off you know you are doing something right.
  • augiedad
    Options
    I just tossed my scale. That's because I'm at a point where my weight will go up due to muscle mass. The inches I've lost tell a lot more than weight. Muscle weighs more than fat so it'd be useless to obsess about weight alone.

Huh?

1 lb = 1 lb
  • sandy729
    sandy729 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Agree!!! i just lost 4 pounds i one month...but went from size 16 to 14 (almost can close a 12) in jeans.So i guess that i'm not going to worry about that scale anymore!!! :)

Same here...The scale hasn't moved in 2 weeks but my pants are loose...I gave the scale to my husband and told him to give it to me on Saturday mornings. The scale depresses me.
  • laFuerte
    laFuerte Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    just talked about this today on my page. i have lost 30 lbs over about nine months but the last two months i really worked it. i was feeling good and continually loosing. but..... just started lifting weights again and i have stopped loosing. i use a heart rate monitor so i know i am getting in good burns. plus i know i have been eating right other than maybe a cheat meal on the weekends. i have to get on board with the not paying attention to numbers thing. it has been hard!
  • Mandys_Getting_Fit
    Options
    I use the scale to get a general idea of how I'm doing, but I focus more on inches lost and my body fat % now.
  • AutieBell
    AutieBell Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm not a numbers person at this point. When I started I was. Granted there is still a little bit of weight I would like to lose. But I am more excited about the way I feel and how much my fitness levels are going up even if the scale isn't going down. I love running!!! Realized today while running that my mile time went down. Not by much but I couldn't be more excited that I am getting bettering at running. For awhile it had seemed like I hit a brick wall. Keeping at it and getting all around healthier is what I am shooting for now!! Rock it out people!!
  • jeepingirrl
    jeepingirrl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I agree! I was so bad with the scale a while back I would weigh myself a couple times a day....it got very annoying!
  • Mirth
    Mirth Posts: 77
    Options
    I pay attention to the numbers, weight and measurements, but I'm a visual person. When I notice a roll of fat missing or that I can suddenly see my jawline again, I get giddy with excitement. Or when I notice a different fit in my clothes...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!