Too stupid to function.

Options

Replies

• brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    If she does tell your friend to punch her in the ovaries and uterus instead of the head. No sense in wasting effort on hitting her head. Would be like beating a dead horse.

Unfortunately I'm actually referring to a different woman than the one in the OP. This one is not stupid, just very loud and apparently has no filter.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I teach college courses part-time and I can tell you that my biggest pet peeve is students that play on their cell phones or surf the internet in class and then ask you to repeat something. It's so rude to the other students who are paying attention and actually care. I tell my students right from the beginning that they are adults and as long as they aren't disrupting class, they can do what they want; however, I will not repeat myself throughout class because they weren't paying attention. OK, I feel better now!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    she is a special kind of stupid.
  • ericabrothers
    Options
    If she does tell your friend to punch her in the ovaries and uterus instead of the head. No sense in wasting effort on hitting her head. Would be like beating a dead horse.

Unfortunately I'm actually referring to a different woman than the one in the OP. This one is not stupid, just very loud and apparently has no filter.

well punching her in the uterus and overies could still be benificial. Especially if her would be children could end up being like her. :indifferent:
  • Munque
    Munque Posts: 123
    Options
    When I'm world tyrant anyone who uses the term "retarded" in that way will be culled.

Ugh, that bothers me too. As I said we share our schedule now with a class that we have never met before, and a different girl interrupted the teacher to tell her how "retarded" something was. I just wanted to be like, you don't fkn know ANYONE in our class. For all you know, one of us could be retarded or have a close family member that is. If I hear her say it tonight I am not keeping my mouth shut. May not say anything to her because she seems the type to pick a fight, but I will certainly let the teacher know so she can stop it.

Exactly. That and "gay" used to describe something negatively. Ugh.

Too funny. I have a gay son, I told him to suck up the stereotypes and name calling because the only way for him to be happy is to not let other peoples opinions bother him. And since then, I call him my little fairy face. lol.

I also have a disabled daughter, she's considered mentally challenged now (but was mentally retarded before, whatever, apparently the dr. had less faith in her than we did) But one day we were doing her homework and I kept explaining the same thing to her and when she finally got it, she face palmed and said "ugh, I'm A retarded" I laughed my ars off. So I say, "I'm A retarded" all the time now.

No offense to anyone, of course, I try not to let words/name calling bother me too much, and I teach my kids the same. I will argue on your side on occasion though, just for the sake of arguing, lol.

Sorry, back to your thread. :)
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Wow... what a moron...
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    I teach college courses part-time and I can tell you that my biggest pet peeve is students that play on their cell phones or surf the internet in class and then ask you to repeat something. It's so rude to the other students who are paying attention and actually care. I tell my students right from the beginning that they are adults and as long as they aren't disrupting class, they can do what they want; however, I will not repeat myself throughout class because they weren't paying attention. OK, I feel better now!

This bothers me too, and I am not even a teacher! I admit, I have been guilty of texting during class--but only when I know the teacher doesn't mind, and we are not doing anything (which is rarely). But this girl brings her phone charger to every class so she can charge it and talks non-stop to her boyfriend during breaks. I text my fiance to see how things are going, occasionally, but do you really miss him THAT much? Especially since I know they live together. O.o
  • jennifermcornett
    jennifermcornett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    When I'm world tyrant anyone who uses the term "retarded" in that way will be culled.

Ugh, that bothers me too. As I said we share our schedule now with a class that we have never met before, and a different girl interrupted the teacher to tell her how "retarded" something was. I just wanted to be like, you don't fkn know ANYONE in our class. For all you know, one of us could be retarded or have a close family member that is. If I hear her say it tonight I am not keeping my mouth shut. May not say anything to her because she seems the type to pick a fight, but I will certainly let the teacher know so she can stop it.

I'm with you! I don't let my students use either of those words in a derogatory way. You never know whom you will offend! :)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options

Too funny. I have a gay son, I told him to suck up the stereotypes and name calling because the only way for him to be happy is to not let other peoples opinions bother him. And since then, I call him my little fairy face. lol.

I also have a disabled daughter, she's considered mentally challenged now (but was mentally retarded before, whatever, apparently the dr. had less faith in her than we did) But one day we were doing her homework and I kept explaining the same thing to her and when she finally got it, she face palmed and said "ugh, I'm A retarded" I laughed my ars off. So I say, "I'm A retarded" all the time now.

No offense to anyone, of course, I try not to let words/name calling bother me too much, and I teach my kids the same. I will argue on your side on occasion though, just for the sake of arguing, lol.

Sorry, back to your thread. :)

Haha that's cute though :) I'M not offended by it personally, but the point is she doesn't know anyone in my class, and someone might be, you know? I don't use that word, even though I'm sure there are retarded people who could not care less, and I don't say something is gay, even though I have a gay friend that says it himself lol
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options

If I hear her say that, I won't even have to say anything. My friend Lauren is openly gay and I'm almost positive she would say something to her. Part of me hopes she does say something is gay.

Irony.
  • recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    What's that old saying?? Poster child for birth control. That's like a warning sign on the side of a steam roller saying "Crush hazard". :huh:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    :noway: WoW
    :sad: crying at humanity
    :huh: she doesn't have a boyfriend...right?
    :indifferent: God I hope not
    If so...I hope they use LOTS of protection :huh:

You make the rather generous assumption that they would use it correctly.
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    Breast pumps filter toxins? Good to know!!!!

Yes, but only the ones with a carbon filter...oh wait...Or am I thinking about my Brita pitcher?
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options

This bothers me too, and I am not even a teacher! I admit, I have been guilty of texting during class--but only when I know the teacher doesn't mind, and we are not doing anything (which is rarely). But this girl brings her phone charger to every class so she can charge it and talks non-stop to her boyfriend during breaks. I text my fiance to see how things are going, occasionally, but do you really miss him THAT much? Especially since I know they live together. O.o
    I would prefer my students pay attention, but I won't say it bothers me when they don't. They are adults and can do what they want (I did the same thing when I was the student), just don't expect me to stop where I'm at and go back so they can catch up. That would suck to be a student and have to listen to the instructor repeat things because some (insert adjective here) decided to play Farmville during class.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I went back to school, hoping to find more intelligent life forms. I am shocked, on a daily basis, by the conversations that I hear and take part in.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    It's "retarded" if you take Wellbutrin while breast feeding. She said "if you like, have to take them then you should at least get a breast pump so you don't hurt your baby".

:noway:

Best. Quote. Ever.
  • frycase
    Options
    She said "if you like, have to take them then you should at least get a breast pump so you don't hurt your baby".

This part is my favourite. :laugh:
  • moamom1
    Options
    Sad to say but I had to work with a young man that would proudly announce as he walked into each room in our clinic that "I'm a Doctor" as he flipped his hair back and flashed a crazy white smile. The man could not tie his own shoe! He had no idea how to work a speculem, could not decide if he was going to do a breast exam and scared a 14 year old pregnant girl from ever having sex again! Turned out he was a second year third year. ( sorry he flunked his third year of school and is doing it agian) He needed to change his entry line to "do you want fries with that?"
  • Psyb3r
    Psyb3r Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it, but in the zombie apocalypse, it's good to not have so much competition for scarce resources. We're going to be glad there are a lot of idiots out there to keep the zombies occupied while we prepare our defense.

HAHAHAHAHA :laugh: I almost fell off my chair at this.... thank you
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am in night school to prep for nursing school, currently in Anatomy and Physiology 2. We were discussing the endocrine system and all the different hormones, like FH and LSH etc. One girl chimed in about the HCG diet and how awesome it was. The professor was dumbfounded since she had never heard of it. After I interjected that you are limited to 500 cal a day on the "diet" the airhead shut up, the professor rolled her eyes and continued with the lecture.
    I can't even tell you how much stupidity I've heard since going back to school, and it's terrifying because most of these chicks are already LPNs trying to get their RN.