McDonalds no longer using pink slime. Since last August

Options

Replies

• Maximus0005
    Maximus0005 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey at this rate only 100 more years before they start using grass fed beef. Of course by then all of our burgers will be in pill form anyway.

Until then I will still enjoy a nice double quarter pounder with cheese (from time to time :-) )
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    mcdonalds-coupons-250x250.jpg

garbage.

those who eat this stuff arent really serious about their health or fitness. ya..ya...moderation...BULLSKIT!!!

Oh my! Aren't we a little presumptious............? If you don't like it, don't eat. Don't judge others who do and tell them they are not serious about health. That is YOUR opinion, not what they are doing. Hate McDonald's all you want, but stop making people feel like they are dirt because they enjoy it. GEESH!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

garbage.

those who eat this stuff arent really serious about their health or fitness. ya..ya...moderation...BULLSKIT!!!

Oh my! Aren't we a little presumptious............? If you don't like it, don't eat. Don't judge others who do and tell them they are not serious about health. That is YOUR opinion, not what they are doing. Hate McDonald's all you want, but stop making people feel like they are dirt because they enjoy it. GEESH!

dirt? oh come on. that is really stretching and twisting what I said. truth is truth. eating garbage when you dont have to means you arent serious about your health.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Weird-Mcdonalds-Mcarabia.jpg
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    who gives a ****? whatever they're using makes their burgers/bread last for YEARS without molding over. just wrong.

You can do that with a homemade (organic, etc.) burger and bun too. All you have to do is make sure they are small enough to dry before they start to mold. What do you think beef jerky, or dried fruit, or even crackers are? I wish people would let the whole doesn't mold thing drop already.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

garbage.

dirt? oh come on. that is really stretching and twisting what I said. truth is truth. eating garbage when you dont have to means you arent serious about your health.

Actually being healthy and fit means you CAN eat MdDonalds sometimes and stay healthy and fit.
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    Ewww...now I remember why I strongly dislike McDonalds. Besides working there for a while.

Blech..
  • cawalt
    cawalt Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am so grossed out about McDonalds! I recently read that their chicken nuggets were only 50% chicken and some of the ingredients including silicone and butane! Every once in a while I would by my young girls Happy Meals from there.... never again! I cannot believe that it is legal to feed people that crap!!!
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

So if I enjoyed a Big Mac from time to time, got physicals and lab work done with no negative results, then I'd still not be serious about my health?

How are we defining "serious about health" here? To me, being serious about my health doesn't require me to freak out about fast food unless there's some specific evidence from my doctor indicating that I should be worried.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I never had an issue with how they process food.
    Their job is not to get me fit and healthy but to continue to provide fabulous food that's cheap.
    McD is like the Heart Attack grill.
    I go there to eat well and indulge - not to nibble on cubed tofu and soy wafers.
    If you don't like it, don't go.
    Most of the world will, and that's why McD always does so well - even in the worst of economic times.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

So if I enjoyed a Big Mac from time to time, got physicals and lab work done with no negative results, then I'd still not be serious about my health?

How are we defining "serious about health" here? To me, being serious about my health doesn't require me to freak out about fast food unless there's some specific evidence from my doctor indicating that I should be worried.

didnt say you have to freak out. the ingredients in that meal are mostly junk and have no real value. why go backwards to get the tasty fat and sodium. much better choices available
  • katismiles
    katismiles Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    the chemicals explain the hurt burn I got after eating there the other day (I was in a hurry and needed food)
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Gross wish I had known that years ago.
  • smallerfyme
    Options
    This discussion is making me crave a quarter pounder with some cheese. I can watch footage of factory food processing all day and it still don't confront my love of greasy, nasty fast food.

PS, I thought the pink slime was ground up chicken bits that they were washing with ammonium nitrate. Oooh, sweet nitrates...
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

didnt say you have to freak out. the ingredients in that meal are mostly junk and have no real value. why go backwards to get the tasty fat and sodium. much better choices available

Thanks for not answering my questions, I guess. My point is that health, and what is required to be healthy, is relative. One shouldn't assume fast food in moderation is going to cause any problems.
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Wait....what if the pink stuff is what makes McDonald's taste so good?

I heart Big Macs #dont judgeme

5499814.png
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    <3 the pink slime. it looks like soft serve strawberry ice cream :) lol
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Not mythical. We have a doctor in town who has had the same unmolded Happy Meal on her counter for 2 years. Sick.
    The myth is about why it occurs. Check the link I posted.

Now why would we want to actually check the links before commenting about them....weirdo!
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    who gives a ****? whatever they're using makes their burgers/bread last for YEARS without molding over. just wrong.

I don't eat Mc Donald's but that is also a myth............
    I agree! Anyone who believes this has never had a kid leave part of a Happy Meal in the backseat. Find that a week later and tell me it doesn't mold.....

That being said, I haven't had McDonald's since I started this in July, but I do love Big Macs!
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I recently read that their chicken nuggets were only 50% chicken and some of the ingredients including silicone and butane!
    Back up your claims, people!