good chocolate recommendations?

Options
13»

Replies

• lealea_803
    Options
    I get my choc fix from Vitatops- Deep Chocolate! Taste just like a brownie and it only 100 cals.
  • Cparent04
    Cparent04 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for something chocolate with added protein... I love Detour Protein Bars (the ones with less sugar). I am not big on the taste of whey protein and these are awesome. I almost feel like I am getting a whole satisfying chocolate bar.... the peanut butter chocolate one is my fav!!!!! Got the variety pack at Costco for $19 USD.
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    For me it is any UK chocolate..(the best ever) or here in the US, it would be See's candy. :blushing:
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I like the skinny cow dream clusters, they come in milk or dark chocolate. They take care of my craving for chocolate.

CAREFUL. Skinny cow has laxative effects warnings on their products and is loaded with chemicals.

See here:

http://www.snack-girl.com/snack/skinny-cow-ice-cream-healthy/
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Is there such a thing as "bad" chocolate??????

YEP. American made milk chocolate is horrible for you. Trust me, my grandparents owned a candy store and I know things.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I agree with Ghiradelli dark with sea salt. Also Lindt Intense Orange dark is delicious too. I also like to go to World Market and get some of their chocolate because they sell it in individually wrapped, single squares. It's good too. I like the Sea Salt dark chocolate and the Champagne and Strawberries dark chocolate.
  • biscuit71
    biscuit71 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've recently discovered Skinny Cow candy. They are very good but not big enough. LOL
  • eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Ghirardelli dark chocolate squares (they are in a red wrapper)... im a chocolate freak and even though i havent had these in a while i can say that one square will take away the craving without leaving you wanting alot more (usually milk chocolate will turn me into a bottomless pitt)
  • biscuit71
    biscuit71 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I like the skinny cow dream clusters, they come in milk or dark chocolate. They take care of my craving for chocolate.

CAREFUL. Skinny cow has laxative effects warnings on their products and is loaded with chemicals.

See here:

http://www.snack-girl.com/snack/skinny-cow-ice-cream-healthy/
  • Reignfyre
    Reignfyre Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I occasionally crave chocolate but want it to be healthy. I make a protein shake with Hershey's baking chocolate and truvia. I can make it with milk, water, protein powder, yogurt, peanut butter or a combo of any of the above. If you use water and truvia it is almost no calories. I usually mix it with something though.
  • Inebriated
    Options
    I enjoy Godiva's 72% Dark Chocolate with Almonds and Foley's Dark Chocolate Chips.
  • LiAn22
    Options
    Weight Watchers - Giant Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream Bar, 1 bar [110/calories 4/Protein 15/sugars] These even come in a new SNACK size; however, I am already spoiled. Good Luck! LiAn:love:
  • SoulNeedsBeauty
    SoulNeedsBeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    id just opt for some extra dark chocolate. I look for chocolate that has no or little added sugar. recently tried Green & Black's organic dark chocolate. it has some really good ingredients. Serving wise, if i want to make sure i dont overeat my chocolate, i but just one Godiva chocolate bar ( the small one) it has 220 cals and come in tons of different flavors.
  • melidau
    Options
    try these choc mint protein bites

•2 scoop Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion mint chocolate protein powder
    •1-2 tbsp chocolate sugar free fat free instant jello pudding
    •1/2 cup quick oats
    •4 tbsp all natural peanut butter or almond butter
    •2-3 packets of sweetener
    •1/4 cup water (use water as needed to make dough like consistency)
    Mix all ingredients together to make a dough like consistency- Make into golf ball size bites. Refrigerate for about an hour or overnight.

If you do not have mint chocolate protein you may use chocolate protein and add 1-2 drops of mint extract!!