Replies

• itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Can anyone who responded to this or reads this question ..

PLEASE

tell me what your daily calorie intake is..and fat/ carb intake per meal..i am not seeing any weight loss after 3 weeks of a 4/5 day workout per week..feeling really sad with myself..but my daily intake accoring to this site says under every day..also..how much water are you ABSOLUTELY drinking daily? thanks

Don't be too hard on yourself. It's a balance to get the calories burned and your intake working properly. I'd say to you, be patient and also consider that you are building muscle. Don't look at pounds lost, but rather measure yourself and look at inches. That's what really counts.
  • abigsmit
    Options
    I'm a rower at university so I train basically everyday:

Monday water-based outing (1 1/2 hours)
    Tuesday circuits (1hr)
    Wednesday erg (30mins-1hr)
    Thursday water outing (1 1/2 hours)
    Friday water outing (1 1/2 hours)
    dancing pm (1 1/2 hours)
    Saturday water outing (2hrs)
    dancing (2hrs)
    Sunday - day of rest! Yay! Unless we have a race, then I'll be rowing for up to 3 hours.
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Right now im doing 30 day shred 6 days a week, and general cardio(running walking whatever) on that 7th day. If I let myself rest for one day, I wont want to go back to it the next!
  • MissMyMy
    Options
    I work out sometimes more than 5 days a week!
    I do a lot of time on the elliptical trainer and I LOVE SWIMMING!
    I do what's easy (and fun) for me, yet burns a lot of calories!

Often times I'll put a movie on netflix and watch it on my phone while I'm working out,
    then before I know it, I'm 90 minutes into a movie, and 900 calories slimmer :P
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I work out every weekday. My "routine" always depends on what I can do that day, and I have A.D.D so i don't have that much structure... usually I'll do yoga, or pilates or run on the treadmill at home and later on I'll go to the gym with my mom and sister and use the elliptical, stairclimber or both. I need more weights and stuff in my routine, I think, because most of the time it seems that all I'm doing is cardio.
  • jwpe
    jwpe Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Mon/Wed/Fri weight/cardio dvd (I then teach 2.5 hours of dance)
    Tuesday: 2 mile walk on treadmill, hour yoga class, 45 min dance class
    Thursday: 2 mile walk on treadmill
    Sat and Sun off other than fun stuff (skating with the kids)
  • dradams13
    dradams13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am going to try to, i am just getting back into this so I do the same stuff at the gym everyday. 20mins on the bike, 25 on the treadmill walking briskly. I wrecked my knee so no running. I will do the olliptical sometimes if i am feeling brave, but it is a little awkward for me. My arms and legs are very fit, but my core is fat. this works for shredding opunds if i can keep it up.
  • ukm84
    ukm84 Posts: 1
    Options
    I workout 5 days a week, but I often change it up depending on how my body feels and how my training split is laid out. I change my routines frequent to keep my body guessing.
  • Gypsyvb
    Gypsyvb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm working on this goal. Don't really have a routine and you may mean weights or muscle building, not there yet. I walk three miles if nothing else. I try to make it to pool aerobics Tuesdays and Thursdays. Today was Nordic Track. and some days its Zumba tapes . Depends on the rain / snow. I vary the choices because it is what I know how to do and changes up the muscles I use.
  • criswell1
    Options
    Mon. - 1 hour Boot Camp
    Tues. - 30 min Eliptical 1 hour Abs & Sretching Class
    Wed. - 1 hour Boot Camp
    Thurs. - 30 min StairMaster 1 hour Body Sculpting Class
    Fri. - 1 hour Boot Camp
  • NettyB62
    Options
    I was involved in an Adult Fitness program at our local hospital in January. I don;t think I will have the funds to do it in Feb. But my trainer had me doing cardio on Tues/Thurs and weight/strength training on M/W/F. I took Saturdays off (due to my job) and then on Sundays..I go out walking or use my home equipment (treadmill & Elliptical)
  • aagnew01
    aagnew01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This is my workout routine as 2012:

Monday- Step Aerobics & toning- after work
    Elliptical or Cardio -30 to 45 min- lunch &/or after work

Tuesday- Core & More Class-lunch
    Muscle Conditioning Class- after work
    Elliptical or Cardio-30 to 40 min- after work

Wednesday- Yoga-lunch
    Elliptical or Cardio 30-45 min- after work

Thursday- Total body Strengthening Class- lunch
    Elliptical or Cardio -30 to 45 min- after work

Friday- Elliptical 30-45 min after work &/or lunch
    Few strength circuits

Saturday – Hot Yoga or Rest

Sunday- Hot Yoga or Rest (If do Hot Yoga Saturday, I do not do on Sunday or vs.)

I work full time and have a toddler. thats why alot of my workout is done at work! oh....AND I have a fitness room at work!
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    Gym Session Monday - Thursday for 1.5 to 2 hours
    -Spin Cycle 1 hour,
    -weight lift (alternate muscle groups) for about 30min to an hour

Sunday is mountain biking from 3-4 hours.
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    I go to the gym six days a week. The only reason I don't go on Saturdays is because the gym opens at eight on Sats and I have to be at work at nine. So mon thru friday i go to the six am classes they have and work out until about seven thirty. Then on Sunday I just go whenever.

The reason I go every day is because if I don't, I know I will quit. In the past, I would say " Oh I don't feel like going today I will go tomorrow, and then I don't go and eventually I quit. But by going in the morning every day before work, I find it makes me feel amazing and it is more addicting. After a few day of not going, you fall back in to old habits and lose your motivation quicker. (Like if I was only going three times a week).
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Yes, I go to the gym every morning before work. For months, I did the crossramp/stepper for 60 to 90 minutes Mon-Wed-Friday, then alternated things like treadmill, bike and weights on Tues-Thurs. Just this week, I started C25K, so I'm doing that (plus focusing on strenght training - arms in particular) on M-W-F now, and did the stepper yesterday and will bike tomorrow. Some weeks I go spinning on Saturday morning, and in the nicer weather (I'm in Michigan), I like to bike and run or walk outdoors on the weekends. I usually always rest on Sunday (unless I do some leisurely biking outside)
  • btor
    btor Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my workouts at 6:30am this semester because of my later class schedule which has been great.

Monday/Wednesday/Friday: 30 minutes of HIIT cardio, 45 minutes of Powerflow
    Tuesday/Thursday: 30 minutes of HIIT cardio, 30 minutes of strength training

Weekends vary depending on what I'm doing, I'll usually do some sort of full body circuit thing at home.

Haven't seen a ton of results so far, but I figure it has to start helping eventually, right?
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    monday: 9 am water aerobics plus 20 min lap swim

tuesday: 8 am water aerobics and 9 am body pump

wednesday: 9 am water aerobics plus 20 min lap swim

thursday: 9 am water aerobics

friday: 8 water aerobics and 9 am body pump
  • admanMike
    admanMike Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    6-7 days / week: strength and cardio and abs

day 1...back/bi for 30 min then elliptical 30-40 min
    day 2..shoulders/legsfor 30 min then treadmill intervals 30 min
    day 3..chest/tri for 30 min then elliptical 30-40 min

day 4-7 Repeat routine of days 1-3 with diff exercises

WIll throw in a bootcamp class now and then. Also run stairs time to time as well.
  • Gypsyvb
    Gypsyvb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Keep working it, this balance is different for everyone battling weight, I am not a professional nor a nutritionist so handing out advice other than persistence works is certainly not my business.
    On a personal level, I like you need to see regular results, not huge results just something. I personally have myself set up for
    a 1200 calorie day, however I fluctuate under and over..... ( under probably not so good for me ) The exercise I feel is my bonus
    to get me that 1 pound a week. That is my personal choice and I do not eat back exercise calories.
    That being said, I make sure I eat prior to exercise ( at least 30 minutes before ) and if I am hungry when I am done and rehydrated I eat , something healthy but I eat. Hope that helps. Chin up even that burns calories. LOL have a wonderful day.