Chicken Breast Recipes

Options
Melissa_Dawn90
Melissa_Dawn90 Posts: 40 Member
Hey guys! I need some healthy chicken breast recipes that are low in sodium. Help!

Replies

• KWgirl69
    KWgirl69 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add a yummy twist to your chicken breast by marinating and cooking it in salsa. It ends up tasting so good. Really adds zing to a salad too.
  • tnwcross
    Options
    Lately I have been baking mine with a little olive oil and garlic powder... my husband and I love them this way. Simple..
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Marinade it in a little oil, soy sauce, garlic and chilli then serve it with plain steamed veg and a baked sweet potato or, organic black beans! You can do the same with a good fish fillet like salmon or a plain white fish too!
  • bekahl
    bekahl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Put your chicken breast on some tinfoil then cover it in a few slices of tomato, a few slices of carrot, some sliced onion, and a tiny bit of garlic. Wrap it all up like a little parcel and pop in the oven for 40 mins. It keems all th moisture in the chicken and helps it to absorb the flavours. Not sure if it's low in sodium but it tastes DELICIOUS! lol
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    trying to eat chicken every day for protein sooo
    bump!
  • boncharlie
    boncharlie Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast marinated in garlic, fresh rosemary and little olive oil.

Chicken stuffed with tomato and basil wrapped in foil.

Chicken stuffed with low fat mozzerella and tomato.

all simple and very delish!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Spicy Chicken & Couscous (serves 4)

MARINADE
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    1½ teaspoons ground cumin
    1 teaspoon ground paprika
    1 – 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce (or ¼ - ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes)

4 (800g) single skinless chicken breast fillets

COUSCOUS
    1 cup chicken stock (or 1 cup hot water & chicken cube)
    1 cup couscous
    40g butter
    2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
    150g baby spinach leaves (or box of frozen spinach)
    Salt & freshly ground black pepper

• Combine marinade ingredients in large bowl.
    • Split chicken breasts sideways – lay your hand flat on chicken, then slice carefully through chicken to make two thinner pieces.
    • Put chicken in bowl and mix the marinade all over the chicken so it is all coated. You can cover & put in fridge overnight if you want.
    • When ready to eat, prepare couscous:
    • Pour boiling stock over couscous in heatproof bowl. Cover, stand for 5 mins.
    • Stir couscous with fork to fluff it up.
    • Melt butter in pan, fry couscous till hot and separated, add raw fresh spinach and cook until wilted. If using frozen, cook spinach in microwave 4 mins, drain, stir into couscous, heat thru. Add rind, salt & pepper to taste. Toss gently.
    • Cook chicken on heated oiled griddle pan or fry pan until browned on both sides and cooked thru – shouldn’t take long – about 6-8 minutes.
    • Serve chicken on Spinach Couscous with lemon.\\If you didn't want to eat the couscous you could just have the chicken - it is really nice, and the spices marinade make it taste so nice - one of my favourites :smile:
  • TiffyC828
    TiffyC828 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Melissa_Dawn90
    Melissa_Dawn90 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this... what does "bump" mean? lol I keep seeing it
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I like to take a bag (frozen) of chicken tenderloins or breasts and put them in the crockpot with Trader Joe's low fat Marinara on top with about 1/4 cup water. This is good served over either whole wheat noodles or brown rice. Yum!
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm a big fan of the crock pot easy-as-it-gets method. I'll toss frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot with just about anything to add flavor to it while it's cooking. Lately I've been on a buffalo sauce kick. Just dump some Frank's Hot Sauce and water in the crock pot on top of the chicken to cook; shred or slice it for all week. I make homemade chicken pizzas, chicken wraps, chicken omelets/scrambles, salads, etc.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    So many ways to cook & marinade chicken!

Last week I dumped some salsa over some chicken breasts and baked it, they were delicious and so simple!
  • schmoozie26
    schmoozie26 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I like to bake or grill chicken breast and then top with some halved cherry tomatoes and mushrooms (or whatever veggies you like) "sauteed" in olive oil and a little soy sauce. Then melt a little mozerella cheese on top! DELICIOUS!
  • lynzy713
    lynzy713 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • clairetillman
    clairetillman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump...bump means you want to save this post for later :)
  • BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    These all sound really good!! *bump* means that it's not an actual reply but it's keeping the topic active and up in the listings so people can still find it! :D
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I'm trying Chicken Rollatini Stuffed with Zucchini and Mozzarella from skinnytaste tonight for the first time. I hope it turns out because it looks delicious!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/08/chicken-rollatini-stuffed-with-zucchini.html
  • nmoreland
    nmoreland Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    my friend made these. she said it is delicious.i made the ones with the ham and cheese rolled inside. also very very good
    I'm trying Chicken Rollatini Stuffed with Zucchini and Mozzarella from skinnytaste tonight for the first time. I hope it turns out because it looks delicious!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/08/chicken-rollatini-stuffed-with-zucchini.html
  • MelanieL1984
    Options
    Marinade it in a little oil, soy sauce, garlic and chilli then serve it with plain steamed veg and a baked sweet potato or, organic black beans! You can do the same with a good fish fillet like salmon or a plain white fish too!

Avoid the soy sauce! Or get a low sodium soy sauce. Soy sauce is the worst w/ sodium!!