Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anyone over 50 on here?

Would like to make friends just started myfitnesspal today. :smile:

Replies

• Hey Patty, I am almost 50. There are quite a few of us on here. Friend me!
  • I am 50 and started using this about a month ago. You are welcome to friend me.
  • lavendergirll
    lavendergirll Posts: 81 Member
    Hey! I here too! Welcome! You are going to really like this place! Lots of great people and support! Pris
  • GlenWalterGal
    GlenWalterGal Posts: 85 Member
    Hi, you can add me if you want, I joined a few weeks ago and I love it.
  • I am 53 and have been using MFP for 3 months----I have lost 40 lbs!! MFP has been a great way to track food and exercise; both essential to losing weight, I think. A big motivator for me has been a weight loss challenge at work that I just won! Now I just need to keep working at it, I'd like to lose 80-90 lbs total.
  • Oh yeah baby and getting better every day. I feel better than i've ever felt. I have more energy, stamina, endurance and wisdom. This is a great place for people of all ages. This is where it is at!
  • catcassetta
    catcassetta Posts: 3 Member
    Hello! I will be 52 next month =) I have been using Fitness Pal on & off for a little while and decided it's time to get serious! I have about 50lbs to lose and realized it's time to stop procrastinating! Looking for support =)
  • Janiot
    Janiot Posts: 187 Member
    Hello Patty, I am 53yr old - joined MFPon Monday and have already lost 1 kg. I'd love to have you all as friends. Jan
  • Hi Patty, I'm 58 - at least for a few more weeks:) I think you will love MFP - it has really helped me. I just joined after Christmas, so I am still learning. I'd love to have some friends who are in the same boat!

13827730.png
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 230 Member
    Welcome to MFP, I'm 51 and I've met a lot of people on here who are in their 50's, it's a great program and works well. I like the accountability you get with your friends. Good Luck to all, feel free to friend me if you'd like I enjoy helping others and motivating with some fun.
  • I am 50 and can use some friends to help keep me going. I have been doing this for four weeks and have lost 7 lbs, but have hit a plateau and feel a bit discouraged.
  • lja20
    lja20 Posts: 54 Member
    Me! I'm 51 and joined 1/3/12. I'm down almost 8 pounds already... hoping to lose a total of 50 this year. Feel free to add me, can never have too much support! Best of luck to you.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    54 here!!
  • I'm 5 today... 5 days that is ... in the other count I'm 60!!!! i know taken me long enough!!!! friend me if you'd like an old friend...lol
  • kat1014
    kat1014 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi..I am 51. Could use some friends. Please feel free to friend me.
  • whynotnana
    whynotnana Posts: 26 Member
    Hi Patti, I am 69 and Im sure you will find lots of help here on this site. I have lost 5lbs and I have been on just about 3 weeks. I have about 20 or so lbs to lose. I also have lost inches--on my waist and hip--maybe just one hip, lol- but it feels good
  • krwebb
    krwebb Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! I'm 51 and just "restarted" my journey on MFP. I used this tool about a year back and lost 21 lbs in 12 weeks. Time came to get rolling again and get more off!:huh:
  • hazjb6
    hazjb6 Posts: 2 Member
    Not 50 but happy to be added as your friend. MFP is a great tool for all ages. So far I have lost 12 lbs and am amazed at how journaling faithfully has kept me committed.
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    52 here! Feel 32...act like I'm 12 at times...I'm adding you!
  • Hi,
    I am 53 and just started using MFP again on Sunday. Tracking takes time but it really does help you to see how quickly calories add up. I am weighing around 180 and my goal is to get to 150. Which I know will take a lot of work and dedication and changin behaviors. That would be truly amazing to weigh 150. I've been a roller coaster dieter for years and always can loose weight but never stick with eating healthy.