Chicken Breast Recipes

Options

Replies

• LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    Throw frozen chicken breasts in the slow cooker with salsa (NO water needed) in the morning. When you get home shred them with a fork, add some fat free sourcream, and stir. I use this mixture in tortillas, to make chicken enchiladas, over salad, and my husband grabs a fork and eats it cold out of the refrigerator.
  • rower75
    rower75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jennifer282000
    jennifer282000 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fluffyrn12
    fluffyrn12 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bump yummy
  • laceykg
    Options
    Bump
  • amyh913
    amyh913 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I just use an assortment of Spices and change it up all the time... there are many premixed ones that you can get these days! So just put the desired amount on both sides, then a bit of olive oil and you end up with a nice juicey chicken breast that has a nice flavour to it :)
  • LosingLadi
    LosingLadi Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    *hungry bump* =)
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    A little oil in a pan, a cup of orange juice, some ginger, garlic and black pepper. You can add soy sauce. Simmer until done. Serve over rice. Add a salad or steamed veg on the side. You can always mix marmalade with ginger, garlic, black pepper, smother a chicken breast with it and BBQ it. Also great on any fish.
  • bestmeicanbe84
    bestmeicanbe84 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just throw a bag of frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot with a little salt and pepper and cook for about 4 hours. It shreds apart very easily and we use it in various things throughout the week. You can reseason it for whatever you are making.
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    hey heres good option

take 1 chicken breast and cut middle open in half, but dont detatch the whole chicken....

fill the inside with light philadelphia cheese and use a cocktail stick to close over chicken

cover in tin foil and put in over. -- amazing and extemely low in calories.

chicken breat - 160 claories
    light philadelphia cheese - 40 calories
  • Hils01
    Hils01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is cheap and cheerful and very tasty - take one can of ratatouille ( check out various brands for salt content) - add a sprinkle of chilli flakes if you like a kick to your food - and just pour over chicken breast and bake.:wink:
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Cut it into strips, sprinkle some Piri Piri seasoning over it (you know seasoning jars, they are only like €2 each) and cook them on the George Foreman. So simple and so.... SO yummy x
  • nibbles40
    Options
    ummmmm loads of different ideas on here !!!

Split your chicken so it opens flat, soya sauce in a dish, sprinkle Fajita spices in mix well, coat chicken leave for 15 mins then griddle or cook in oven, serve with veg or salad, YUM YUM
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    If you like spicy food, I cut up chicken breast and put cayenne on it while cooking. When the chicken is fully cooked, I dump in fresh cut pineapple and mix it all. I only cook it long enough to warm the pineapple, not overly cook it. The cayenne takes down the tang of the pineapple a couple notches, and the spicy works well with it.

Then, its totally up to you! You can just eat it like that (which I do often) or you can put it on a small amount of plain rice (mostly when I have company or I need to make larger amount for lunches or something)
  • fatboy235
    fatboy235 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    chicken breast in a baking dish, add diced tomatos with chilis, onions, mushrooms and a little bit of low fat moz cheese. Bake covered for 45 minutes on 350 degrees depending on your oven maybe 5 or 10 minutes more or less.
  • ChefSuzzieQ
    Options
    I am a Pampered Chef girl and we use our grill press and pan all the time. We have a lot of different rubs and seasonings so we can have our chicken in several different flavors. IT doesn't get old. You can use a little oil or just put the rub right on the chicken. It doesn't take long either. We usually have some steamed veggies and occasionally rice on the side.

You can get a grill pan ion most stores. Or I know they are going to be going on special in March through the Pampered Chef. Ours was a great investment. We use it for a lot of different meats and veggies.
  • omoalpha
    Options
    hmmm,,, this sound soo gooooood! i'm going to try it
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • catundra75
    Options
    Excellent ideas! Thanks for posting.