milk education

So all you nutritionists / health-food-gurus...
Question in a nutshell: Soymilk, Almond milk, Rice milk, or Cow milk?? Usually just bought cow milk, skim or 2%, made the switch to Almond milk and enjoyed it...but nutrition-wise, is there a better option? Is it just a matter of taste?

Replies

• lcchrt
    lcchrt Posts: 234 Member
    bump
  • deluda
    deluda Posts: 146 Member
    I'll be anxious to see what is said on this. I love soy milk but my hubby has an allergic reaction to milk fat so I pretty much stay with skim all the time.
  • richnluv
    richnluv Posts: 3 Member
    Check out this link http://www.eatingwell.com/healthy_cooking/healthy_cooking_101/shopping_cooking_guides/a_buyer_s_guide_to_milk_part_ii

I took dairy out of my diet for about 3 weeks for other reasons but once I put it back in my stomach immediately said "No!" I'm going back to Almond Milk...I can't remember why I stopped buying soy milk.
  • Ariaeko
    Ariaeko Posts: 16 Member
    I'd be interested in hearing opinions on this as well. I've just made the switch from dairy to almond milk for it's perceived benefits and as I am trying to cut dairy out of my diet. :)
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Unless you have an actual allergy or medical reason for not having dairy, then the only reason to not drink cows milk would be one of personal preference/taste.

If Dairy does not give you negative effects then you should enjoy it!