Tuna Lovers! HELP!

Options

Replies

• Serenavictoria
    Serenavictoria Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love tuna. Canned or in steaks.

I was on a strict diet from my sensei in 2003 (and god was I in the best shape of my life then). I had to eat at least one can of tuna a day. I would still do that, I love tuna. Over greens, in a sammich, straight from the can... But unfortunately the smell of canned tuna makes my boyfriend sick. Even if I have made something tuna hours before he has came home, he can smell it and it makes him sick (like physically).

But he enjoys seared Ahi Tuna (so simple to make). And of course, sushi. NOM!

Canned tuna: I love tuna melts (with pickles). Used to eat tuna over greens with lemon squirted over it. Also, tuna omnigiri. Yummy.
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    mine is easy. soy sauce, white rice, tuna and cheese.

not the most nutritious but OMG does it taste yummy.
  • kayleighfred
    Options
    Morrison's do little packets of loveliness called tuna tasters,not many calories and lush :-)

They're kind of like a seasoning thing you mix in with tuna,not brill on the salt front so maybe not for every day but OK once in a while!

I like the jalapeno and lime one with wholewheat pasta

Xx
  • neznarf0205
    neznarf0205 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I saw one similar to mine but

Can of tuna
    tablespoon of relish
    Light Italian Dressing.

I started this to eliminate the mayonnaise but now I love it.
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I love tuna meatballs a la Jamie Oliver.

Chop up some tuna steak and fry it lightly with cinnamon and pine nuts. Let it cool a bit and then squish it up in a bowl with an egg, some breadcrumbs and fresh parsley. Make into meatballs and chill for a bit so they hold.

Make a nice fresh tomato sauce. Pop the meatballs back in the pan and cook them through. Top with the tomato sauce.

Personally I'm happy to eat a bowl of them on their own but obviously you can serve them with pasta or a bit of ciabatta or something.

Tuna heaven.
  • lmz1100
    Options
    I make spicey tuna wraps:

mix tuna with hot sauce and light mayo
    spread on low fat/carb wrap
    top with fat free cheese and warm up
    top with lettuce, tomato, and onion if you want

Ok, this sounds delish, going to try it today!!!
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    dang...I'm getting hungry now!
  • AmandaJ1957
    Options
    I read somewhere that if you wear a rhinestone collar with a little bell attached, it makes tuna taste better.

LOL!
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I eat this all the time, cheap fast yummy!
    1 small onion diced
    1 can mushrooms stems and pieces
    1 can tomato soup
    1 can tuna
    siracha to taste
    combine and micro wave 3 min(watch for boil over!!)
    you can saute or nuke the onions to soften, I like mine a little crunchy
  • Mommyofseven
    Options
    Good grief, had to eat tuna today after all these offerrings! I mixed a pouch of tuna with a cup of shredded raw cabbage and 2 tablespoons of creamy Caesar. Awesome.
  • ReedOwens
    Options
    We make tuna melts on english muffins open face and bake them in the oven. They are real good!
  • becbek
    becbek Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad:

1 can tuna
    2 cups of lettuce (whatever you like - a lettuce and spinach mix is good too)
    1 oz of feta cheese or blue cheese (I think blue cheese tastes better with tuna)
    nuts (almonds, pecans, pine, walnuts, etc - watch how much you add - high fat content)
    1/4 cup fruit (mandarin oranges, dried cranberries, etc)
    1/4 cup of chopped onion (I like red onion especially with feta)
    2 T of dressing ( I like Ken's Lite Caesar, but you could use any light dressing)

Put all this in a plastic container with a lid and shake it so that the tuna and dressing get completely mixed in with all the lettuce. I find this way, I don't use a lot of dressing, because it coats the lettuce evenly.

I actually stole this from Harry Buffalo's restaurant, but they used a large piece of salmon on top and not tuna. I guess this is the poor man's version.

I just added this up today and it was 615 calories. I used pecans which are pretty high in calories (196/ 10nuts) and 3T of dressing. Next time I will use a different nut. Although it is still good fat, not bad fat.
  • becbek
    Options
    Yum
  • becbek
    Options
    I love tuna meatballs a la Jamie Oliver.

Chop up some tuna steak and fry it lightly with cinnamon and pine nuts. Let it cool a bit and then squish it up in a bowl with an egg, some breadcrumbs and fresh parsley. Make into meatballs and chill for a bit so they hold.

Make a nice fresh tomato sauce. Pop the meatballs back in the pan and cook them through. Top with the tomato sauce.

Personally I'm happy to eat a bowl of them on their own but obviously you can serve them with pasta or a bit of ciabatta or something.

Tuna heaven.

Yum
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
  • RedSunshine365
    RedSunshine365 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I love to eat this either alone or mixed in a bed of green lettuce

TUSCAN-STYLED TUNA SALD

2 cans of tuna (drained)
    1 15oz can of great northern beans (drained,rinsed)
    10 grape tomatoes, quartered
    4 green onions, trimmed, chopped
    2 tb extra virgin olive oil
    2 tb lemon juice
    1/4 teas salt
    Pepper to taste
  • manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My favorite growing up was

1 can Tuna
    1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
    1 box Mac N Cheese
    Shredded Cheddar

Cook mac n cheese according to directions. When finished and prepared, add tuna and soup and mix well. Top with shredded cheese, and bake in oven until cheese is melted and casserole is hot.

My kids love this.
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing
  • marvelousmeg422
    marvelousmeg422 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Solid white albacore with red wine vinegar, a hint of mayonnaise light( whip the two together), and then lemon juice, fresh cut apple, celery, onion, and Spanish olives. also, if you have any on hand- hard boiled egg. It's the best thing I've ever tasted. Sometimes I add sunflower seeds!
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Some yummy recipes here!

I just make a simple Tuna mornay.

Melt a knob of butter, add enough flour to absorb, add skim milk till it is a thick runny consistency, add 1 can creamed corn.
    In another pan lightly fry 1 small onion and a tin of tuna, then add to above mixture.
    Yummy on toast.