Could someone please look at my food diary?

Options

Replies

• iwannarun1095
    Options
    Also, I record my exercise calories using a running watch that knows my weight, so I am pretty sure that it is accurate.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Also, I record my exercise calories using a running watch that knows my weight, so I am pretty sure that it is accurate.

Unless you happen to be the avg person they made the formula's based on, no it's not.

You are fit. So unless you are really pushing yourself just as hard as when you started, meaning your heart rate and breathing, you are likely burning much fewer calories on those long runs compared to what you used to do.

That type of watch won't know what level of effort you are at. Keeping the same pace as months ago has become more efficient for your system, and less stress. Meaning less energy needed, less calories burned.
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Keep an eye on your carb/protein ratio as well, I'm looking at Jan 30, you show 228 carbs but only 32 protein. Try to balance those two out more. I would be starving on that low of protein a day.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    You may not be logging your calories accurately enough. Try weighing everything out to the gram and being as accurate as possible. Calories out may be overestimated and calories in underestimated, closing the deficit gap, and with only a few calories spare every day you're probably not actually creating the deficit intended.
  • Leafeh
    Leafeh Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would try to down the carbs and high the protein
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options

Weight alone not enough...

You need a chest strap HRM that takes into account your accurate VO2 max, ACTUAL MHR (NOT 220-age- Far too inaccurate especially for women), your RHR, Heart Rate variability, Height, Weight, Gender, General Activity level...then you'll get closer to what you're actually burning, but even then, that number will undoubtebly be inaccurate too I'm afraid, just a reasonable estimation.
  • eagle_01
    Options
    I know this may sound crazy but you may not be eating enough for your age, your usual activity that you don't log and are therefore causing your body to stall your weight loss. I was eating 1200 calories and lost just four pounds, then didn't lose anything with a ton of exercise. I have been dieting since I was 14 and find it harder every year. I listened to the following podcosts and upped my intake to about 1800 and do less exercise, and I'm happy with the result, initially I went up a bit and went down to a 3.8pound loss, but I'm a week and a half in and this week my total is 4.4 pound loss. Not much again, but I'm hoping that speeds up soon, and I don't even feel like I'm dieting now, so hopefully this is a sustainable lifestyle choice rather than a dieting phase for me.

Podcasts
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/2009/04/fat-2-fit-62-why-cant-i-lose-weight/
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/2011/03/fat-2-fit-121-running-and-weight-loss-plateaus/
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/2011/02/fat-2-fit-118-the-evils-of-starvation-diets/
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    as you have so little to lose i don't think you are eating enough

are you eating your exercise calories? are you drinking enough water?

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle building, and reducing fat. This means it is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode).

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I've been in a similar position to you... I was within healthy BMI, and was running 5 days a week. It is very hard to lose the last few kilos.

I'd suggest mixing up your workouts, adding some weights, or swimming, or hill-climbs to use those muscles that you don't use when you run. It REALLY helps your run times if you climb hills and really get your lungs and heart pumping. That's what I found helped to shift weight. Circuit training, too... I hate it, but it works.

Also, you are just flat out not going to lose 2 pounds a week in a healthy way. I think someone else did the maths earlier, but I can just tell you that the weight won't move that quickly. Set a low goal of 1-0.5 pounds, as that is more realistic.

Your food diary looks fine to me.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Please tell me what I'm doing wrong...I'm not losing anything
    Are you still binge eating?
    What ever became of that?
    Do you have an eating disorder?

Your logs do not reflect this...but you said it was an issue in an earlier post.
    I detect a red flag here.
  • chooklady
    chooklady Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Looks good and healthy. Maybe you are like me, putting on weight at first but not losing fat because I was exercising more . Then people told me to watch sodium , Drink lots of water. I couldn't have stuck it out without fitness pal friends. Just starting to turn the scale after 3 weeks hard work . But there are other benefits ; fitness and energy!
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    doesnt seem as though your eating enough protien.... maybe try n up the protien and lower carbs a little???
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    Your eating a lot of carbs and always going over?
  • californiahomegirl
    Options
    Your diary looks good. You could try drinking more water. Depending on when you started, you could have built up some muscle, too. It weighs more than fat. Don't give up--there are plateaus!
  • VAMommyAgain
    VAMommyAgain Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Here are my suggestions:

-set your goal to 1 lb loss/wk MAX....maybe even go to 1/2 lb/wk (I do not think you are eating too many cals AT ALL)

-you need MORE protein! Try to get 30% protein/30% fat/40% carbs (if you have the iPhone app this is easy to track on the pie chart they use for the macros)

-start lifting weights (I HIGHLY recommend reading The New Rules Of Lifting For Women...your library probably has it)
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Looking at the few posts she has had, I'm guessing either she doesn't know how to find topics she started, or doesn't really care, or is only reading what she wants to hear and therefore not responding to those truly trying to offer useful help.

This ^

I agree, I just saw the postings she has made in the past.
  • nutteranna
    Options
    Keep an eye on your carb/protein ratio as well, I'm looking at Jan 30, you show 228 carbs but only 32 protein. Try to balance those two out more. I would be starving on that low of protein a day.
    thats exsactly what i was thinking, too many carbs in your previous days, i'd recomend eating less carbs AND stready your callorie intake through the day, for exsample in the morning and lunch have the more callories and a light tea that way your having the most in morning and lunch and it burnes longer before the next day but make sure you have a light tea (i often have veg soup for tea), try to have more callories at lunch hun insted of eating so much for breakfast, share out the main food intake between breaky and lunch but don't go over your daily recomended intake, your working hard but i'd say deffo cut down on the carbs hun
  • mummytee87
    mummytee87 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Took me 4 weeks of healthy eating and exercise before anything came off, then it was coming off 2-4lbs a week.. Sometimes it just takes a little longer... Keep up the good work though x
  • paleojamie
    Options
    you clearly need 6 small meals
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Please tell me what I'm doing wrong...I'm not losing anything

You aren't eating enough if you are at a healthy or near healthy weight to begin with. Your diary shows you set to 2lbs per week loss but you only want to lose 15lbs. 1200 calories isn't enough to coax your already healthy body to shed the little bit extra you want off.

Read this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits

The guy who wrote that is actually a trainer AND lost weight doing this so he actually knows what he is talking about.

^^^^^^^^ I agree with this 100%, you should up your calories to between 1400-1800