Quick, easy high protein breakfasts?

Options

Replies

• aschr690
    aschr690 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey I do this as well, I use Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein Powder (so far only in cookies n cream) and it dissolves well. Doesn't taste too bad either!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I just heated up a small pan, threw a sandwich thin in the toaster, cooked two eggs in the pan, grabbed the sandwich thin out of the toaster, threw the cooked eggs on there, squirted on some hot sauce in less than 2 minutes. Easy enough!
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I eat a Marathon energy bar. The peanut butter one is 210 calories with 20 g of protein and the chocolate nut burst is 280 calories with 23 g of protein. They are very good and also fill me up until lunch.
  • wkrivera
    Options
    I use Herbalife Personalized Protein Powder, it contains 5g of soy/whey protein and all 9 essential amino acids. It has no favoring/taste to it. So adding it to your favorite drink is awesome! You can get at at www.goherbalife.com/nutriusacol
  • rayleansout
    Options
    Make egg whites ahead of time - store in plastic baggies, heat in the AM! Bam protein in a flash!
  • xtravisfx
    xtravisfx Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I usually each quaker quick oats with a scoop of chocolate protein powder mixed in and then I like to add a cup of fresh bluberries. Microwave the oats for 80 seconds (1/2 cup of oats with just under 8 ounces of water), mix in the protein and the blueberries and then microwave another 15 seconds get the bluberries softened and warmed a bit. The last 15 seconds isn't necessary, but when the blueberries are warm, it reminds me more of a chocolate blueberry pie...
  • jutymo
    jutymo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My wife is putting chocolate protein powder in her coffee, gives her the caffeine and 25g of protein. Haven't tried vanilla but pretty sure it will taste ok, like french vanilla creamer.

Can you please tell me what kind of protein powder she uses? I've tried this with a few different kinds and can't seem to find one that dissolves in coffee. Thanks!

Champion Pure Whey Stack dissolves nicely in water so I'd guess it would work in coffee. Chocolate in water tastes just like Nestle's Quik.
  • jutymo
    jutymo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.

I don't really like greek yoghurt much, too sour for my liking and not enough flavour. What do you have with it though?

Add splenda or other sweetner. I also use Torani sugar free black cherry and throw in 4 dark sweet cherries in my Greek Yogurt. Very tasty that way. I often have that along with a WW smoky string cheese wrapped in deli thin ham slices. Good amount of proten in all of that....
  • newfieborn
    Options
    I usually have low fat cottage cheese mixed with yogurt. This is quick , easy and it gives me both carbs and protien.
  • adamsonam
    Options
    I make muffin sized crustless quiche with cheese and veggies of choice on the weekends. They can be frozen in baggies of one or two and pulled out of the freezer. By the time I get to the office they are defrosted. A quick warm up in the microwave and protein rich yummy breakfast is served!!!!
    Recipe for the crustless quiche please?!
  • adamsonam
    Options
    I always have microwave turkey bacon and turkey sausage in the fridge at work. The other night I also made Weight Watchers Quiche Cupcakes, this way I just have to heat them in the morning. They taste great.
    Recipe for the quiche cupcakes too please?
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Baked Egg Cups

This is an AWESOME recipe that you can make ahead of time then refrigerate or freeze and then pop into the microwave later for a quick, on-the-go breakfast or snack.

Ingredients:
    Canadian Bacon - I found some that was 60 cal for 4 slices
    Egg - 1 for each cup - 70 cal
    Shredded Cheddar cheese - 1/8 cup for each cup - 55 cal

Directions:
    In a non-stick muffin/cupcake pan, line each cup with 2 slices of canadian bacon. Crack 1 egg into each cup on top of the canadian bacon, top with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese

Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 15-17 min. Serving size: 2 cups; calories per serving 300.

You can also serve these open faced on multi-grain muffins (100cal) for a 400 cal breakfast. This is LOADED with protein to keep you going throughout your day!

*I got this recipe from Lynnskitchenadventures.com
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I also like the breakfast muffin recipes. Add whatever you want to them and they keep all week long!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I use a microwave omelet maker and it takes only a minute and a half! I just crack two eggwhites in there with a handful of pre chopped onions I keep on hand and some frozen green and red peppers. I fold it in half and eat it on light multigrain toast. The whole thing is like 100 calories. Love the microwave! If you can't buy the egg cooker, two saucers works, but not as well. Make sure you spray the bottom saucer, crack the whites in there, put the other plate on top and into the microwave it goes. Takes less than 1 minute :)
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Baked Egg Cups

This is an AWESOME recipe that you can make ahead of time then refrigerate or freeze and then pop into the microwave later for a quick, on-the-go breakfast or snack.

Ingredients:
    Canadian Bacon - I found some that was 60 cal for 4 slices
    Egg - 1 for each cup - 70 cal
    Shredded Cheddar cheese - 1/8 cup for each cup - 55 cal

Directions:
    In a non-stick muffin/cupcake pan, line each cup with 2 slices of canadian bacon. Crack 1 egg into each cup on top of the canadian bacon, top with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese

Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 15-17 min. Serving size: 2 cups; calories per serving 300.

You can also serve these open faced on multi-grain muffins (100cal) for a 400 cal breakfast. This is LOADED with protein to keep you going throughout your day!

*I got this recipe from Lynnskitchenadventures.com

I do these at home and I pour just a smal amount of syrup on the bacon before I break the egg in it , then serve on a english muffin...delish !!!!!!!!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    My wife is putting chocolate protein powder in her coffee, gives her the caffeine and 25g of protein. Haven't tried vanilla but pretty sure it will taste ok, like french vanilla creamer.

Can you please tell me what kind of protein powder she uses? I've tried this with a few different kinds and can't seem to find one that dissolves in coffee. Thanks!

I like to buy the premade Atkins protein shakes (Cafe Caramel is AWESOME) and put that in my coffee like a creamer. The whole thing has 15g of protein.

Protein bars are a easy breakfast to grab on the go. Eggs are fast in the microwave, or boil them while you get ready (or on the weekend and keep in the fridge). Greek yogurt is good too (I like it with 2 packets of stevia and 1/2 cup of frozen fruit).
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm having one right now :-)

My top 3 favs:
    --- Greek yogurt (Chobani or Yoplait Greek 2X protein are my favs) w/ a cup of blueberries or strawberries mixed in.
    --- Subway english muffin(whole wheat) w/ turkey, egg whites, provolone, green peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and red wine vinaigrette.
    ---Whole wheat bread (my fav is Arnold's becuz it's only 80 cals for 2 slices) w/ low sodium sliced turkey (love Hillshire Farms) and brown mustard.

I know the turkey isn't 100% good for you since it's processed meat but it's pretty filling and runs around 250-300 cals for each. I also used to cook a cup of lean ground turkey w/ some Mrs. Dash and cumin to eat w/ whatever other bfast foods I want.
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I actually like to drink a Light Muscle Milk, which has 15 gm's of protein and then I get a jr sonic burrito with just egg and sausage (of which it has very little of both in), but it gives me a bit more protein. I usually just eat a bit of the tortilla part and throw the rest away. This has worked for me.
  • KPopovski23
    KPopovski23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is the best and really high in protein - 18g!
  • metatuem
    Options
    I like the frut on the bottom greek yogurts. They have approx 12-15 grams of protein in the 5.3 0z, and no fat. I like to spinkle a 1/4 cup of Nature's Own, Flax Plus Pumpkin Flax Granola. Realy statifying.