Recipe Swap Week 20

Options
inskydiamonds
inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
PLEASE READ THIS WHOLE THREAD BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING!

Recipe swap is a fun group where every week two recipes are shared by our members to be cooked by everyone else in the group!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/454606-recipe-swap-week-18
If you make a recipe from week 18, please post your review of it on that post.

THIS WEEK wilsonshome AND TerryBeeBee ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SHARING RECIPES FOR THE REST OF THE GROUP TO MAKE.

Hopefully the recipes are posted today or tomorrow.

1. Sign up by making a post in this thread and I will add you to the member list.
2. Every week there will be TWO recipes/meals submitted by two members. Each member of the community should make the recipe and post their opinions about the recipe/meal, changes they may have made, etc.
3. Each week there will be a new recipe swap post on the MFP boards. This post will be the place that the members responsible for the recipes for the week will post them as well as the place where you should comment about the recipes/meals you cooked. If you make any substitutions or other changes in the recipe, tell us that as well. And by all means, if you take pictures and want to share them, do!

For more information and for the recipes from last week and the member list, check out here: https://docs.google.com/a/u.pacific.edu/document/d/1fqBAaFmtHqOq76VlmyASTE8LX-FnUnYWCYY7QTu6q1o/edit?hl=en_US

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    bump
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Found you!
  • nursestewart
    nursestewart Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    bring it on ! can't wait to try something new !
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    BUMPING week 20
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    bumping but will not be able to partipate this week, vacation time! But when I get back???
  • WilliamsYaYa
    Options
    bump
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    bumping but will not be able to partipate this week, vacation time! But when I get back???

have a great vacation!
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options

have a great vacation!

Thank you very much!
  • kasseyrichards
    Options
    Bump
  • CoachCrystalJ
    CoachCrystalJ Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love a good recip. Please add me to your list.
  • AnastasiaMarieA
    AnastasiaMarieA Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Please add me to the list!
  • jennipooh82
    jennipooh82 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Waiting, bump!
  • wilsonshome
    Options
    This is a low-fat Alfredo sauce for pasta, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.

Gruyere Sauce (4 servings)

INGREDIENTS

4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
    1 cup 1% milk, divided
    1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese, (2 ounces)
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
    1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, (1 small clove)
    1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
    Freshly ground pepper, to taste

PREPARATION
    Whisk flour with 2 tablespoons milk until smooth. Heat the remaining milk in a saucepan over medium heat until steaming. Add the flour mixture; cook, whisking, until the sauce bubbles and thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in Gruyere, chives (or parsley), garlic, salt and pepper.

NUTRITION
    Per serving: 106 calories; 6 g fat ( 3 g sat , 2 g mono ); 18 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 5 g fiber; 247 mg sodium; 386 mg potassium.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

INGREDIENTS

1 cup 1% milk, divided

PREPARATION
    Whisk flour with 2 tablespoons milk until smooth. Heat the remaining milk in a saucepan over medium heat until steaming. Add the flour mixture; cook, whisking, until the sauce bubbles and thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in Gruyere, chives (or parsley), garlic, salt and pepper.

NUTRITION
    Per serving: 106 calories; 6 g fat ( 3 g sat , 2 g mono ); 18 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 5 g fiber; 247 mg sodium; 386 mg potassium.

OMG! I was totally thinking about throwing together an alfredo sauce using Greek yogurt. Maybe I will sub it for the milk and flour. Can't wait to try this.
  • inskydiamonds
    Options

INGREDIENTS

1 cup 1% milk, divided

PREPARATION

NUTRITION

Everyone has been added.
    This looks delicious!
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    It's Thursday morning and we are one recipe short this week.

Someone share a recipe! The first person to share becomes the 2nd recipe for the week!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Slow Cooker Easy Cheesy Chicken
    6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    2 (11 ounce) cans condensed cream of Cheddar cheese soup (I use Healthy Request)
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 teaspoon garlic powder

Put chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle with seasonings. Pour soup over top. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. I serve mine with broccoli. Yummy!

The soup only adds about 58 calories and one gram of fat per chicken breast.
  • drichter
    drichter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please add me to the list! Thanks.
  • laurahess1
    laurahess1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Please add me. This sounds like fun! That's two less days a week that I have to figure out meals. Thank you!
  • koumbay
    koumbay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bump