Quick, easy high protein breakfasts?

Options

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I haven't made these, but you could make ahead protein pancakes and reheat:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/video-jamie-eason-pumpkin-spice-pancakes.htm
  • fit4spot
    Options
    Porridge or Pinhead Oatmeal is the best breakfast ever. It is a brilliant healt food, helping to keep blood sugar level and a great start to the day. Porridge can be cooked in the microwave in minutes. Pinhead Oatmeal needs soaking overnight and also cooked in minutes the next morning. Breakfast is too important to skip and a healthy one is the first step to successful weightloss! Good luck
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    On Sundays, I portion out the following for the entire week - mushrooms, bell peppers, onion, fresh spinach into containers. Every morning, I add 1/2 cup liquid egg whites & pop in microwave for 2 minutes. I top it off with Weight Watchers Pepper Jack cheese slice & it's ready to go.
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm not one for a hot breakfast, though I'll occasionally do a PB&J on toast just to change things up. But otherwise, my standard breakfast is one cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch (it has a slight cinnamon taste--I can't start my day by forcing something down that I don't enjoy, this is actually pretty tasty) with a cup of 2% milk. 17 grams of protein, and enough calories and carbs to get me through my morning without getting hungry.
  • lpeace2u
    lpeace2u Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I hard boil eggs on Sunday night to have for the week. Slice them on whole wheat toast or english muffins.
  • brenteesha
    Options
    So many great ideas! I love reading boards on ideas for breakfast. The idea of mixing yogurt with Kashi Go Lean and fruit was definitely an eye catcher! And I definitely want to try some of these egg cup recipes.... but by far my favorite was the casserole towards the beginning, where you line a pan with hash browns and put eggs/meat/cheese on top! I'm definitely trying that next week (: Thanks for the info everyone!
  • grnberyl
    Options
    I sometimes make an egg pancake, take 4-5 egg whites and add one scoop of protein powder, plus a little bit of water or skim milk, and you can either cook it in a pan like a pancake or stir it up like a scramble. Sometimes I add some chopped apple or raisins and cinnamon. It's really good!
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    How long does it really take to make some scrambled eggs, 3 minutes?
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I take a half cup of dry curd cottage cheese, mix it with a 100 g or 140 g of flavored Greek yogurt, and put the whole thing on top of a piece of toast or half a blueberry bagel. Delicious!
  • njbooklover
    njbooklover Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    eggs/egg whites! I love them, they fill me up, and I make time to have them almost every morning!! (Or I super hungry before I am able to eat lunch...and end up over eating!) Honestly, most days I eat them in the car as I'm driving- on thin tortillas or a light english muffin. I always put a piece of cheese on it too. (something processed that I can't give up!! :) You could honestly make the eggs ahead of time and put them in the fridge. I even used to crack my eggs and separate the yolks the night before and store it in a container to save a few mins in the morning.
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    BUMP. If you get this far I use Shaklee Energizing Soy Protein in 50% less sugar OJ. Delicious, quick and done.
  • Italianyc84
    Italianyc84 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    nonfat, PLAIN, greek yogurt with protein powder mixed in, plus some fruit and ground flax seed mixed in. love it! sometimes I'll add some nuts or coconut.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    bump :smile:
  • ssstefanieee
    ssstefanieee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Personally I'm not a morning person and I work out first thing in the morning... So breakfest has to be quick and not going to make me sick during my workout. So I grab a quick protien bar like Balance Bar or a builders bar before my workout and have a whey protien smoothie post workout...works perfect for me.
  • klutz25
    klutz25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How about pickled eggs and beets? I know that doesn't sound very breakfasty but it is higher in protein and with the beets you are getting a vegetable. I don't use sugar to pickle the beets but instead use Splenda. I put in some clove, dill seed and peppercorns while I cook the beets. I make this up for a week of breakfasts at a time and have this with a piece of fruit. I eat breakfast at work and the pickled smell covers that unfortunate hardboiled egg smell.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Egg sandwich! I'll toast a piece (or two) of whole wheat bread, spread with a small amt of Promise, wipe a microwavable bowl with Promise (I use a paper towel), scramble an egg and a bit of skim milk in the bowl, add some pepper, and microwave for 1 minute, 30 seconds. The egg will be one piece, the size of the bottom of your bowl so I use a small cereal bowl so it fits on the toast. Put the egg on the toast and you're ready to go. You could also add veggies to it.
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Leftovers, esp. salmon. Fish is just so low cal, high protein!
  • Pkiddy
    Pkiddy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    bump for reference...
  • Katiejo88
    Options
    Try this its wonderful..

1/2 cup cooked Quinoa
    3-4 Egg whites
    1 serving of brown rice protein (or whatever protein you like, I have food intolerance's) Aprox. 60 calories
    1/2 cup blueberries if you want
    sugar free syrup to taste
    1/4 cup almond milk.

Delicious and gluten free if you cant have gluten like me:)