What are your non-fitness hobbies?

Options
Heya!
I know we all probably spend a good part of our spare time counting calories, planning meals, working out, and researching the newest fitness trends....ect. However, I curious what other people's hobbies were outside of the diet/fitness. Are you a stamp collector? A Singer perhaps? Share your hobbies here :D

I'll start in case anyone is feeling shy.

My hobbies: I love to play video games, watching food network contest shows, nature walks, and anything to do with Otaku culture.
Otaku is the nerdy side of Japanese trends in fashion, video games, collectables, manga (comic books), and lots of other fun things. I also cosplay competitively with my friends so we make and dress up in costumes from anime (cartoons) and video games and get judged for craftsmanship. The costume in my profile pic was mostly made by my friend (but i did get to help :D) and we won best in show for our group at our last competition.

Your turn!!

Replies

• Poetic_
    Poetic_ Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Just video gaming really. Love watching movies too if that counts.
  • MellisaCruz
    Options
    Besides, working FT and being a mom....I raise toy poodles. That baby on my profile pic is "Pretty Girl GiGi". She's a a bit older now and goes by the name "bad girl GiGi
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Motorcycles.

JM
  • mikethom
    mikethom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Fitness and weight loss are not so much hobbies as a means to an end. My hobbies include singing (folk and choral), Folk music (actually most forms of music, but folk music in particular :wink: ), cooking, photography, walking/hiking, cycling, reading, Toastmasters (Public Speaking and Leadership)...

Mike
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I play soccer and v-ball for rec league.
    I do cake decorating (custom).
    Read, alot.
    Happy Hours (that's a hobby, right!?)
    I write poems.
  • kaybelmore
    Options
    Besides, working FT and being a mom....I raise toy poodles. That baby on my profile pic is "Pretty Girl GiGi". She's a a bit older now and goes by the name "bad girl GiGi

Awh! So cute!!!!
  • newfieborn
    Options
    If only I had time to enjoy all my hobbies. I enjoy woodworking, boating, fishing, golfing, house reno's, and spending as much time as possible with my family. I am a jack-of-all-trades and I really just enjoying working with my hands.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Logging into MFP, Logging into polarpersonaltrainer.com, logging into facebook and planning a wedding.. that is about it!
  • jackieb1977
    jackieb1977 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    unfortunatly mine is making cakes although i have had to stop as i dont want the temptation in eating them lol
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I read...a lot
    Jigsaw puzzles
    Watching HGTV
    Hiking
    Attempt to longboard (no downhill, i merely cruise)
    Just got into mountain biking, but I still suck at it
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Video games
    Reading.. mostly science/technical books but I really need to catch on my novel reading. I love the horror genre
    Computers/programming
    Amateur Radio... I used to be real active in this but lately I just haven't had time
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Reading, watching movies, photography and more reading :-)
  • Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Planning my wedding
    Surfing the internet
    Showing the dog I co-own at dog shows
    Medieval battle re-enactment
    Reading
    Kittys
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Unfortunatley for me I love to bake.:heart:
  • jessicaann05
    Options
    Fitness and wellness take up a huge part of day to day life. But the rest of it is family time, wedding planning, reading, and blogging. :)
  • lururu
    lururu Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I love anime (currently trying to watch Black Butler), video games (currently playing Xenosage Chronicles, Skyrim and Skyward Sword), reading and my favourite pastime is patchwork quilting :) I also love baking but I've cut down on that - a LOT since starting my diet :(
    I am also a Mum to two gorgeous children who keep me too busy for all the above fun most of the time :P
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I read... a lot. Probably about 300 books a year, or somewhere around that number.
  • tnorth82
    tnorth82 Posts: 186
    Options
    movies
    USA TV shows (The Good Wife, The Walking Dead, True Blood)
    XBox
    Man vs Food and such like TV programme
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    billards, motorcycles, building a 51 Chevy pickup, Offroading/camping/roadtrip with the jeep or bikes, dating (donno if thats a "hobby" but it takes a good bit of time/money").. i have an eggbot and a makerbot for some nerdy fun.. I also design/build/sell custom electronic projects, usually relating to whatever vehicles I own at the time.

When i mention i didnt see this or that on TV, I do have people ask what I do with my time since im not watching TV... to be honest theres so much out there to do, I cant stand sitting around NOT doing something. i could list stuff all day, but I only do some of it once in awhile, so i dont think it counts.
  • athearenee
    Options
    cooking, fishing, reading the Bible