What is your BAD gym etiquette?

Options

Replies

• CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I watch the Food Network while I'm on the elliptical. Sorry Gooey Butter Cake doesn't motivate you the way it motivates me.

Hahaha I was waiting for someone to write this! Fewf, then I'm not alone! I love the foodnetwork any time of day.
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I pick things up, I put them down!
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I am so glad none of you people work out at my gym.

:noway:
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    •I rarely wash my gym clothes and smell like rancid fermunda cheese.
    •I have knocked people's things off their treadmill while caught up in an air drumming session
    •As a result of my swamp *kitten* I leave snail trails
    •I accidentally sing aloud to my music while running

lol @ swamp *kitten*
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I DON'T remove my outdoor shoes to carry them through the locker room. (gasp) i wear them in, i ain't stepping on that floor! Nasty...

Me too! AND, I wear heels, loud ones, so EVERYONE knows I'm walking in with my outdoor shoes! I tend to get the occasional abundance of nasty looks as I walk past all the naked people and straight to an open change room, lol.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Lord this thread has me in tears :laugh:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I forget to wipe down the machines when using them... I got out of the habit when the exercise rooms I went to (usually in Apartment complexes) didn't provide cleaner or disposable towels. I will try to remember in the future though... especially now that know where they keep that stuff.. :-D
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I occasionally eat a nutrition bar in the middle of my workout if I'm feeling weak. I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to eat while on a cardio machine but whatever.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I call people 'bro' when I critique their routine. Also, I say 'all natural' as often as possible.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I used to worry about going to the gym because I was new and didn't know the rules. Now I just do my thing and so what if people think I am silly. Actually, I do tend to be silly. That is just the way I am.

Same here. I'll (silently) lip sync, groove along, have fun. I don't care if anyone is looking. :huh:
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I take up an hour on the treadmill. I do wipe it down.

I look at other people TV screens sometimes (some of the treadmills have them) and watch what they watch. But they rearranged so I can't do that now. It helped me run with my head up and give me better posture

I fart on the treadmill sometimes, only have the urge when I'm running, as soon as I stop to stretch, it's gone...

I look around a lot, it gets boring staring straight ahead. (I have issues pacing myself so I don't run outside, plus it's cold out)
  • solar_brat
    Options
    I didn't know it was bad etiquette to air drum and lip sync. I do both. :D I also ignore people glaring at me when I go over my allotted time on a machine if there's an identical one available. Though it appears at my gym that running for an hour is acceptable behavior when it's not crowded. I work out hard, so I sweat a lot. But I thought that was the point, so I'm not gonna apologize for that. I do a very thorough job cleaning up, though.
  • RUN2CJ
    RUN2CJ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I missed out on the sharing lesson in 2nd grade and do not allow other to "work-in" on my machines. i have the weights that I prefer adn need to rest the alotted time between sets. Chances are that I had to wait for teh machine adn the gym that I go to has 3 floors! There's no way you can't wait for me to do 3 sets of 10 calf raises... Do you really need a machine for that anyway? A gym is a luxury, I have not always been able to afford a membership! I remember using a phone book and my sofa to get some arm work outs done!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I used a 3 day trial membership at a club and got to know the early morning person's routine. She hated cleaning the bathrooms, so I knew that would be her task first thing like clockwork.
    My trial membership expired, and I made it a point to arrive when I knew the front desk was unstaffed.
    I worked out for FREE for an entire year.
    Everybody knew me, and I became a familiar figure about the gym with other members and staff, including management.

I'd workout, swim and visit with others in the steam room, then go play racquet ball, swim some more or shower up and leave.
    Nobody ever questioned.
    And then they were bought out by an outfit that required new contracts, so I made myself scarce, then sucked it up and joined.

That's bad - no?
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I say "fvck" a lot when I max out my heart rate and feel like I can't possibly give any more.
  • armon403
    armon403 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    -I step on a towel in the locker room so I don't have to touch the floor.

Wait since when is doing this bad etiquette?

I think people not taking care of their feet which causes the rest of us to do this in order to avoid athlete's foot is the bad etiquette.

I'm not sure when this became bad etiquette but someone complained about guys like me (towel steppers) in one of the other posts. I really didn't think it was that bad and it prevents me from catching nastiness from the floor.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I didn't know the 30 min rule. I dont' think my gym has it because my personal trainer told me to do an hour on the elliptical. He works for the gym, so I would think he would know.

I do feel bad though the other day two girls were about to hop on ellipticals, I told them I would be off in 2 minutes if they wanted to hang on. I got off, wiped my machine down and two different ladies took those spots. :blushing: I know it's not my fault, but I still felt bad.

My bad habit is to be a machine peeker. I always look to see what other people are doing.
  • onedaystrong
    Options
    This makes me smile!
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I say "fvck" a lot when I max out my heart rate and feel like I can't possibly give any more.

you say "fvck" all the time
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I do more than 30 minutes of Cardio at a time. And yes, I get mad when I see other people doing it!
    I never knew this was a problem? I always do an hour minimum when I'm at the gym.

Its a common rule at gyms. But not relevant unless people are waiting. I rarely go when all the machines are taken.
    I'm pretty sure it's not a rule at my gym, but it's huge and there are so many different cardio machines that it's not really an issue.