"Don't reward yourself with food, you`re not a dog" Lou Ferr

2»

Replies

• KrzyRiver
    KrzyRiver Posts: 29 Member
    Oh, that's a great reward! I have a hard time justifying getting a pedicure because I'm a professional nail technician (why spend the money when I can do it myself??) so that would be a good one for me! Make my coworkers pamper me! Lol.

I'm plateauing right now, right above the 70lb loss mark, so that'll be good motivation to keep working out and bust through. =)
  • Gt3ch
    Gt3ch Posts: 212 Member
    Dogs don't reward themselves with food either.

:happy:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    I pretty regularly reward myself for 6 days of healthy eating & kickass workouts with my bodyweight in Patron &/or a day spent eating a crapton of craptastic crap food that may or may not include a piece of cake the size of my head.

Is that bad?

No. It's WONDERFUL! :drinker:

A life spent without adoring food and drink is not a life I think is worth living!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    hello-yes-this-is-dog.png
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    I reward myself with hash browns from the waffle house. Lathered splattered dathered and battered.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    I reward myself with hash browns from the waffle house. Lathered splattered dathered and battered.

Still waiting for my Cosmic Brownie. :smile:
  • ma34113
    ma34113 Posts: 93 Member
    totally not worth treating yourself cuz then you worry the next day about how to burn it off....lol
  • Silverkittycat
    totally not worth treating yourself cuz then you worry the next day about how to burn it off....lol

nooooo....why would you punish yourself for enjoying your reward?
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member

1306323042-brownies.jpg
  • Silverkittycat

1306323042-brownies.jpg

Thank you. :heart:
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    I occasionally reward myself with food but then I'm a *****.
    :laugh:

I think you can all guess what the censored word was.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member

But, if they had an opposable thumb and could get into the pantry, they would. :laugh: Actually, I had a dog that figured out how to open the bread drawer (handle not a knob). After that, it was no longer the bread drawer.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member

But, if they had an opposable thumb and could get into the pantry, they would. :laugh: Actually, I had a dog that figured out how to open the bread drawer (handle not a knob). After that, it was no longer the bread drawer.

My cat can get into our pantry, cabinets, and china cabinet. I had to move her food to the top of the pantry.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member

:bigsmile: I don't think they would think to reward themselves if a human being hadn't rewarded them first :smile: It seems to me that human beings are the only ones who need rewards.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    I don't reward myself with food, I eat whatever I want anyway and just mark it down on this little site called MFP
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Just to be inappropriately serious I get pretty excited about kimchi. I don’t really think indulging in some kimchi on occasion is a problem. But yeah banana splits are a problem. ;P

Whenever I try to train my dog with treats she likes too much she goes so nuts with anticipation over the reward that she can’t focus. When she can focus she just barely does the absolute minimum to get the treat.

My nephew is being potty trained. Honestly he’s not so different.

Goals & rewards are double-edged swords. They have the power to help but also limit or hinder progress.

Well said.
  • strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    LMAO ISNT THAT THE HULK?????
  • airlily
    airlily Posts: 212 Member
    That's true on so many levels. Rewarding yourself by doing something that made you overweight in the first place (I know not everyone would do this, but I have totally binged as a reward when i lost weight, and would just crash diet the next day to make up for the damage) is probably not wise. Instead, maybe make a "My New Wardrobe" savings account (piggy bank, or whatever), and give yourself money whenever you lose a pound or more a week?