The Everything In Moderation Myth

Options
124»

Replies

• rsparks38
    Options
    This is the same way I have lost 38 pounds, but I do drink one diet coke a day with my lunch. I would never have been successful if I hadn't been able to still have a donut or pizza once in awhile. My calorie allowance is smaller though. I would say 1500-1800 a day has worked for me, obviously the 1800 hundred on the days I had exercise calories to use.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    The law of thermodynamics applies to EVERYONE.

I would like to point out that there is more than one law of thermodynamics.

But yes, they do apply to everything.

The first law of thermodynamics is: You don't talk about thermodynamics!
    The second law of thermodynamics is: You don't talk about thermodynamics!
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I will never understand why anyone chooses to eat unhealhy food on a regular basis, regardless of whether you need to lose weight or not. I really just makes no sense to me.

Speaking for myself, it's because the quality of the food as it relates to my overall health isn't the deciding factor on whether or not I put it my mouth. Some unhealthy food is just delightful. And really, whatever we decide qualifies as "unhealthy" is relative. I can't think of any of foods that I adore that are unhealthy to the extent that I think I would develop any problems eating them in moderation on a regular basis. It's not as if I have a taste for silver nitrate or anything.

EDIT: I'll give an example. Totino's pizzas. It's crap pizza. In the grand scheme of all pizza, it's just awful. But I love it sooo much. I imagine I could get away with eating one/week without an issue.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I will never understand why anyone chooses to eat unhealhy food on a regular basis, regardless of whether you need to lose weight or not. I really just makes no sense to me.

Speaking for myself, it's because the quality of the food as it relates to my overall health isn't the deciding factor on whether or not I put it my mouth. Some unhealthy food is just delightful. And really, whatever we decide qualifies as "unhealthy" is relative. I can't think of any of foods that I adore that are unhealthy to the extent that I think I would develop any problems eating them in moderation on a regular basis. It's not as if I have a taste for silver nitrate or anything.

These Lead Paint Chips are delicious with salsa and sour cream!

But seriously, this. I don't believe my body is so delicate that it can't handle a couple cookies, cupcakes or slices of pizza.
  • Ladydi1982
    Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    bump